Natural marine park of Iroise
The natural marine park of Iroise is the first Natural marine park French. Created in 2007 after several years of dialog and debate, it must allow a better management of the maritime field of the Mer of Iroise, for the Préservation and of the Sustainable development of this exceptional space.
Environmental richnesses of the sea of IroiseThis maritime space is famous for the richness of its Flore and its fauna. Rich person in Plankton, the Mer of Iroise is known to be the largest field of marine algas in Europe, with more than 300 species.
She accommodates more than 120 species of different Poisson. It is a space privileged for the Lotte, the oil cake, the Homard and the Langouste. The quarter of the French population of Marine mammals also resides at it, with colonies of seals, dolphins and otters.
History of the creation of the park
- 1989-1990 : During the inauguration of the Reserve of biosphere of Iroise (label of UNESCO allotted to Ushant and the Archipelago of Molène), by the Minister of environment, the idea to create in Mer of Iroise a national park marine is put forward.
- 1996: Creation of a " mission" with Brest to assemble the project.
- 1998-1999: Socio-economic and scientific studies of the project with confirmation of the richness of the natural heritage, and the brittleness of the local activities, in particular on the inhabited islands and for maritime fishings.
- 2000-2001: Consultation of the 34 communes concerned and socio-professional of the zone of study (opinion of the overall positive territory). Favorable opinion of the National council of protection of nature (CNPN).
- 2001: Approval of the project by the decree of catch in consideration, signed by the Prime Minister.
- 2003: Local consultations leading to proposals for orientations.
- 2004: Revision of the law on the National parks.
- 2005: Abandonment of the project of national park , replaced by the natural marine park , less constraining because excluding the coastal peripheral zones, only marine space being classified and aiming at a durable exploitation of the resources.
- 2006: Publication of the law allowing the creation of the natural marine parks and public survey from November 20th to December 20th.
- 2007: Creation by a Decree signed on June 29th, 2007 by the Minister for ecology, the development and installation durable, Jean-Louis Borloo, and published with the Official journal on October 2nd 2007 after its signature by the Prime Minister, Francois Fillon.
The opposition to the project was carried by l´ defense association and of valorization of the islands and the littoral of the sea of Iroise (ADVILI), was created in May 2002 and carried out by Albert Cam. It is mainly illustrated by an intense lobbying near the communes concerned and the inscription with the white painting of “NOT WITH the MARINE PARK” on many roads and dams of the area. The association for the creation of the natural marine park of Iroise (APCPNMI) was created in reaction to support the project of park, and was supported by association Longitude 181 Nature .
Certain yachtmen have fears the integral protection of hot sites to which they would not have any more access. Others, following the example Network Coherence deplored the lack of will posted of restoration of the ecosystems and the habitats to the profit of a status quo . Others still saw in the creation of the Park the occasion to treat the questions of Maritime security, Nitrate S and the marine Eutrophisation, or of the Séquelles of war (the sea of Iroise having been used after the two last World wars of deposit as chemical and conventional ammunition.
PerimeterThe Natural marine park of Iroise will extend on 3550 km ² from zones immersed between the parallel 48°31' NR (in the North of the island of Ushant) and it parallel 47°59' NR (in the South of the island of Center), the feature of coast in the East except for the Rade of Brest and the limit of the territorial water (12 marine Milles) in the West. Coastal and terrestrial spaces are thus not aimed by the park.
Orientations of managementThe decree of creation of the park fixes ten orientations of management for the park:
OperationThe board of trustees represents the State, the interested territorial collectivities, of the organizations representative of the professionals and the users as well as qualified personalities.
Relation with the other valorization and safety devicesThe park does not replace the valorization and former safety devices which relates to the Mer of Iroise, but supplements them while relating only to maritime space.
|Random links:||Donneloye | Bryan Adams (album) | Eduardo Manet | Rory MacGregor | CKGN | Franc_rwandais|