See also: Nancray (homonymy)
Hydrographic networkNancray is traversed by the Rimarde which crosses the communal territory of the south to north. This river is joined by small Rimarde on the level of the farm of the Fort of water, on the territory of Bouilly-in-Gâtinais, after having curved on the commune of Nancray. Out these two rivers, not of notable water point. Rimarde, which made the happiness of the walkers before the Second world war, was rectified at the time of a regrouping in the years 1956 - 1957. It is not any more, since then, but one ditch which does not retain enough water to avoid the floods downstream. Its management is delegated to the trade union of Rimarde which joined itself the trade unions of the other rivers which are dependant for him (the Egg and the the Essonne).
Natural areasNancray is in extreme cases of two natural areas, the Orléanais, in left bank of small Rimarde, and the Gâtinais (Western) in its Right Bank.
- Sites moustérien and Neolithic eras, borough located on the Roman way of Direction in Orleans; to the place where it changes rectilinear orientation, fall from dead German officer in 1870 (battles of Beaune-the-Rolande).
- District rural, Nancray was worked by the agricultural activity, but of other activities are not absent.
- the vine growing which marked the agricultural activity of the village a long time, thanks to the proximity of the large Parisian market, exists today only in a residual state, and without any economic justification.
- the field crop is the largely dominant activity today, combining industrial crops (colza, beet sugar with the sugar refineries of Pithiviers and Basket-in-Gâtinais) and food cultures for the cattle or human consumption (durum and tender wheat, barley of brewery, sunflower, corn-grain)
Industry and craft industry
- mainly artisanal Activities, with work on wood, the ground (faience manufacture) or leather,
- Nancray accommodates also a factory working the plastic.
ServicesBeyond the restaurants, of the hairdresser or automobile garage, the commune includes/understands also tourist activities related to the country holidays - lodgings and rooms of hosts who indicate the dependence of the village with respect to the regional metropolises, Paris and Orleans, and a autocarist who, in addition to school transport, organizes many voyages in all Europe.
- the elementary school of Nancray is integrated to the SIRIS, which is an association between communes, to enable them to keep this heart of a village which is its school, while ensuring the children a teaching of quality by sparing classes of a homogeneous level (not of single class where all the ages are mixed and the teachers of as much divided) though the minister of education says some which expresses sometimes its will to gather the elementary schools of the canton, more by concern of profitability that of coherence and effectiveness.
- the schoolboys go mainly to Beaune-the-Rolande.
- the high-school pupils go mainly to Pithiviers, or Montargis.
- private education nearest at the disposal of Nancréens is located at Pithiviers.
- Nancray counts a founded municipal harmony towards 1890 to which the click of the firemen was officially attached recently. This harmony ensures the animation of the employers' festival and the patriotic gatherings.
- a music school located at Beaune-the-Rolande and financed by the Community of communes of Beaunois is at the disposal of the population of Nancray-on-Rimarde for the training of the music.
- Of the relations was created a few years ago with the commune of Nancray in Doubs, without those being really thorough.
- In addition one can note that bonds, rather strong but quite as abstract, exist between the volunteer firemen of Nancray and the firemen of Fredersdorf-Vogelsdorf in Germany. This exchange was based at the origin via the departmental music of the sappers firemen of Loiret, of which some firemen of Nancray form part. Since, the firemen of the two cities meet out of these frameworks, and the firemen of Nancray had the concern of associating with it the barracks of Beaune-the-Rolande to which they are attached since the departmentalization of the fire stations, at the origin local elections.
Site of INSEE for Nancray-on-Rimarde
- the site of the prefecture of Loiret
- the site of the general advice of Loiret
- the site of the prefecture of the Area Centers
- the site of the district council of the Center
|Random links:||The Man in a hurry (song) | Sergio Fernández | Virgil Gheorghiu (poet) | Bonsomi college | Russo-Turkish war of 1806-1812 | Vernis_de_désert|