GeographyNaix-with-forging mills is located in the valley of the Ornain, 80 km upstream of Ligny-in-Barrois.
HistoryThe city of Naix - Latin Nasium - is resulting from the displacement of the site height of the oppidum of Boviolles, occupied by the Gallic people of the Leuques, towards the very close valley and developed quickly with the beginning of the Roman occupation. This Gallo-Roman city, whose vestiges are currently spread out over the territory of three villages make the object in this moment of many research and investigations in the archaeological field and provide many arguments to consider and classify this one like chief town of city to the High-Empire.
Places and monuments
- Common of the Meuse
- Naix-with-Forging mills on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Naix-with-Forging mills on the site of INSEE
- Naix-with-Forging mills on the site of Quid
- Localization of Naix-with-Forging mills on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Naix-with-Forging mills on Mapquest
|Random links:||Montbouton | Astrakhan | David Sole | Notre-Dame church of Field-the-Duke | Rosa chinensis|