Nagoya Basho 2007
The Nagoya Basho 2007 is the tournament of Sumo which took place from July 8th to 22nd 2007 with the prefectoral Gymnasium of Aichi, to Nagoya. The Yūshō of Makuuchi was gained by Yokozuna Asashōryū over the score of 14 victories against a defeat, conceded the first day day of the tournament vis-a-vis Komusubi Aminishiki; it is its first yūshō since January 2007, its twenty-and-unième in all. In division Jūryō, the yūshō was gained by Iwakiyama over the weak score of 12 victories and 3 defeats and after a tomoe-SEN (finale) against two other fighters (Kyokutenhō and Gōeidō).
This basho was the theater of rather rare events:
- the first basho of Hakuhō in the capacity as Yokozuna, the supreme rank of the sumo. This last finished the tournament on a card positive (but poor for Yokozuna) of 11 victories for 4 defeats.
- the accession with the rank of ōzeki of Sekiwake Kotomitsuki was decided following its exceptional performances. Indeed, with 13 victories (including one on the shin-Yokozuna Hakuhō) and only two defeats (including one against Yokozuna Asashōryū), it carried out a sufficient score to be promoted ōzeki (the second rank of the sumo).
- Makuuchi Yūshō : Yokozuna Asashôryû Akinori (14-1) (21ère)
- Jūryō Yūshō: Iwakiyama Ryuta (12-3) (2)
- Makushita Yūshō: Isobe Hiyoyuki (7-0)
- Sandanme Yūshō: Minami Takayuki (7-0)
- Jonidan Yūshō: Tosayutaka Yuya (7-0)
- Jonokuchi Yūshō: Tokitsukasa Kenji (7-0)
- Shukun-shō (price of the performance): Aminishiki Ryūji (2)
- Kantō-shō (price of the combatvity): Toyohibiki Ryuta (1st) and Kotomitsuki Keiji (4ère)
- Ginō-shō (price of the technique): Kotomitsuki Keiji (7ère)
|Random links:||District of Saumur | Béthincourt | Pierre Jules Reynès | STS-5 | 1871 in science | Kōsa|