A musician is a person who plays or composes of the Musique.
As regards alive music, one can leave the opposition between the musician executant - Chant or or instrumentalist - and the listener of music, whose role is obviously more unobtrusive. However, when each one is at the same time executant and listener - for example, members of a religious community singing Cantique S - this distinction becomes inoperative.
a second opposition comes to be added to the preceding one and concerns the only musicians: it is about the distinction enters, on the one hand the Compositeur, which “thinks” and the music “writes” - for the standard of music having a marking system -, on the other hand the interprets, which carries out this one - with according to the cases, a more or less great part of personal invention and improvisation. Certain famous musicians, interpreters - individuals or groups - or type-setters, left in the history of the traces justifying a biographical study distinct from the musical current to which they belong.
The musicians can be classified according to the way in which they make music:
- a Chanteur uses his voice.
- an instrumentalist plays of a Musical instrument.
- a Compositeur composes of the music.
- a chief, Leader or Chief of chorus, directs a musical Ensemble.
- a Auteur-compositeur-interprète writes the text and the music of songs which he sings itself.
- List of the musicians
- Lists of type-setters: HAS - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - NR - O - P - Q - R - S - T - UV - W - XYZ
|Random links:||400 | David Edward Kelley | Palate of the Reichstag | Dutch cinema | List Armenian catholicos of Aghtamar | Gustave Kouassi Ouffoué | Adrian,_le_Wisconsin|