The village is built on the Monts of Lacaune.
Villages borderingThe villages bordering are
- in Herault: Castanet-le-Haut, Cambon-and-Salvergues, Strawberry-on-Agout;
- in the Tarn: Strokes, Lacaune, Bar;
- in Aveyron: Can-and-Couffouleux, Arnac-on-Dourdou, Mélagues.
ClimateMurat-on-Vèbre is in extreme cases of the oceanic and Mediterranean influences. Moreover its altitude influences the temperatures and precipitations. The Climat is cold and wet the winter. The summer is hot, sometimes dry, when the influence the Mediterranean is not dominating.
RiversMurat is sprinkled by the following rivers:
- the Vèbre which is thrown in the Agout,
- the Dourdou, which is thrown in the Tarn and whose higher course is used as limit between the commune and Castanet-le-Haut.
HistoryBefore the Revolution, the community of inhabitants bore the name of Boissezon de Matviel, in the Sénéchaussée of Castres. It formed four Paroisse S: Saint-Etienne de Murat, Saint-Pierre de Canac, Saint-Pierre-and-Saint-Paul of Bessière, Notre-Dame de Boissezon, depend on the Diocèse on Castrate.
1790: municipality of Murat, chief town of canton
Year X: commune of Murat, chief town of canton (including/understanding the communes of Hut-and-Bars and Murat), district of Castrate
The parish of Notre-Dame de Boissezon, removed in year X, is restored on December 3rd 1826.
1876: ask certain inhabitants of Bessière tending so that the parish of Bessière is set up in distinct commune.
1891: the commune takes the name of Murat-on-Vèbre by decree of July 17th.
Places and monuments
- Church Notre-Dame de Boissezon
- Saint-Pierre Church of Bessière
- Church Saint-Pierre de Canac
- Castle of Boissezon (remains a turn)
- Château of Canac
- Statue-menhir (Pailhemalbiau, Moulin of Louat)
- Water mill of Narulle
Personalities related to the commune
Common of the Tarn
- Inscribed menhir
- Murat-on-Vèbre on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Murat-on-Vèbre on the site of INSEE
- Murat-on-Vèbre in Quid
- Localization of Murat-on-Vèbre on a chart of France
- Localization of Murat-on-Vèbre on a chart of the Tarn
- Localization of Murat-on-Vèbre on a road map Michelin
- genealogy of Murat-on-Vèbre
- Study and protection of the Inheritance
- site of the tourist office of murat on vèbre
- Association of safeguard of the castle of Canac
|Random links:||Gorze | Renault 15 and 17 | Eugene McCarthy | Antoine-Charles of Saint-Simon | Province_de_Banteay_Meanchey|