Movement of the rights and freedoms
The Movement of the rights and freedoms (in Bulgarian: Движениезаправаисвободи, Дпс, DPS - or in Turkish, Hak ve Özgürlükler Hareketi, HÖH) is the main thing Political party of the Turkish minority and Moslem woman of Bulgaria. The MDL is member of the European liberal party ELDR following the example oldest ethnic Political party, the Svenska Folkpartiet of the Swedes of Finland.
Historyto also see Turks of Bulgaria and Islam in Bulgaria
- 1994:14 seats
- 1997:19 seats
- 2001:21 seats (in coalition with the party gypsy Euroroma, which however did not obtain any elected official)
- 2005:34 seats
- 2007, the European Parliament, 5 seats (out of 18), like the two Bulgarian principal parties.
Legislative elections of June 2005The excellent results of the MDL to the legislative elections of 2005 must be underlined: passed from 21 to 33 seats, it is essential like third political clout of the country, and by far like the first near the Bulgarian voters residing abroad while having collected more 60 % of their votes according to the first examinations.
More than one million and half of Bulgarian citizens would reside abroad, of which a third only in Turkey where much had fled the mode communisto-nationalist (1944-1989). According to the embassy of France with Sofia, there was " emigration forced into 1989 of 340.000 Turkish-speaking, 160.000 are revenus" , but " since 1989,650 000 people emigrated of Bulgaria, including 243.000 towards Turquie". There was not less than 344 polling stations in 72 countries, including 78 for only Turkey.
The electoral results of the MDL by districts show clearly that this party has a very concentrated base territorialement: on the 31 electoral constituencies, only 17 sent deputies of the MDL with scores active of 7,18 % with Plovdiv (1 seat out of 10) with 67,32 % (5 seats out of 5) in the electoral district of Kardjali, stronghold of its leader and founder Ahmed Dogan, political prisoner under Todor Jivkov.
- Bulgarian Ethnic Party " Wins" Abroad, Sofia News Agency, 26 June 2005
- electoral results by districts, Sofia News Agency, 27 June 2005
- other French and English articles published in various Bulgarian and different media (embassy from France to Sofia and association Bulgaria-France) accessible on Internet, to see the bonds in the Political page of Bulgaria
- Official site of the MDL
|Random links:||Frévin-Capelle | Flag of the Dutch West Indies | Bernard Vidal (chemist) | Scott Quinnell | Gatibu | Vor_:_Maelstrom|