Mougins (in Occitan Of Provence: Mogins according to the traditional standard or Mougin according to the Norme mistralienne) is a common Frenchwoman of the department of the the Alpes-Maritimes, in the area Provence-Alp-Coast of Azure. Its inhabitants is the Mouginois .
GeographyIt is located at approximately 6 kilometers of the Mediterranean, in the north of the communes of Cannes and the Cannet.
It is crossed by the trunk road N85 which connect Cannes and Grasse with Grenoble (also known under the name of Route Napoleon).
Mougins accommodates on its territory 18% of the technopolis of Sophia-Antipolis.
HistoryThe oldest traces of human occupation would go up with the Neolithic .
The old village, perched on a hillock, was strengthened with the Moyen-âge.
To the 11th century, the count of Antibes gave Mougins to the abbey of Lérins, which preserved it until the Révolution.
During the war of succession of Austria, the village was devastated by a fire and was plundered by the armies austro-Sardinians.
The economic main activity of the 19th century was the floral production (pink and Jasmin) for the perfumers of Grasse.
It is starting from half of the 20th century that this locality became a high tourist and artistic place of the Riviera.
Administrationalign=" center" | |- | align=right| 193? || Mr. Laumbre-Delanoy ||align=" center" | || align=" center" | Doctor |- | align=right| 195? || Mr. Sauvan ||align=" center" | Gaullist || align=" center" | |- | align=right| 196? || Mr. André Bailet ||align=" center" | || align=" center" | |- | align=right| 196? || Mr. Maillan ||align=" center" | || align=" center" | |- | align=right| 1970 || Mr. Roger Duhalde ||align=" center" | RPR || align=" center" | |- | align=right| 1989 || Mr. Roger Duhalde ||align=" center" | RPR || align=" center" | |- | align=right| 1995 || Mr. Roger Duhalde ||align=" center" | RPR || align=" center" | |- | align=right| 2001 || Mr. Richard Galy ||align=" center" | UMP || align=" center" |doctor |- | colspan=" 4" align=" center" | the former data are not yet known. One knows that Roger Duhalde was mayor during several decades… |}
Personalities related to the commune
- Pablo Picasso, Paul Éluard, Jean Cocteau, Fernand Leger lived starting from 1937 with the hotel Vaste Horizon .
- Jean-Marie Bigard has a restaurant there.
- Ségolène Royal and François Holland has a second home there.
- Leonce-Henri Burel, deceased in the commune.
- the Commander François Joseph Amédée Lamy was born in Mougins in 1858.
- Common of the Alpes-Maritimes
- Business Omar Raddad
- Mougins on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Mougins on the site of INSEE
- Mougins on the site of Quid
- Localization of Mougins on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Localization on Mougins on Google Map
|Random links:||Tzadik Records | Dos mujeres | Esperce | Scrabble duplicate | Dee Snider | Commandery of Saddlescombe | Banlieue_noire_du_nord_de_Fayette,_Pennsylvanie|