Mosque with Gold apples
The mosque with Gold apples is a religious building of the 12th century built under the reign of the sultan Yacoub El Mansour, located close to an old door of Marrakech (Bab Aguenaou).
Known in the past under the name of " mosque of El Mansour " , it was rebuilt in 1569 following an explosion, and was re-elected " mosque with gold " apples; because, according to a legend, the balls of its lantern would have been carried out with the Or of the jewels of the wife of Yacoub El Mansour (which makes build the Koutoubia).
Long, it 80 meters is located by its Minaret decorated with interlacing in rhombuses of turquoise color, surmounted multicoloured tiles. It is composed of a room of prayer and eleven naves.
|Random links:||House of Babenberg | Teillet | Tom Lenk | Foam (river) | Grinders | Shuar|