Geographical locationMontehermoso is with 40º5' 23” NR and 6º20' 53” W, with 24 kilometers of Plasencia and 107 of Cáceres by the road. Its rise report/ratio in the sea level is of 394 meters. Its surface is of 96 km.
DemographyIn 2005 Montehermoso had 5623 inhabitants, according to the INNATE one.
GovernmentThe mayor of Montehermoso is Carlos Javier Labrador. He was elected in 2003 E re-elected in 2007. The next municipal elections will take place in 2011. The municipality counts 13 city council men.
- Pozuelo de Zarzón in the North-West
- Aceituna in north and the North-East
- Valdeobispo and Galisteo in the east
- Riolobos in the south
- Guijo de Galisteo in the west.
ReliefMontehermoso is in a zone punt close to the river Alagón. Its rise oscillates between 200 and 500 meters with the top of the sea level.
HydrographyTo Montehermoso pass an affluent of the river Tage, the Alagón, and some affluents of this river, like the Brooks of Aceituna, of Nava, Pez and Bank of Bronco.
HistoryTo Montehermoso passed people préromans, Romans and visigoths.
Montehermoso was founded 13th century, like small village of the Authority of Galisteo. Little of before the property Atalaya, wedges with the commune of the small village that was not Authority of Galisteo, was a castle important of the Reconquest. During times that Montehermoso was of Galisteo (six centuries), were built in Montehermoso a church and five hermitages.
Montehermoso émancipa in 1837.
Church of Notre Dame of Asunción. (built at the 16th century)
- Hermitage of Atalaya (private property)
- Hermitage of Notre Dame de Valdefuentes (built at the XVII-18th century)
- Hermitage of the Saint Christ of the Remedies (built with the XVI-XVII centuries and restored in 1995)
- Hermitage of Saint Antoine (built at the 18th century and restored in 1998)
- Hermitage of Sebastien Saint (built at century XVIII and restored between 2000 and 2002)
- Hermitage of Bartolomé Saint (restored in 2006)
- Hermitage of Cristophe Saint (built at the 20th century)
FestivalsIn Montehermoso some festivals with the length of the year are celebrated. Most important are those of:
Holy Sebastien (Sunday closer to the January 20th)
- Holy Blaise (February 3rd)
- the Carnivals
- the pilgrimage of Valdefuentes (second Sunday after that of Resurrection)
- Holy Bartolomé (August 24th)
- the day of the Virgin of Valdefuentes (September 6th, although celebrated 8 because it is festival in Extremadura)
|Random links:||Morienval | Midhordland | Jason Kapono | Jacques Casasus | Mel Bridgman | Martin_Richards|