The commune of Montechiarugolo is located in Emilie between the chain of the the Apennines and the plain of Po. The commune is bordered by the river Enza which constitutes a natural border. The place chief is located at 128 meters with the top of the sea level.
Going back to 1187, the first toponym is Monticulus Rivolus , in 1230, one speaks about Mons Clerevulus then in 1299 of Monteceretulus , Monteclarugulus to transform into Monsclariculus in 1602. Patois of the place, the toponym could come from monc and of rugghel which respectively is a mount and rugghel of lugghel in Latin luculus is a thicket.
HistoryAlthough altitude is modest, the position is strategic because it allows the control of the valley of the Enza, it is what explains the construction of the castle which dominates by its structure the place chief. Its current architecture goes back to 1410, 1420 and rests on the remainders of a first fortification which dates from the 12th century. The extension carried out most probably by a military architect lombard was made by the lord Guido Torelli in 1406.
Torelli become counts de Montechiarugolo until the 17th century when Pio Torelli is combined with a conspiracy of lords against their Master Ranuce Ier Farnèse, duke of Parma. Pio Torelli was carried out the May 19th 1612 with Parma.
The castle is then occupied by a garrison because the commune constitutes also the border with the neighboring state, the duchy of Este of Modena. The June 29th 1734, the Prince Frederic-Charles of Wurtemberg takes refuge in the castle after the defeat at the time of the Bataille of San Pietro, it is castle which he writes his report/ratio of the battle to the emperor of Austria.
The March 20th 1806, Hugues Nardon, prefect emits the decree which institutes the department of the Taro and of its 13 communes of which that of Montechiarugolo. In 1874, the mayor Giovanni Mariotti makes destroy the enclosing wall of the borough. The August 22nd 1901, a strike of the agricultural workers begins, constant by the socialist movement of Parma vis-a-vis agrarian association, representing the owners. The September 13rd, the strike shows the defeat of the agricultural workers.
As of 1940, the castle of Montechiarugolo becomes a Concentration camp English, French nationals and Yugoslavians who were present on the Italian territory at the time of the declaration of the war. With the constitution of the Italian Social republic, in Monticelli Terme is created a new concentration camp, the prisoners are off-set with Auschwitz and Birkenau. These camps imprisoned on average about fifty people.
Satellite sight WikiMapia
Festivals, fairs -->
Basilicagoiano, in dialect Parmesan Besgagoià , the origin of the toponym is dubious, it can derive from Celtic the Besegovium which would mean the irresistible channel or of the vocabulary medieval Parmesan Bisca is inn resulting from a word of German origin besghe . The nickname of the very old borough which is widely diffused is the Villa . There exist three properties of the 18th century: Villa Borri, Villa Candian and Villa Roncaroni-Binachi
- Basilicanova, in dialect Parmesan Besganova , the origin of the toponym is as dubious and would have the same root as Basilicagoiano or the village would have taken the name of a church basilica nova built in 921 and now disappeared. Basilicanova belonged to Rossi of Parma which made build a castle destroyed at the 16th century. The stronghold passed to Sforza, related with the pope Paul III.
- Tortiano, in dialect Parmesan Tortian , in other times called Torizàn: this borough was the seat of a castle at the 10th century In 969, the count Igone obtains the confirmation of its use by Ottone I, but the defensive function of the castle is lost during time because of the proximity of the castle of Montechiarugolo much more powerful. In the borough, there exists a church of the 17th century and the Villa Meli Lupi of style neo-classic.
- Monticelli Term; the borough exists since the Middle Ages, there exists testimonys of a sheltering castle of the troops which tried to occupy the province close to Reggio. This castle was probably destroyed in 1400 following engagements between the families Rossi and Da Correggio. Thereafter Monticelli was integrated in the county of Montechiarugolo. In 1924, Italo Borrini (1876 - 1955), owner and farmer, discovered by digging a drilling in the search of water, sulfurous water. It transformed the field into thermal spa which it inaugurated in May 1927 and it took part in the installation of the borough. Monticelli accepted remove prestigious among which Gabriele D' Annunzio in 1930. It is the borough more populated from where its request, on several occasions, to become the place chief.
Small hamlets, several houses gathered around a place known as: Confine di Pariano, Convento, Fornace Vecchia, Lovetta, Malcantone, Masdone, Monte, Pecorile, Piazza, Piazzola, San Geminiano, Santa Felicola, Scornavacca, Torretta, Tre Fiumi, Tripoli, Fratta.
Communes borderingMontecchio Emilia, Parma, San Sports shirt of Enza, Sant' Ilario d' Enza, Traversetolo
External bonds -->
- All' will ombra di a castello, Montechiarugolo attraverso I secoli of Free Fiorini edition Grafiche Step Editrice.
- I Torelli, conti di Montechiarugolo (1406-1612) of Vittorio Barbieri.
- Tra chiuse will meura - Deportazione E campi di concentramento nella provincia di Parma 1940-1945 of Marco Minardi.
- Al bridge äd mez social Périodique of the Famija Pramzana , edition 1987, Arnaldo Barilli.
|Random links:||2000 A.D. (film) | Villebout | Private education in France | Suifenhe | Bank tuniso-Kuwaiti | Emily_Mortimer|