Monte Carlo (in Monégasque Assembles-Carlu ) is one of the ten Quartiers of the Monaco and most known of this modern City-State, the Principality of Monaco.
ToponymyMonte Carlo (the “Mount-Charles”) bears this Italian name in the honor of the prince Charles III of Monaco and this since July 1st 1866.
This name was adapted in Monégasque: Assembles-Carlu ).
This recent name sounding particulèrement well was given to the Lieu-dit the Spélugues (to be included/understood the “Caves”; as a Monegasque E Speřüghe , Romance commun run and in the singular * speluca , corresponding to the Latin traditional spelunca him even resulting from Greek “the σπηλαιου'='spelaion” meaning cave ) after its urbanization (Casino): it was not said that the old name carried bad luck since in German (plural Spelunken ) in spite of its identical etymology, indicates a “doubtful establishment”.
They are the typographical rules relating to the Toponyme S of use with the HMSO which force to write Monte Carlo with a Hyphen. There exists a Italian Commune graphiée Montecarlo; this commune is located in the Province of Lucques and the area Toscane in Italy; its inhabitants is the montecarlesi .
One pronounces “Monte Carlo” although some persist in saying “Assembled-Carl'”.
One does not use an other Gentilé only Monégasques for the inhabitants of Monte Carlo.
Monte Carlo is the most famous district of the Principality, at the point to be sometimes confused with the country whole, or considered - wrongly - as its capital. The automobile plates of the Principality are marked " MC " pointing out M onte C arlo whereas it is about an abbreviation of M ona' It O. Radio Monte Carlo (RMC) bears the name of the district and not that of the country. For the automobile races, there is hesitation: automobile Grand Prix of Monaco and Rally Monte Carlo.
The development of Monte Carlo involved the creation of true “a Banlieue” in French territory which became a common under the name of Beausoleil in 1904 and which one had initially thought of calling higher Monte Carlo.
HistoryIn 1856, the Prince of Monaco, to create resources, authorizes the opening of a casino. After a first unfruitful installation in the historical Monaco (Munegu Autu - Monaco Ville), in 1862, one raises in Monte Carlo, for the plays, a humble masonry (inaugurated in 1863) which remains isolated, null not wanting to buy in the neighborhoods a ground with obligation to build. But all will change when François Blanc, the director of the casino of Bad Homburg, Ville of water hessoise (located in the State of Hesse-Hombourg) becomes dealer. Thanks to its talents and with its capital, it succeeds where its predecessors were ruinés : in few years, the vogue is acquired and a town of luxury covers soon the plate of its constructions of luxury.
Current timeBecause of the exiguity of the territory, the construction of tower blocks multiplied since the years 1970, modifying the landscape of Monte Carlo considerably.
Places and Monuments
- Casino of Monte Carlo : surrounded by gardens, has a terrace from where the sight extends from Monaco to the point of Bordighera (Italy). The building includes/understands several bodies of building: with the west, the oldest side sea built in 1878 by Charles Garnier, architect of the Opera of Paris. Most recent to 1910 goes back, includes/understands the theater and the gaming rooms, decorated with hangings, paintings and of gildings Baroque S.
- the hotel of Paris and the hotel of the Hermitage constitutes them also monuments
- National museum of the Art schools
Sport, culture, media
- Masters of Monte Carlo, professional tennis tournament organized each year in April and cash classification ATP (is held with the " Country Club" , entirely in French territory),
- Great Ballet of Monte Carlo, New Ballet of Monte Carlo, Ballets of Monte Carlo,
- TMC Monte Carlo, television channel free-Monegasque,
- International festival of the Circus of Monte Carlo (is held in the capital of Fontvieille (other district of Monaco)),
- Festival of television of Monte Carlo,
- RMC Radio operator Monte Carlo (located today at Paris (France))
- Districts of Monaco
- Method of Monte Carlo
- Monte Carlo N-Particle transport
- the Ladybird in Monte Carlo
- Gate of the tourist offer of the Company of the Sea bathings (or SBM, operating company of the Casino of Monte Carlo).
- Monte Carlo birth of a myth.
- Article of Wikipédia of German language
|Random links:||Delivered Prométhée | Scroogle | Communes of Wilaya de Bordj-Bou-Arréridj | Valmondois | Winnie Shaw | Verveine_Tragica|