HistoryMontcenis was only one hamlet until 1781, date on which it was decided to begin construction there from the royal foundry, first iron-foundry of Europe to produce cast iron " with the coke" , according to an English technique. In 1785, it is decided to move the " Manufacture crystals and enamels of Reine" Marie-Antoinette, then located at Sevres, close to a production center of Coal. The buildings are built in 1786. It is the embryo of the city of Creusot: since 1787, the Council of State orders the transfer of the Manufacture of the Crystals of the Queen established in Sevres, close to Saint-Cloud, in Creusot, close to Montcenis, in Burgundy. Until the end of the 18th century, one will employ indifferently the names of Montcenis or Creusot to indicate the colliery and the Establishments of Creusot. Since, Montcenis remained a village with the periphery of the city of Creusot.
Places and monuments
- the site of the Old man-Castle is the culminating point of the village and the surroundings. One finds there a table of orientation as well as an antenna of radiocommunications.
Personalities related to the commune
- Louis-Marie Michon (1802-1866), president of the Company of Surgery (current Academy of Surgery), buried in the cemetery.
- Michel Rey, mayor of the commune since 1977.
- Common of Saône-et-Loire
- Montcenis on the site of the National Geographical Institute
- Montcenis on the site of INSEE
- Montcenis on the site of Quid
- Localization of Montcenis on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Montcenis on Mapquest
|Random links:||Jean-Marie Dufour | FutureSex/LoveSounds | Ullman norm | Abraham Whistler | Remi Sergio | Rose_O'Neill|