Administrative area (16) of the province of Quebec, on southern bank of the River the St. Lawrence, vis-a-vis Montreal and at the border of the the United States of America. Its name comes from the Collines montérégiennes, all located on its territory, except for the Royal Mont. The area is also crossed by several major rivers (of which the Richelieu, the river Yamaska as well as the river Acadie). It is made up of 14 regional municipalities of county (MRC) and 176 municipalities.
The area is at the same time urban (second in term of population) and agricultural. Its economy is strongly based on the Agriculture and the production of goods and services. The Tourisme occupies also an important market share.
- Population: : 1386963 (2006)
- Surface: : 11111 km
- Density: 124,8 hab. /km
- Birth rate: 10,8% (2006)
- Death rate: 6,4% (2006)
- Rate of French-speaking people: 87,5%
- Rate of english-speaking: 8,0%
- Average revenue by family: 55.458 $
GDP (2005) - $38,238,592.00 (2 of 17)
- GDP per capita (2005) - $27,877.40 (10 of 17)
Regional municipalities of county
- Acton, whose chief town is the town of Acton Vale.
- Beauharnois-Salaberry, whose chief town is the town of Beauharnois.
- Brominates-Missisquoi, whose chief town is the town of Cowansville.
- High-Yamaska the, whose chief town is the town of Granby.
- Lajemmerais, whose chief town is the municipality of Verchères.
- It Valley-of-Richelieu the, whose chief town is the town of Belœil.
- Bas-Richelieu, whose chief town is the town of Sorel-Tracy.
- Haut-Richelieu, whose chief town is the town of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
- the High-Saint-Laurent, whose chief town is the town of Huntingdon.
- Garden-of-Napierville, whose chief town is the village of Napierville.
- Maskoutains, whose chief town is the town of Saint-Hyacinthe.
- Roussillon, whose chief town is the town of Delson.
- Rouville, whose chief town is the town of Marieville.
- Vaudreuil-Soulanges, whose chief town is the town of Vaudreuil-Dorion.
Municipality except MRC
Autochtones municipalities except MRC
Principal municipalities by populationMain cities of Montérégie having a population higher than 40.000 inhabitants per Decreasing order .
regional Gate of Montérégie
|Random links:||Huawei Technologies | Trachon | Tom Berenger | Cochevis with short tail | Callum Blue | Olmito,_le_Texas|