Mijas is a commune of the south of the Andalusia located in the Province of Málaga (Spain), and in the back country of Torremolinos. The commune of Mijas includes/understands several localities: Mijas old city, Tired Lagunas and Fixed It .
The old city of Mijas is inside the grounds, hung on a slope of mountain and letting appear a bunch of bleached houses with lime. Its animated and abundantly flowered streets, its many trade and hotel establishments, as its garden marvelously neat make this city an haven of peace and of incomparable beauty.
The enclosing wall and watchtower “LED compass” are remainders of the old Moorish fortress.
The virgin of Péna , owner of the town of Mijas, being in a vault dug with very the rock is glorifiée every year in a roméria sumptuous, and honoured in the streets with the city, under the acclamations, the communal brass band, and a procession of young people and young girls in traditional costumes.
- the Arenas: built in 1900; they have the characteristic to be of oval form.
- caves of the old forging mill.
- the church of San Sébastian, built at the 17th century.
- the vault of the martyrdom.
- Parish church of the Immaculate Conception, built in 1541 on the ruins of the old mosque; the church preserves the tower Mudéjar modified and adapted in bell-tower.
- the museum of the wine.
- the museum of the miniatures “carromato of max”.
- Burros taxis.
|Random links:||Fender Starcaster | Bétera | Évreux Athletic Club | Muriel Rochat Rienth | Auguste Truphème | Semion_Chelyuskin|