Old mining city, it has engaged for more than 30 years in the reorganization and the embellishment of its districts, having the appearance of a pionnière on the territory. The City renovates and replaces the old residences, decompartmentalizes the cities and offers to each district privileged spaces of greenery, inventing thus little by little another face.
It is also an engaged city, where 182 associations are invested with the daily newspaper for better living together, coming to reinforce the cultural activity(AP)s and sporting impelled by the municipality.
Bruay-La-Buissière wishes to continue his metamorphosis, thanks to a complete rehabilitation of his three southern districts, now confronted with the problems of multifamily apartments, industrial waste lands, bulk-heading and insufficiency of public services. This headlight project should fall under the projects of the ANRU (National agency for the Urban renovation).
Places and monuments
Castle of Buissière: Keep; frontages and roofs of the commun runs (cad. B 243,242): inscription by decree of April 12th, 1965
Saint Martin's day Church: inscription by decree of July 21st, 2000
Town hall: 1997/05/12: registered voter MH partially
Stage-park and school of swimming: The whole of the stage-park with its fences and its grids including/understanding: the Roger-Salengro park, located street of Hulluch, with the kiosk (cad. AY 87); the stage with its monumental entries, including the frontages and roofs of the room of gymnastics as well as the platforms (cad. AY 44); the school of swimming (old denomination of the swimming pool in sport), located street Auguste-Charon, including/understanding the entry, the basins, the cabins and the platforms (cad. AY 41): inscription by decree of May 12th, 1997
Information resulting from: Mérimée, database of the Ministry for the culture
Personalities related to the commune
- Xavier Beauvois, Actor, Realizer and Scénariste, born the March 20th 1967
- Alain Wacheux (PS) was born the January 6th 1956 with Béthune. City council man of 1989 to 1999, it was elected first Maire once of Bruay-La-Buissière on December 31st, 1999 and was re-elected on March 11th, 2001. Temporary deputy of the 10th district of the Pas-de-Calais, President d' Artois Com. (the Community of Agglomeration of Béthune-Bruay) since January 7th, 2002, General adviser of the Canton of Houdain since March 21st, 2004, it chairs the Committee of supply of the General advice of the Pas-de-Calais.
- Common of the Pas-de-Calais
- Official site
- nonofficial Site
- agglomeration of Artois
- the Community of Bruaysis
- Bruay-la-Buissière on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Bruay-la-Buissière on the site of INSEE
- Bruay-la-Buissière on the site of Quid
- Localization of Bruay-la-Buissière on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Bruay-la-Buissière on Mapquest
|Random links:||Human relation | Arguello | Cankered (play) | Henry Chrouet | Big Bang (album)|