See also: Marie, Mame (homonymy)
Michele Alliot-Marie , called MAM , is a political Femme French born on September 10th, 1946 with Villeneuve-the-King in the the Valley-of-Marne. It is Minister of Interior Department, Outre-mer and the Territorial collectivities since May 18th, 2007.
Origins, studies and family
She attends the college of the Saint-James Madness to Neuilly-sur-Seine then continues her academic works with and science the Faculty of Law of Paris, the faculty of letters of Paris-Sorbonne and the university of Paris I. Graduate of higher learning of Private law of political sciences and history of the right, it is also docteure in right and docteure in political sciences. Holder of WRAPPED (Training certificate to the Occupation of Lawyer), of the Certificate of right and of economy of the countries of Africa and a control of Ethnologie, Michele Alliot-Marie is prize winner of and economic scene the Faculty of Law of Paris.
During its formation, it approaches its professor, Michel Alliot, which it marries in 1971. With him, she attends the academic world and ministerial. Assistant with the Faculty of Law and economic scenes then to the Université of Paris I, between 1970 and 1984, it is university lecturer in the Sorbonne since 1984 and directs a time UFR of political sciences, posts that it leaves for her elective functions. In 1972, it is called near Edgar Faure, Minister for the social Affairs, like technical adviser, function which it also occupies between 1974 and 1976, near Jean-Pierre Soisson, Secretary of State at the Universities. She is also named mission leader with the cabinets of the Minister for the Departments and Overseas territories, Bernard Stasi, of 1973-74, and the Secretary of State to Tourism in 1974. She becomes director of cabinet of Alice Salt maker-Seité, Secretary of State then Minister for the Universities, 1976 to 1978, working in the private sector, chairman of the company ATU-Allowance between 1979 and 1985. She exerts also the functions of lawyer.
Divorced Michel Alliot in 1984, it is the partner of Patrick Ollier, president of the National Assembly from March 7th to June 26th, 2007 and today, president of the Commission of the Economic affairs, the Environment and the Territory.
In 2006, whereas it is Ministre for Defense, it is classified like the 57e the most powerful woman in the world by the magazine Forbes . In 2007, it gains 46 places and retourve with 11th in the world, 2 in Europe and 1 in France.
Synthesis of the political offices
Within political parties
- 1981 : national secretary of the public office to the RPR.
- 1988 - 1990: national secretary of RPR, in charge of the studies and projects
- 1990: assistant general secretary in charge of the foreign affairs of the RPR.
- 1991 : member of the political office of the RPR.
- 1993 - 2002: member of the political office of RPR
- 1998 - 2002: vice-president of the group RPR with the National Assembly.
- 1998 - 1999: national secretary of RPR, in charge of the societies' problems, then elections
- 1999 - 2002: president of the RPR. In December 1999, almost with the general surprise, it is largely elected President of the RPR at the end of an internal campaign the opponent with Jean-Paul Delevoye, supported by the Elysium, and with Francois Fillon, Patrick Devedjian and Jean-François Cope, which made a " ticket". First French political woman to direct a political party to France, Michele Alliot-Marie incarnates within the UMP the social current, following the example President of the Constitutional council, Jean-Louis Debré. Heiress of the Gaullisme, it wants to promote a certain vision of France and action with the service of the French - vision which one finds through his movement, the Oak, that it founded in 2006 and which asserts a " Gaullism of Renouveau".
Local elective functions
- 1989 - 1991: municipal adviser of Biarritz (Yrénées-Atlantiques).
- 1995 municipal adviser of Saint-Jean-of-Luz
- 1995 - 2002: mayor of Saint-Jean-with-Luz (Yrénées-Atlantiques).
- since 2002: First associated with the mayor of Saint-Jean-of-Luz
- 1994: general adviser of the Yrénées-Atlantiques.
- 1994 - 2001: general adviser, vice-president of the general advice of the Yrénées-Atlantiques, canton of Saint-Jean-to-Luz
Parliamentary elective functions
; With the National Assembly
- March 1986 - June 1988: elected Appointed E of the 6th district of the Yrénées-Atlantiques
- June 1988 - March 1993: re-elected Appointed E of the 6th district of the Yrénées-Atlantiques. It then becomes Member of the Commission of the foreign affairs and, of 1991 to 1993, Member of the Commission of control of operation and becoming first university cycles.
- March 1993 - September 1995: re-elected Appointed E of the 6th district of the Yrénées-Atlantiques
- September 1995 - June 1997: re-elected Appointed E of the 6th district of the Yrénées-Atlantiques. Of 1995 with 1996, it is Member of the Commission of national defense and the armed forces
- June 1997 - June 2002: re-elected Appointed E of the 6th district of the Yrénées-Atlantiques.
- 1996 - 1997: Member of the Commission of the foreign affairs and member of the Parliamentary office of evaluation of the legislation
- 1997 - 2002: vice-president of the Parliamentary office of evaluation of the legislation and member of the Delegation of the National Assembly for the European Union
- June 2002 - June 2007: re-elected Appointed E of the 6th district of the Yrénées-Atlantiques
- June 2007 - in progress : re-elected Appointed E of the 6th district of the Yrénées-Atlantiques
; In the European Parliament
- March 1993 - May 1995: Minister for Youth and the Sports (Government Edouard Balladur).
- May 2002 - June 2002: Minister for Defense and the War veterans (Government Raffarin I).
- June 2002 - May 2007: Minister for Defense (governments Raffarin II and III and Government Dominique de Villepin).
- May 18th 2007 -: she is named Minister of Interior Department, Outre-mer and the Territorial collectivities in the Gouvernement Francois Fillon (1). Its first act of minister is to meet a brigade of the urban police force of proximity, then to take part in a patrol with the brigade anticriminality.
presidential Election of 2007
The April 6th 2006, during a displacement with Marseilles, it affirmed that it did not exclude anything and that it could decide beginning 2007 to stand as candidate to the presidential election. Several times questioned since, she reiterated her positions.
The October 7th 2006, an article in Parisian the announces that Michele Alliot-Marie will declare the following week her candidature for the Elysium. " MAM" demented person with Deauville, where it takes part in the World forum of the women; it indicates that it will announce its decision in January 2007 and that “nothing nor nobody will make modify this calendar”.
Moreover, Michele Alliot-Marie founded a baptized association the Oak (in reference to its last book the Oak which one raises ) which settled in its buildings with Paris at the end of October 2006, as MAM had announced. Chance of the real estate or wink, the Oak is installed with 88 rue de Lille, in the 7th district of Paris; with a few meters of the places which were, during decades, the seat of the Gaullistes Movements, until the RPR of which " MAM" was the last president. Internet site of the Oak , http://www.lechene.org, was open the October 31st, and Michele Alliot-Marie there animated a Cat on line the November 2nd and addresses each Wednesday to the Net surfers via a " message". Since February 1st 2006, the Oak is structured in the form of a political party.
The December 27th, Michele Alliot-Marie announces in an interview with the newspaper Southern West , which she will not ask " the logistical support and financier" UMP with the presidential election of 2007 but which it thinks of a candidature except party. With the assertion of the journalist who tells him " All leaves think that you will be candidate" , Michele Alliot-Marie answers: “It is true that I want to be candidate. I have a certain number of convictions and ideas that I want to carry in front of the French. ”
The January 12th 2007, MAM announces that it will give its support for the candidate of the UMP Nicolas Sarkozy which “took again the main part of the ideas and values” defended by it. Michele Alliot-Marie intends to incarnate a “gaullism of the revival”.
The January 14th 2007, at the time of the congress of nomination of the UMP, it makes a speech of support in favor of Nicolas Sarkozy.
The May 18th 2007, it is named Ministre for the Intérieur, the Outre-mer and the Territorial collectivities.
In April 2006, a polemic took place within the framework of the Affaire Clearstream 2. Indeed, one of the advisers, in charge with the information and special operations (CROSS-COUNTRY RACE) of the ministry for Defense, the general Philippe Rondot, was informed as of November 2003 of the circulation of an adulterated listing of Clearstream, implying top executives of the armament, senior officials and political personalities, such as the Sarkozy Minister. It was learned later that clean the " conjoint" Mrs Alliot-Marie Patrick Ollier, appointed UMP, would also have been quoted in the lists given to the Rondot general, according to journalistic sources.
At the time of its deposition in front of the judges the March 28th 2006, the Rondot general would have declared: “ As of May 2004, I felt that this business of listings was an assembly and I said it to my minister, Mrs. Alliot-Marie. I am unaware of if it took its telephone to inform Mr. Sarkozy then of it. If it did not do it, I regret it ”.
For its part, Michele Alliot-Marie affirms to have been informed only at the beginning of the summer 2004 by the press of the attempt at calling into question of " politiques" in the business (Article of the Not of July 2002). According to it, Philippe Rondot had not spoken to him about the political list and it had been held some with an investigation into industrialists and members of his ministry. Moreover, it specified, at the time of an intervention televised on France 2, which one had sought to aim in this business, from his personal political position, through his " conjoint" , Patrick Ollier.
more recently, in its declarations of the beginning of the summer 2006, the Rondot general confirmed the calendar evoked by Michele Alliot-Marie on the way in which itself was informed of the file.
In November 2006, Michele Alliot-Marie déclassifié " Secrecy défense" a certain number of elements useful for the good progress of Justice. In same time, she asked the Council of Ministers to authorize it to answer the invitation of the examining magistrates charg3e d' affaires, in order to be auditioned in the capacity as simple witness.
References : Clearstream Business: Michele Alliot-Marie known as to be aimed , Reuters, 2006
Decorations and distinctions; Decorations
- Commander of equatorial Star of Gabon.
- Commander of Star of Anjouan of the Comoros.
- Commander of the Merit of the State education of Coast-d´Ivoire.
- Order of the Republic of Egypt.
- masterly Palms of 1 class of Peru.
- Price of the political revelation of the year 1999.
- Minister for the year 2005 of the Rogue's gallery .
From its countryside at the time of the election to the presidency of the RPR, in 1999, it is called M.A.M for M ichèle has lliot- M arie. A short cut very usually used by the media or its close relations.
|Random links:||Myth of foundation | Serious Sam: Second Contact | Serb radical party | Beyond the laws | Euro-American relations|