Michael Löwy , born in 1938 with the Brazil, is a Anthropologue, Philosophe and Sociologue French, highly skilled Research director at CNRS. He teaches with the École of the high studies in social sciences (member of the Center of interdisciplinary studies of the religious facts). He wrote much on the political Philosophie and the intellectual Histoire.
Michael Löwy is a ecosocialist: it writes in 2001, with Joel Kovel, the “Proclamation ecosocialist”, at the origin of the “Proclamation international ecosocialist”. He is member of the Fourth International (KNOWN), whose Communist revolutionary league is the French section, and of the international academic Committee of “Cátedra Libre Ernesto Che Guevara” of the popular University of the Mères of the place of May. He is also member of the editorial board of the reviews Actuel Marx , ContreTemps , Écologie and Politique and lecturer with the International institute for Research and the Formation (IIRF).
the Thought of “Che” Guevara , translated in ten languages, is a work approaching the political, ethical and economic components of the thought of Che Guevara. The Encyclopædia Britannica describes it like “short but clear introduction to the thought of Ernesto Guevara”. Also Germanist, Löwy devoted a test “Theses on the concept of history” of Walter Benjamin” (whose Avertissement draws it from fire returns to a passage famous of One way of the same Benjamin) and written on the Austrian writer Franz Kafka.
the Thought of “Che” Guevara , Paris, Maspero, 1970, 2nd edition, Syllepse Editions, 1997,158 p.
- Marxism in Latin America. From 1909 to our days, Paris, the Discovery, 1980,445 p.
- Redemption and Utopia: Libertarian Judaism in Central Europe , Paris, PUF, 1988,256 p.
- the Theory of the revolution in the young person Marx , Paris, social Editions, 1997,253 p.
- Fatherlands or planet? Nationalisms and internationalism of Marx at our days, Page two, 1997,158 p.
- Landscapes of the truth , Anthropos Editions, 1999,226 p.
- Walter Benjamin: Warning of fire, a reading of the “Theses on the concept of history” , Paris, PUF, 2001,138 p.
- with Jean-Marie Harribey (to dir.), Capital against nature , Paris, PUF, 2003,217 p.
- Franz Kafka, unsubdued dreamer , Paris, Stock, 2004,166 p.
- with Robert Sayre, Revolt and melancholy. Romanticism with counter-current of modernity , Payot, 2005,306 p.
- Ecology and Socialisme (collective work), Syllepse Editions, 2005,155 p.
- with Gerald Bloncourt, Messengers of the storm: André Breton and the Revolution of January 1946 in Haiti , the Time of Cherries, 2007.
- with Olivier Besancenot, Che Guevara, an ember which still burns , Paris, Thousand and One Nights, 2007,260 p.
|Random links:||Gnucleus | Sciences of the Universe | Regiment of the Pole | Award Golden Globe: Better actor in a musical film or a comedy | Jean Baudoin (academician) | Alphonse Loubat | L'anglais_australien_du_sud|