Meylan is a common French, located in the department of the Isere and the area the Rhone-Alps. The commune, which is located at the east of Grenoble, belonged to the Communauté of agglomeration Grenoble the Alps Métropole. Its inhabitants is called Meylanais.
GeographyMeylan is a city of the Grenobloise agglomeration located in the valley of Grésivaudan. On the buttresses of the Massive of Chartreuse, dominated by the Eynard Saint, it faces the solid mass of Belledonne. The commune is crossed by the Isere. Its surface is of 1.232 hectares.
Meylan is Chef-lieu Canton of Meylan.
In addition, Meylan is member of the Communauté of agglomeration Grenoble the Alps Métropole.
- Inovallée, Ground of innovation (ex ZIRST, Zone for the Innovation and Achievements Scientific and Technical), technopolis of the valley of the Grésivaudan extending until Montbonnot-Saint-Martin. Only technopolis in the world managed by an association of heads of undertaking.
Twinning between these three cities and Meylan is maintained by an association law 1901, the Joint committee of Meylan created on March 19th, 1985.
See: Joint committee of Meylan
AiguinardsThe district Aiguinards - Revirée - Flowered Plain is located in the low part of the City.
It was quickly urbanized. The first cultural equipment of Meylan was produced there: the Hexagon, a swimming pool, a gymnasium…
BuclosBuclos means " historically; the enclosure of the bœufs".
close to the cemetery
Large-preIt is the district beside the district of the buclos. They have the schools connected by the director District unrbanized as from the years 1970, there is the administrative center (Town hall, Poste, Police company,…) and of the trade. The faculty of pharmacy is in this district
It is about the district highest of Meylan. It is delimited by bottom by the trunk road 90 and the top by the stone drains of Saint-Eynard. Two old districts there are found: the district of Meylan itself (where one finds the old town hall and the public library) and the district of Bâtie (on the level of the Saint-Victor church). These are actually two old villages which formed Meylan while gathering with two other villages of low Meylan.
Island of LoveThe Island of love is an arboricolous park located on banks of Isere. The shaded lawns can shelter there the picnickers, the walkers of the pause of midday, the followers of the bicycle, the race on foot or quite simply of the dawdling.
EducationOne finds in Meylan:
- 6 nursery schools: Béalières, Buclos, Large-Pre, Haut-Meylan, Maupertuis and Semi-Plain.
- 6 elementary schools: Béalières, Buclos, Large-Pre, Haut-Meylan, Maupertuis and Semi-Plain.
- 2 colleges: The college Lionel Terray and the college of Buclos.
- 1 college: the College of Grésivaudan (LGM), built in 1987.
- Meylan Bando-kickboxing
- Harmony of Meylan
- Official site of the commune
|Random links:||243 | Paul Reubens | Education in Antiquity | Puycelci | Baillet-in-France | Naimette-Xhovémont|