Mets of New York
- Championship of world Series (World Series): 1969, 1986.
- Champion of the National league : 1969, 1973, 1986, 2000.
- Titles of division : 1969, 1973, 1986, 1988, 2006
- Better second : 1999, 2000
HistoryIn 1957, the town of New York loses two of its three franknesses from National league, the Brooklyn Dodgers and the New York Giants, trnaférées respectively with Los Angeles and San Francisco. In question, the absence of solution to offer new stages to these two teams which evolved/moved then in installations unworthy of their row, but also the gold bridges proposed by the Californian ones to attract these franknesses, including/understanding modern installations. As of this moment, William Shea, a New Yorkean lawyer, is elected by the mayor of New York to assemble a project intended to bring back a frankness from National league in her city. After having tried to repurchase the Reds of Cincinnati, the Phillies of Philadelphia and the Pirate of Pittsburgh, Shea decided to create its own league, the Continental one, intended to compete with the two existing major Leagues, the Main road and the American one. Vis-a-vis this project threatening their hegemony, the two major Leagues finally decided to accept an expansion of four teams to the existing championships, two for the American League (Angels of California and Senators of Washington) and two for the National league. New York was ensured of one of these two last places, and the frankness from the New York Mets was created in 1962, playing its first match on April 11th. The project of continental League was logically abandoned.
The name of Mets (abbreviation of " Metropolitans") was selected in memory of a famous club of New Yorkean baseball of the years 1880, Metropolitan Baseball Club off New York. Activate of 1880 to 1887, this team was called the " Mets".
The first years of the new frankness were rather catastrophic from a sporting point of view. Established since 1964 with the Shea Stadium, in the Queens, the Mets were characterized especially by many and spectacular defeats at the time of their seasons of training of baseball to the more high level. The first dramatic turn of events of the history of the Mets was however not made wait very a long time, since their first victory in world Series hardly took place 7 years after the creation of the club, in 1969. It is of this time that date the famous expression " Amazing Mets" (" Fabulous Mets") who wanted to underline the incredible exploit of this young team. Seventeen years later, in 1986, the world title very returned second once in the Queens at the end of a world Series of high-quality. Since then, the Mets joined the soft belly of the National league, before remaking surface since 2000. The transfers and the dynamic policy of the current leaders led the frankness to gain the title in its division this year (2006), but the club finally lost its semi-final vis-a-vis Cardinals of Saint-Louis at the time of the seventh match, depriving its supporters of a place finally of World Series, twenty years after the last title.
List of wounded (at July 15th, 2007) the
Jorge Sosa, launcher
- Juan Padilla, launcher
- Duaner Sánchez, launcher
- Braces Alou, external field
- Endy Chávez, external field
- Carlos Gómez, external field
Mets with the Hall off FamedOnly Tom Seaver, launcher of 1967-1977 then in 1983, was introduced with the Hall off Famed as Mets.
Other players members of the Hall off Famed having briefly evolved/moved at the Mets:
- Richie Ashburn, external field, 1962
- Yogi Berra, receiver, 1965, manager, 1972-1975
- Gary Casing, receiver, 1985-1989
- Willie Mays, external field, 1972-1973
- Eddie Murray, first baseman, 1992-1993
- Nolan Ryan, launcher, 1966,1968-1971
- Duke Snider, external field, 1963
- Warren Spahn, launcher, 1965
- Casey Stengel, manager, 1962-1965
- 14. Gil Hodges, 1B 1962-63, manager 1968-71
- 37. Casey Stengel, manager 1962-65
- 41. Tom Seaver, P 1966-77, 1983
- 42. Jackie Robinson withdrawn by MLB
Affiliations in minor leagues
- AAA: New Orleans Zephyrs, Pacific Coast League
- AA: Binghamton Mets, Eastern League
- Advanced a: St Lucie Mets, Florida State League
- a: Savannah Sand Gnats, South Atlantic League
- Shorts a: Brooklyn Cyclones, New York-PEN League
- Rookie: Kingsport Mets, Appalachian League
- Rookie: GCL Mets, GULF Coast League
- Rookie: VSL Mets Tronconero (B), Venezuelan Summer League
- Rookie: Santo Domingo Mets, Dominican Summer League
- official site of the New York Mets
- the New York Mets on '' Baseball-Reference.com ''
- players of the Mets of yesterday and today
|Random links:||Contrabando | Robin DR-400 | The Old Man and the Sea | New York Blues | Dungun | Equip Bouygues Telecom cyclist - Season 2005 | Kate_Carnell|