Its inhabitants are Mesnilois (be).
This village-street preserved old houses around the Notre-Dame church, flanked of an imposing tower Clocher.
The name of the Mesnil-Aubry comes from bottom Latin mansionile , small village or small house (Mill) and of the anthroponyme Albéric.
The territory of common preserve of the traces of occupation as of the Gallic period. A village, possession of the Saint-Martin-of-Fields abbey, is attested at the 13th century. Field of the Crown at the 16th century, the seigniory is yielded to the constable Anne de Montmorency in 1554 which will leave a deep print there. At the 19th century, the village saw primarily cereal culture.
AdministrationMesnil-Aubry belongs to the jurisdiction of authority of Écouen, and great authority as well as trade of Pontoise.
Monuments and places of visitthe church of the Nativity-of-the-Virgin was built in two work campaigns: a first phase in 1531, typical of the first Rebirth and still influenced by the Gothic style blazing, then one second phase of 1554 with 1582, financed by the constable Anne de Montmorency. This second countryside is allotted to the architect Nicolas de Saint-Michel: the Nave and the Side southern covers of Vault S with Inter-tie S and Tierceron S, the chorus is arched out of star. The Clocher is presented in the form of a typical gross massive square tower of the second Rebirth, high on the left of the gate, flanked buttresses and crowned of a later balustrade. The Abside with 5 sides is equipped with high windows in semicircular arch. The unit mixes with the elements of the blazing Gothic and the first Rebirth.
Inside, the lierne vaults, are particularly beautiful with their cross veins. Certain notable of the village, priests and farmers, were buried there, as show it, on the ground and against the walls, several tombstones dating from at the 18th century. The building contains a very beautiful Vierge hones some nursing the child of the end of the 14th century, a engraved tombstone gone back to 1422 and a churchwarden's pew of the 17th century. A series of stained glasses of the 16th century represent Cène, the constable of Montmorency and his sons, its owner Sainte Anne and his wife Madeleine of Savoy, surrounded by his/her seven daughters.
Mesnil-Aubry is the smallest commune of France to have a priest in residence which ballade not of village in village. He is only the priest of Mesnil-Aubry.
Notes, sources and references
|Random links:||Wapiti | Jean-Louis Destouches | Vratna | INEGI | Theophilus Chollet | Victor_L._Berger|