Mercedes-Benz Classifies SSL
The Classe SSL is a Coupé/sporting Cabriolet of German origin , developed by the manufacturer Mercedes-Benz. It becomes, in 2001, a Coupé convertible. The denomination comes from Sport Leicht (light sport).
Born in 1952 with legendary the 300 SSL, Class SSL was quickly illustrated in competition by gaining the Panamerica race. Various successes which were followed from there manifestly took part in the prestige which characterizes this model. __TOC
R107 (1971-1989)Mercedes-Benz SSL Pagoda, presented in the Sixties and drawn with brilliance by Paul Bracq, then with work in the offices of design of Stuttgart, still had a zest sportivity. With its six in line of 2,8 liters, the 280 SSL posted performances and almost sporting behavior and posted especially a remarkable compromise between comfort and the sport. Truth Great Tourism, which made even more regret for us French the disappearance of Facel-Vega. In 1971, Mercedes-Benz reveals replacing it of its animal of image: the standard SSL R107. Finished the roof Pagoda, but the SSL always has its hardtop, true trademark of the SSL. But more still than the car in itself, the standard SSL R107 symbolizes for a whole generation an image of the success to American. All the most famous characters, true stereotypes of the American success, post themselves in films or the series TV at the wheel of a standard SSL R107: Bobby Ewing in Dallas, Richard Gere in American Gigolo, Jonathan Binder in the Love of the Risk, and even Eddy Murphy, in the first opus of the Cop of Beverly Hills. A genuine star on four wheels, which Mercedes-Benz asserts fully.
the 350SL between 1971 and 1980
- the 450SL between 1973 and 1980
- the 280SL between 1974 and 1980
- the 380SL between 1980 and 1986
- the 500SL between 1980 and 1989
- the 300SL between 1986 and 1989
- the 420SL between 1986 and 1989
- the 560SL between 1986 and 1989
R129 (1989-2001)In the Mercedes range, the SSL represent a little the result and the know-how of a a whole mark. In German, " SL" mean Sport Leger literally. However the time and the requirements so much of the safety than of the customers evolved/moved and the spirit of the first SSL W194 series of 1952 is well far. After the sumptuous Pagoda generation drawn with brilliance by Paul Bracq, the standard generation R 107 appeared in 1971, all the same produced with 236.000 specimens until 1988, did not bring large thing of nine. Then, Bruno Sacco, the person in charge of the design at Mercedes-Benz, and his team, with talented engineers are leaning on the cradle of the new SSL series R 129. Only one objective: the best…
An English mechanic proposed upgrader the old version in news by modifying the body, the headlights and the interior for approximately 15.000 €
Within the Mercedes-Benz range, Class SSL is, today, a roadster near to the Classe S (W220) as well by its technical services as by its tariff.
One of the projecting features of this model, and which was it already on the preceding generation, is expressed in the embarked technological contents. Let us note, in particular, the system Sensotronic Brake Control SBC ensuring an electronic management of the brakes.
The SSL 350 had a V6 engine posting a nominal nominal output of 245 ch (box sequentronic 6 speeds) and enabling him to carry out the 0 to 100 km/h in 7,2 seconds. The other engines available were them (provision, power, 0 to 100 km/h):
- SSL 500: V8 5.0l, 306 ch, 6.3 dryness (2002)
- SSL 600: V12 6.0l biturbo, 500ch, 4.7 dryness (2003)
- SSL 55 AMG: V8 5.5l compressed, 476ch (2002) then 500ch, 4.7 dryness (2004). It is it should be noted that a version 030 , more known under name pack performance , offered better dynamic qualities and was deprived of electronic support.
- SSL 65 AMG: V12 6.0l biturbo, 612 ch, 4.2 dryness (2004). This model makes it possible at Mercedes to offer the roadster series most powerful ever conceived. It acts, in addition, of the first version of the engine of the SLR.
Class SSL underwent a restylage in 2006. In addition to some esthetic modifications, the powers were increased. The engines concerned are:
- SSL 350 (limps car 7 reports/ratios): 272ch (+27), 6.6 dryness (- 0.6). This block is resulting from the Classe SLK which inaugurated it.
- SSL 500: 388 ch, (+82), 5.4 dryness (- 0.9)
- SSL 600: 517 ch (+17), 4.5 dryness (- 0.2)
- SSL 55 AMG: 517 ch (+17), 4.5 dryness (- 0.2)
All the models, except those of the pack performance , are limited életroniquement to 250km/h. No diesel engine is not marketed and the transmission is done only by automatic box 5 or 7 reports/ratios. Paradoxically, those with 7 reports/ratios, 7G-Tronic semiséquentielle and autoadaptative, only equip, and for the moment, the SSL 350 and 500. This is explained by the fact that the couple, too important on the other models, is supported only by the box with 5 reports/ratios, baptized Speedshift at the wheel at AMG. The prices spread out, in 2007, of 89.600€ (SSL 350,19 horsepowers) with 226.600€ (SSL 65 AMG, 56 horsepowers).
|Random links:||DJ Krush | Dragon will zakura | The Community of common South 04 | Malcolm Arthur Smith | Federation of Paraná of football | Anges_de_Mons|