Mendoza is a province of Argentine located at the west of the country with a surface of: 148827 km ² and a population of: 1667000 inhabitants. It is bordering on the province of San Juan in north, of San Luis in the east, the Pampa and Neuquén in the south and of the Chile in the west, the province is thus an Andean province . With the provinces of San Juan and San Luis, the province of Mendoza belongs to the area of Cuyo.
The most important rivers are the Río Desaguadero, the Río Mendoza, the Río Tunuyán, the Río Diamante and the Río Atuel. They are used for the irrigation and the generation of energy, thanks to many stoppings. The economic activities of the province concentrate around these rivers.
EconomyThe main activity is the vine growing. The primary sector based on the irrigation has a strong tradition in this province. Like the towns of Florence, Bordeaux, Bilbao-Rioja, Oporto and Melbourne, Mendoza was selected recently by the GWC ( Great Wine Capitals Global Network ) like one of the principal world areas as regards production of wines.
- Mines: one extracts from the basement mendocinien of the Pétrole which constitutes 14% of the national reserves. There are also Natural gas, economically extremely profitable, lime and Uranium.
- Industries: one transforms there especially the raw materials. There are a great quantity of cellars with wine, canning facilities, oil refineries, Ciment eries, etc the largest company of the area is IMPSA (Industria Metalurgica Pescarmona SA). IMPSA works in the whole world and produces mainly equipment for hydroelectric stoppings (turbines, generators and electronic systems), of the cranes of ports for the unloading of the cargo liners, the hydrocarbon tanks and recently of the wind mills.
- Tourism: this station was transformed since the years 1990 into one of the largest sources of revenue of the province. The international attractions most important are the Aconcagua and ski of Las Leñas centers it. Moreover there is a great quantity of tourist tours which have a national and regional attractivity.
See also: Vine growing in Argentina
TourismThe province of Mendoza has many attractions. In the southern area of the province we find San Rafael and its lakes surrounded by mountains, Malargüe with the cave of Mow Brujas and the valley of Las Leñas.
In north are the town of Mendoza with its very beautiful park. For the amateurs, there are in the periphery of the city a great number of discotheques, and this for all the ages and all the tastes.
The province constitutes a major tourist option as well for the inhabitants of the country as for the foreign citizens, this thanks to the sumptuousness and with the size of its landscapes of mountain. There is moreover one great number of possibilities of placing itself, since the student residences to the de luxe hotels 5 stars with casino, while passing by the hotels, the residences and other residences of all types and all comforts.
So that the area is preferred like tourist destination by a growing number of people of various origins in the world. The most famous destination is Cerro Aconcagua, where the Andean alpinism is practiced, and in more the Rafting, and all kinds of sports of mountain. There are also many camp-sites to profit from inexpensive holidays to the fresh air.
At the beginning of March, each year are held the national festival of the grape harvest (the vendimia) where one proceeds to the election of the National Queen, who ends in dazzling fireworks. In February there is in each department of the province, the election of the departmental candidates under “Reina Nacional”. All this with important spectacles and festivities on each occasion.
Moreover, a little everywhere are held annually various folk festivals including/understanding of the recitals of known musical interpreters, the typical meals and the sale of various regional products. One can quote:
- the Fiesta Provincial del Turismo (provincial festival of tourism) with San Rafael in October
- the Fiesta Nacional of Tonada ( national festival of the song ) to Tunuyán
- In the locality of General Alvear takes place the Fiesta Nacional of Ganadería de Zonas Áridas ( national festival of the breeding in arid regions ), a glance on the lifestyle of the gauchos of the area.
Principal tourist destinations
Destinations and distances from the town of Mendoza:
provincial Park Aconcagua and peak Aconcagua (Tired Heras) < 200 km >
- the provincial reserve of the Lagunilla Llancanelo (paradise of the birds) < 350 km >
- the provincial Reserve Payunia (chain of volcanos) with the Payún Matrú < 400 km >
- Reserve Set with diamonds Laguna LED with the Volcano Maipo (San Carlos) < 200 km >
- Cañon of the Río Atuel (San Rafael) < 300 km >
- Cerro Nevado (San Rafael) < 410 km >
- Camino Al Cristo Redentor (Trunk road A006 or Way of Christ Redeemer) (Luján de Cuyo) < 210 km >
- Bridge of the INCA (Tired Heras) < 196 km >
- winter Center Los Penitent (Tired Heras) < 189 km >
- winter Center Vallecitos (Lujan de Cuyo) < 80 km >
- Tired Leñas (Malargüe) < 421 km >
- Stopping and Lake Los Reyunos (San Rafael) < 255 km >
- Stopping and Lake El Nihuil (San Rafael) < 305 km >
- El Sosneado (San Rafael) < 350 km >
- Stopping and lake of Agua del Toro and the Set with diamonds volcano (San Rafael) < 220 km >
- Valle Large (San Rafael) < 267 km >
- General Alvear (General Alvear) < 320 km >
- Volcano Tupungato
- Volcano Peteroa (Malargüe) < 590 km >
- Volcano San Jose
Administrative divisionThe province is divided into 18 departments, which in Mendoza (with the difference of the majority of the Argentinas provinces) equivalent with municipalities.
See: List of the departments of the province of Mendoza
For the long distances, the town of Mendoza is with 14:00 of Buenos Aires and 6:00 of Santiago of Chile. The town of San Rafael is with 12:00 of Buenos Aires and 8:00 of Santiago of Chile. Mendoza has an airport: the International airport of Mendoza Francisco Gabrielli or airport El Plumerillo.
The town of San Rafael in also has one. With a plane of coastal traffic one needs 1:30 to arrive at Buenos Aires and hardly an hour for Santiago of Chile. The town of Malargüe has also an airport and, at the time of the holidays, there are flights charters filled tourists, who attend it regularly.
- Diaporama of the province
Beats-smg: Menduosas provincėjė Simple: Mendoza Province
|Random links:||List sources relating to the presocratic philosophers | Tank RAM | Rhynchites | Economy of the Dominican Republic | French highway A502 | Systèmes_d'ImClone|