Its inhabitants is called Audervillais.
Auderville is the commune of the Cape of La Hague. Very tourist, it is known for the port of Goury, which shelters the station of the SNSM and its boat all times “Mona Rigolet”, and for the Phare of La Hague which draws up on the rock “Large Strong current” to 800 m of the coast. It marks out the current of the “Raz Blanchard” and the passage of the Rout between the Cape of La Hague and the island of Aurigny. A gun pointed towards the south formerly made it possible the semaphore to alert the crew of the lifeboat.
The territory communal testifies, by many remainders of fortifications, important presence of the German soldiers during the Second world war.
GeographyAuderville is dispersed around a borough (the Street), and of 4 hamlets: Goury, Bush hammer, Valetta and the Rock
- on October 31st, 1823, the steamer Paris , coming from New York and bound for the Harbor, is failed on the rocks of the Camelards . All the population precipitate to save momentary and crews. Among them, was Jean Lefebvre de Cheverus, bishop of Boston, returning to France to be appointed bishop of Montauban. Of fragile health, a sailor took it on the shoulders and brought it to the presbytery. It made the honor with the parishioners chair the mass of All Saints' day, the following day.
- In 1903, Branly mounts the first mast TSF near the semaphore, but must dismount it in the absence of military authorization.
- on June 8th, 1912, the submarine Vendémiaire (Pluviose model) runs by 50 meters basic with its 24 men of crew to broad of Goury. Left for a simulation underwater attack, it is éperonné by the ship Saint-Louis whereas it carried out an increase, and its wreck is carried by the Raz Blanchard. A cross at the end of the port commemorates this tragic event.
- In 2006 at summer turned in the village documentary the Paul in his life on the life of a peasant to old, Paul Bedel and récompendé of a FIPA of money.
Places and monuments
- Headlight of Goury
- Station of rescue of SNSM, since 1870.
Personalities related to the commune
Paul Bedel, born in 1930, farmer " with the ancienne" at the village of the Rock, hero of film of Remi Mauger Paul in his life (2004).
- Didier Decoin
- Common of the English Channel
- Auderville on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Auderville on the site of INSEE
- Auderville on the site of Quid
- Localization of Auderville on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Auderville on Mapquest
|Random links:||Zizur Mayor-Zizur Nagusia | Robots of the paddle | Visiatome | Zoot Follows Riots | The blue Source | Mel_Brooks|