Media Player Classic
See also: MPC
Media Player Classic is a Multimedia player which functions under Windows.
Created in 2003, Gabest is always the principal maintenor. He takes again an interface similar to Windows Media Player 6.4 of Microsoft. He rests on DirectX and the filters DirectShow installed, also he presents triple favors to be much lighter, to offer more richnesses, and to be nonintrusive. He reads various formats and he remains at the same time:
- an audio reader (WAV, WMA, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, RealAudio…) ;
- a video player (MPEG, AVI - and thus Xvid, DivX - Ogg Media, Matroska, QuickTime, RealVideo…) ;
- a reader DVD, with made excellent;
- it can also post images (JPEG, BMP…) ;
- and makes it possible to make video capture (starting from a chart of acquisition).
It also gives you the possibility of adapting made audio to the number of loudspeakers which you have, to read the files in room or remote, of directly reading CD engraved in mode2, choosing the color, the size and the police force of the subtitles, redimensionner very freely size of the image, to accelerate or slow down the reading rate, to always leave the reader to the foreground, to create lists of reading, and bookmarks of favorites, and probably, in the future, more still.
Often classified among the 10 most active projects on SourceForge, Media Player Classic became one of the essential software under Windows, able of almost all to read (since it is enough for him to a DirectShow filter able to support the format to be able to read it).
Here some pages where to find such filters and codecs:
Ffdshow (for reading Xvid, DivX, etc)
- Codecs Real (for reading files .rm, will.ra, .rpm, .rt, etc) (See Real Alternative)
- Codecs QuickTime (files .mov and .qt) (Voir QuickTime Lite)
- Filtre Ogg DirectShow Filter (files .ogg and .ogm)
- Filtre MPC DirectShow Filter (files Musepack: .mp+ and .mpc)
LicenseThis software is placed under the public License general GNU. The player is integrated into a succession of utilities free multimedias whose whole of the source codes is available under the soft name of Guliverkli.
Violation of licenseApril 23rd, 2005, Gabest announces on its forum a violation of license LPG. Indeed, he states to have discovered two software re-using of the code resulting from the project Guliverkli. One of them is free but closed source, the other is a commercial software. Discouraged, it does not know too much how to act against the parts in infringement.
|Random links:||Ferengi | … And Oceans | Azerbaijan-e-gharbi (of the west) | William John Bowser | Imprisonment in France | Glossaire_de_la_géométrie_Riemannian_et_métrique|