The May 9th is the 129e Jour of the Année (130e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1087 : Transport of the relics of Saint Nicolas of Myre (Anatolia) with Bari (in Pouilles).
1671 - Thomas Blood, disguised in a member of the Clergy, tries to steal the Crown jewels British of the Tour of London. It is immediately taken because too much drunk to flee with its spoils. Condemned to death, he mysteriously is forgiven and exiled by Charles II of England.
1754 : Benjamin Franklin publishes a Caricature regarded as the first published with the the United States. Entitled Join gold Die ( Unite or will die ), it shows a snake cut in several pieces, each one representing an American State.
- 1769 : The Corsican freedom fighters are demolished by the French Army with Laying-Novo (Haute-Corse, in France). It is the end of a 40 year old war which put at the catches the Corsican people, carried out by Pascal Paoli, with the République of Genoa then the Royaume of France.
- 1789 : With Madrid (Spain), alternate of Antonio Romero, Spanish Matador.
1950 : Declaration Schuman on Europe, proposing the pool coal steel (ECSC): “Europe will be done by concrete achievements, creating a solidarity in fact initially. ”
1980 : A cargo liner hangs in the middle of a storm part of the apron of the bridge Sunshine Skyway, with Saint Petersburg in Florida, projecting with the sea a coach, three cars and a van. The accident makes about thirty victims.
1989 : The Park Big Bang Schtroumpf opens its doors with Maizières-The-Metz close to Metz in the north of the France in Lorraine. It is then the first Parc with topic French. Following its bankruptcy, it will be resold with Walibi in 1991 and famous Walibi Schtroumpf. Thereafter, in 2003, the Schtroumpfs disappear from the Park and the Park becomes Walibi Lorraine which will be him even resold and reopens in 2007 under the name of Walygator Parc
1994 : Election with a vast majority of Nelson Mandela, which at 75 years passed more than a third of its life in the prisons of apartheid, like chair South Africa by the first multiracial assembly of the history of the country.
- 2002 : With alternate Nimes (France, Department of Gard), of César Jiménez, Spanish Matador .
- 1147 : Minamoto No Yoritomo, Japanese shogun († 1199)
- 1439: Pope Pius III († 1503)
- 1723: Pehr Osbeck, Swedish naturalist († December 23rd 1805)
- 1741: Giovanni Paisiello, Italian type-setter († 1816)
- 1860: J. Mr. Barrie, Scottish author († 1937)
- 1874: Howard Casing, archeologist and British Egyptologist († March 2nd, 1939)
- 1888: Francesco Baracca, Italian ace of aviation of the First World War. († June 19th 1918).
- 1909 : Lew Christensen, dancer, choreographer and American ballet master († October 9th 1984)
- 1923: Claude Piéplu, actor French († May 24th, 2006)
- 1924: Jean Girault, realizer and scenario writer French († July 24th 1982)
- 1928: Pancho González, player of American Tennis († 1995)
- 1931: Vance DeVoe Brand, American astronaut
- 1937: Jose Rafael Moneo, Spanish architect
- 1939: Ralph Boston, American athlete
- 1939: Pierre Desproges, French humorist († April 18th, 1988)
- 1949: Billy Joel, American singer
- 1952: Dick Annegarn, French-speaking Dutch singer
- 1953: Beatrice Schönberg, journalist Frenchwoman, presenter of the Tv news of 20:00 on France 2
- 1958: Denis Robert, journalist of investigation French
- Daniel NR. Sebban, author French and Canadian cartoons.
- Ivan Ivanov, former Russian racing cyclist , born with Urmary (Russia).
- 1962 : Dave Gahan (David Gahan, known as " Dave"), British singer and frontman , member of the group Depeche Mode.
- 1968 : Marie-Jose Perec, French athlete
- 1970: Ghostface Killah, American rappor
- 1972: Megumi Odaka, actress and Japanese artist
- 1978: Leandro Damián Cufré, Argentinian football player
- 1979: Pierre Herdsman, singer of the group québequois Simple plan
- 480: Julius Nepos, heir to imperial dignity in Occident.
- 1271 : Warcisław II, duke of Gdańsk.
- 1315 : Hugues V of Burgundy, duke of Burgundy of 1306 with 1315, titular king of Thessalonique of 1306 with 1313. (° 1294).
- 1630 : Theodore Clutched of Aubigné, writer French (° February 8th 1552)
- 1707: Dietrich Buxtehude, German type-setter
- 1805: Friedrich Schiller, poet and German playwright
- 1850: Louis Joseph Gay-Lussac, physicist and Chemist French (° December 6th 1778)
- 1880: George Brown, Canadian politician (° November 29th 1818).
- 1903 : Paul Gauguin, French painter (° June 7th 1848)
- 1915: Death with the face of the Luxembourg racing cyclist François Faber, first foreign winner of the Tour de France.
- 1949 : Louis II of Monaco (° July 12th 1870).
- 1968 :
- Marion Lorne, American actress (° August 12th 1883).
- Luigi Corbellini, Italian painter (° August 11th 1901)
- 1976: Ulrike Meinhof, cofondatrice of the Bande in Baader is found died (committed suicide) in its cell with Stuttgart
- 1978: The body of Aldo Moro is found sifted balls in a car parked in a street of Rome, 55 days after removal by the red Brigades of the president of the Christian Democrat.
- 1978 : Georges Maciunas, artist founder of the movement Fluxus
- 1986: Tenzing Norgay, mountaineer Nepal board
- 1997: Marco Ferreri, Italian realizer
- 2001: Marie Cardinal, écrivaine French
- European Union: Day of Europe celebrating the Declaration Schuman
- Guernesey: Day of the Release (1945)
- Jersey: Day of the Release (1945)
- Russia: Day of the Release (1945)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Translation of the relics of saint Nicolas de Myre in Bari (1087).
- Isaïe the Prophet
- Holy Géronce
- Pacôme, Large the
- Tudy de Loctudy, 6th century
- Holy Bie, 3rd century
- Holy Denys of Vienna, 4th century
- Christophe d' Antioche, martyr with Antioche, 3rd century
- Holy Ironwood, bishop of Uzès died in 581
- Holy Joseph C-quang Hien, died in 1840
- Holy Macaire Albergati, monk in Ghent, died in 1012
- Saint Nicolas of Vounaine, martyr of the 10th century
- Happy Caroline Gerardhinger, died in 1879
- Happy Thomas Pickering, martyr in 1665
Beats-smg: Gegožė 9 Be-X-old: 9 траўня Fiu-vro: 9. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 9 meie Simple: May 9 Zh-yue: 5 月 9 號
|Random links:||Tolima | Dâsas | Gornji Banjani | TVB Pearl | Carl Frederick Kauffeld|