The May 8th is the 128e Jour of the Année (129e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
590 : The holy pope Gregoire Large the announces the end of the Peste which devastates Rome: the mausoleum of Hadrian becomes Château Saint-Angel.
- 795 : The emperor Constantin VI victorious of Islamic troops with Anousan.
- 1360 : Signature of the Treated of Brétigny between the France and the England.
- 1370 : The cardinal Jean de Dormans, old bishop of Beauvais, founds the Collège known as of Beauvais , in the university of Paris.
- 1429 : The seat of Orleans is raised by the English. They yield vis-a-vis the French army ordered by Jeanne d' Arc
- 1492: Publication with Naples (Italy), by Josué Solomon Soncino and Joseph Ibn Piso of the first edition of the Mishna supplements, including/understanding the comment of Moïse Maïmonide and its introduction on the development of the oral law.
- 1541 : The explorer Hernando de Soto discovers the the Mississippi.
- 1738 : Sale of the Viscount of Turenne (19), tax shelter, in Louis XV.
- 1769 : Battle of Big shot Novu, the Corsicans are beaten by the troops of Louis XV
- 1788: Attempt at reform of Lamoignon. The rights of the Parliament are reduced by the institution of a plenary court entitled to record the ordinances and to present to the king the remonstrances.
- 1794 : Execution of the 28 farmer general with Paris, of which Antoine Lavoisier.
- 1886 : The pharmacist and American chemist John Styth Pemberton of Atlanta, in Georgia, invents the most famous fizzy drink of all times, the Coca-Cola.
- 1898 : Creation of the League of the Human rights.
- 1913 : Reception of the king d' Espagne, Alphonse XIII, by Raymond Poincaré with the Castle of Fontainebleau.
- 1945 :
- the marshal Keitel sign the unconditional surrender of the Germany, the Second world war ends in Europe.
- Demonstrations in Sétif (Algeria) to celebrate the capitulation. These demonstrations led to hard repressed riots. It 110 had died there European and between 10.000 and 45.000 dead Algerian.
- 1949 : Proclamation of the the Federal Republic of Germany.
- 1953 : May 8th becomes Bank holiday in France.
- 1954 : Creation of the Asian Confederation of football.
- 1978 : Jacques Mesrine escapes in company of another prisoner from the Prison from Health to Paris.
- 1981 : May 8th becomes again bank holiday and been unemployed in France.
- 1984 : The the USSR announces that it will not take part in the Olympic Games of Los Angeles.
- 1986 : Four feastdays mark, with Atlanta, the centenary of the development of the formula of the Coca-Cola
- 1988: In France, François Mitterrand gains the presidential election, with 54% of the voices compared with 46% for Jacques Chirac.
- 1996 :
- the South Africa obtains a new Constitution which guarantees the equal rights and completes the passage of the old mode of apartheid to a liberal democracy.
- the Paris-Saint-Germain gains the cut of Europe.
- 1698 : Henry Baker, British Naturalist († May 8th 1774)
- 1753: Miguel Hidalgo there Costilla, father of the independence of the Mexico to Guanajuato.
- 1828 : Henry Dunant, humanistic Switzerland, founder of the the Red Cross († 1910)
- 1848: Jose Sánchez del Campo says “Cara Ancha”, Spanish Matador († 1925)
- 1814: Michel Bakounine, anarchistic philosopher Russian († July 1st 1876).
- 1871 : Louis Madelin, French historian and academician († August 18th 1956)
- 1884: Harry Truman, 33e president of the the United States († with Independence, Missouri on December 26th 1972)
- 1895: Jose Gómez Ortega known as “Joselito” or “Gallito”, Spanish Matador († May 16th 1920)
- 1898: Henri Adeline, Brigadier general and resistant French. († April 30th 1971).
- 1899 : Friedrich August von Hayek, economist of the Austrian School († March 23rd 1992)
- 1903: Fernandel, French actor († February 26th 1971)
- 1906: Roberto Rossellini, Italian realizer († 1977)
- 1911: Robert Johnson, American musician († August 16th 1938)
- 1930: Fruit-bearing Edgar, music lover, actor Québécois
- 1938: Moebius (Jean Giraud), French draftsman
- 1945: Keith Jarrett, pianist and American type-setter
- 1947: Katia Tchenko, French actress.
- 1948 : Maurizio Nichetti, Actor, Realizer and Scenario writer Italy N.
- 1952 : Charles Camarda, American astronaut
- 1953: Isabelle Alonso, chroniqueuse and militant Frenchwoman of Spanish origin
- 1957: Marie Myriam, French singer
- 1964: Melissa Gilbert, American actress
- 1969: Fabrice Tiozzo, French boxer
- 1975: Enrique Iglesias, Spanish singer, born in Madrid
- 2003: Moulay Hassan, wire of the princess Lalla Salma and king Mohammed VI (Morocco)
- 535 : The Pope Jean II
- 1672: Mr. de Tréville, Lieutenant Capitaine of the company of the Musketeer S
- 1774: Henry Baker, British Naturalist .
- 1788 : Giovanni Antonio Scopoli, entomologist Italy N of Austrian origin (° 1723).
- 1794 : Antoine Lavoisier, French chemist, carried out.
- 1828 : Dixon Denham, British officer (° January 1st 1786)
- 1842: Jules Dumont d' Urville, exploring French
- 1873: John Stuart Mill, philosopher and British economist
- 1880: Gustave Flaubert, writer French
- 1919: Véra Zassoulitch, revolutionary Russian
- 1952: William Fox, producing American of cinema, founder of the Fox Corp Film. (° January 1st 1879)
- 1975: Avery Brundage, philanthropist and American collector, president of the International Olympic committee of 1952 with 1972
- 1988: Robert A. Heinlein, American author of science fiction
- 1990: Luigi Nono, Italian type-setter
- 1993: Avram Davidson, American author of science fiction
- 1994: George Peppard, American actor (° 1928)
- 1996: Shine Miguel González Lucas known as “Luis Miguel Dominguín”, Matador (° November 9th 1926)
- 1997: Paul Préboist, French actor (° 1927)
- Hubert Maga, president of the Benign (° August 10th 1916)
- Andre Fortin, Composer-songwriter Interpreter Québécois (° November 17th 1962)
- 2004: William Joseph Knight, astronaut of USAF (° November 18th 1929)
- Commemoration of the capitulation of the German army on May 8th 1945, bank holiday in France. The tradition wants that the President of the French Republic deposits a sheaf under the Triumphal arch of the Star, on the Tombe of the Unknown soldier at the time of these celebrations.
johannic Festivals with Orleans.
- Desired, Desired
- Tunvez, Dunvel, Dunvelig, Tunvel
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Desired of Bourges (+ 550), bishop.
- Hellade of Auxerre (+ 387), bishop.
- Ida de Nivelles
- Jean the Theologist (+ 117), apostle and evangelist (date in the East).
- Michel (archangel) Miracle of the victory of Sipontains (Gargan mount) and appearance in 590 on the Mausoleum of Hadrian (Castle Saint-Angel) in Rome.
- Wiron of Flandres (7th century), Irish bishop recluse close to Roermund.
Beats-smg: Gegožė 8 Be-X-old: 8 траўня Fiu-vro: 8. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 8 meie Simple: May 8 Zh-yue: 5 月 8 號
|Random links:||Presidents of the French National Assembly and comparable rooms | Sea of Oman | FotometrÃa (astronomÃa) | Phillies of Philadelphia | Jean d' Arcet | Joseph Hennequin|