The May 6th is the 126e Jour of the Année (127e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1210 : Set fire to Cathédrale Carolingien of Rheims, which one showed the archbishop Albéric of Humbert (or Aubry of Humbert ), who would have found this only means to rebuild in more beautiful and especially in more imposing.
1211 : The archbishop of Rheims Albéric of Humbert (or Aubry of Humbert ) poses the first stone of the news cathedral of Rheims (the current building), launching the building site - entrusted to Jean d' Orbais - new building intended to replace the Cathédrale Carolingien destroyed by a fire the previous year.
- the appointed of the Tiers meet in the room of the States, while the clergy and the nobility decide to check their respective capacities separately.
- Brissot publishes the first number of the “ Patriote French ”. A stop of the Council of State prohibits the publication of any species of newspapers without authorization express.
1851 : Patent for a “machine to cool mechanical” granted to the doctor John Forrie.
- 1397 : Sejong Large the, king of the dynasty Korea Chosŏn († 1450)
- 1501: Marcel II ( Marcello Cervini ), 222e Pope of the Catholic church. († April 30th 1555, after 21 days of pontificate).
- 1574 : Innocent Pope X († 1655)
- 1584: Diego de Saavedra Fajardo, writer, statesman and Spanish diplomat of the Century of gold. († August 24th 1648).
- 1638 : Henry Capell, First Baron, First British Lord of Admiral († 1696)
- 1713: Charles Batteux, French writer, academician, philosophizes († July 14th 1780)
- 1742: Jean Senebier, priest and Swiss botanist († 1809)
- 1758: Maximilien de Robespierre, lawyer and Politician French († 1794)
- 1758: Andre Masséna, marshal of French Empire († 1817)
- 1759: François Andrieux, French politician, writer and academician († May 10th 1833)
- 1769: Ferdinand III, Large Duke of Tuscany († 1824)
- 1797: Joseph Brackett, American religious leader and type-setter († 1882)
- 1815: Eugene Labiche, French playwright († 1888)
- 1843: Grove Karl Gilbert, geologist states-unien († 1918)
- 1851: Aristide Bruant, French chansonnier († February 11th 1925)
- 1856: Sigmund Freud, doctor and Austrian psychoanalyst († September 23rd 1939)
- 1856: Robert Peary, exploring American († 1920)
- 1861: Rabindranath Tagore, Indian author († 1941)
- 1861: Motilal Nehru, Combatant for freedom Indian († 1931)
- 1868: Tsar Nicolas II of Russia († 1918)
- 1868: Gaston Leroux, journalist and writer French († 1927)
- 1895: Rudolph Valentino, American actor († 1926)
- 1902: max Ophüls, realizer, scenario writer and German producer († 1957)
- 1907: Yasushi Inoue, Japanese writer († 1991)
- 1911: Guy of the Bus, French novelist († 1993)
- 1913: Stewart Granger, British actor naturalized American († 1993)
- 1915: Orson Welles, actor, realizer, scenario writer and American producer († 1985)
- 1915: Achilles Zavatta, French clown († November 16th 1993)
- 1928: Robert Poujade, French politician
- 1935: Uri Dan, journalist, writer and Israeli realizer . († December 24th 2006).
- 1941 : Ghena Dimitrova, Bulgarian soprano. († June 11th, 2005 in Milan)
- 1946: Alain Bocquet, French politician
- 1948: Philippe Brenot, psychiatrist and anthropologist French
- 1949: David C. Leestma, American astronaut
- 1953: Tony Blair, British politician
- 1954: Marie-Aude Murail, French writer
- 1955: Donald A. Thomas, American astronaut
- 1960: Anne Parillaud, French actress
- 1961: George Clooney, actor, realizer, scenario writer and American producer
- 1963: Alessandra Ferri, Italian principal dancer
- 1969: Emmanuel Larcenet, author of Cartoon
- 1326 : Bernard, duke of Świdnica.
- 1527 : the Constable Charles III of Bourbon, at the time of the Bag of Rome.
- 1598 : Philippe II of Spain (° 1527).
- 1638 : Cornelius Jansen, Dutch theologist, archbishop of Ypres, founder of the Jansénisme. (° the October 28th 1585).
- 1708 : François de Montmorency Laval. He was the first bishop of Quebec and News-France in 1674. Jean-Paul II béatifié it on June 22nd, 1980.
- 1862 : Henry David Thoreau, writer states-unien
- George Robert Gray, zoologist and British writer (° 1808).
- Johann Nepomuk Reithoffer, Austrian industrialist , which manufactured in 1811 the first products in rubber. (° April 13rd 1781).
- 1892 : Ernest Guiraud, type-setter and professor of French music (° June 23rd 1837)
- 1897: Alfred Of Cloizeaux, mineralogist French
- 1952: Maria Montessori (81 years), doctor and Italian, creative pedagog of the “Houses of the Children” (° August 31st 1870).
- 1963 : Theodore von Kármán, Hungarian physicist († May 11th 1881)
- 1969: Gift Drummond, type-setter jamaicain
- 1971: Alice Tissot, French actress (° January 1st 1895)
- 1991: Wilfrid Hyde-White, British actor
- 1992: Marlène Dietrich, German actress of cinema .
- 1993 : Ass Todd, British actress (not to confuse with the American actress Anne Todd)
- 1995: Maria Pia of Saxony-Coburg-Gotha-Braganca, duchess of Bragança.
- 2002 : Pim Fortuyn, Politicien Dutch is assassinated with Hilversum.
- 2004 : Barney Kessel, Guitarist of American Jazz
- 2005: Claude Julien, journalist, former editor association of the diplomatic World (° May 17th 1925)
- 2006: The surviving last American Lillian Gertrud Asplund of the Titanic dies. She had 6 years at the time of the facts (° October 21st 1906)
Bulgaria: Day of the Value and the Army known under the name of day Holy Georges
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Job the Juste, prophet
- Holy Prudence
- Holy Jean
Beats-smg: Gegožė 6 Be-X-old: 6 траўня Fiu-vro: 6. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 6 meie Simple: May 6 Zh-yue: 5 月 6 號
|Random links:||Roland Omnès | Merbah government | Mandrillus leucophaeus | Tusson (river) | Emmanuel Debray|