The May 5th is the 125e Jour of the Année (126e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
877 : Dedication of the Collegial Sainte-Marie (become Saint-Crow abbey), built by Charles the Bald person, grandson of Charlemagne to Compiegne, of which he wanted to make the capital of the Western Empire.
1705 : Vienna: Born in 1640, Léopold succeeds Ferdinand III in 1657. Whereas, for its predecessors, the great business was the fight against the Protestantisme and for the maintenance of the imperial authority in Germany, the Turkish wars and the administration of the Austrian provinces are in the center of the concerns of Léopold. It wishes to transform its possessions habsbourgeoises into a modern State, reinforcing the institutions of the central capacity, reorganizing the army and finances. If the fight against the Turks is crowned success and leads to the annexation of the Hungary, of the Transylvania and Banat, Léopold is less happy in the West and must be resigned to see the France taking a determining share in the German businesses. This day , it does not have any more this problem .
- Opening by Gustav V, king of Sweden, the Ve Olympic Games with Stockholm. 2547 sportsmen (including 57 women), resulting from 28 nations will clash in 13 sports and 112 tests. It is the first Olympic edition of the Games where the five continents are represented.
- Union of the Soviet socialist republics: First number of the newspaper Bolshevik the Pravda .
1936 : The Italy NS occupy Addis-Abeba, the capital of the Abyssinie (Ethiopia). Haïlé Sélassié takes refuge with Djibouti and will leave in exile to London the June 28th. The king Victor-Emmanuel III of Italy is proclaimed the May 9th emperor of Ethiopia.
1955 : The FRG makes its entry within NATO.
- Léonid Brejnev becomes the president of the Præsidium Supreme Soviet (Head of the State). 53 years, it succeeds the marshal Kliment Vorochilov.
- Nikita Khrouchtchev, general secretary of PCUS, announces that an American spy plane, controlled by Francis Gary Powers, was cut down above the Soviet territory. American is accused of aggression by flying over the territory of the Soviet Union.
1964 : The Israéliens announce the arrival in the Negev desert of water collected in the Lac of Tibériade, a project undertaken in spite of the protests of the Arab .
- the crash landing with Palermo of a Douglas DC-8 of the company Alitalia makes 115 dead among the passengers and team members.
- Sortie in France the film Everyone it is beautiful, everyone it is nice of and with Jean Yanne.
- Sortie in France the film We will not age together of Maurice Pialat with Jean Yanne.
- Between the two turns of the presidential election French the operation “Victor” which puts an end to the taking of hostage of gendarmes on the island of Ouvéa in New Caledonia balances by the death of 19 freedom fighters and two soldiers.
- the 3 French hostages of the Lebanon Paperboard, Fountain and Kaufmann are finally released.
- a system which makes it possible to type the Hiéroglyphes on Ordinateur is developed by Egyptologist S.
- First ministerial meeting on the German unification within the framework of the Conference known as " 2+4" , joining together the two German States and the four winners of the Second world war.
- Felix Houphouët-Boigny, president of Ivory Coast accepts the introduction of the Multipartisme after thirty years of reign on the country. 14 political parties are legalized.
- Konstantínos Karamanlís becomes president of the Hellenic third Republic.
1992 : Corsica: The collapse of a platform of the stage Furiani to Bastia makes 18 dead and more than 2.200 wounded a few minutes before the kickoff of the semi-final of the Coupe de France of football Bastia - Marseilles.
- Amnesty International reveals that hundreds of people (adverse with the mode) were carried out, that their bodies were thrown to the sea during the presidential elections of the Togo of 1998.
- the ex-prefect Bernard Bonnet is put in examination and écroué in the Affaire of the straw huts " At Francis ".
- After three ballots, the lawyer Ahmet Necdet Sezer is elected president of the Turkey by the deputies.
- a Violon Stradivarius is allocated for 1,2 million dollars is 8,85 million FF to New York.
- Ken Livingstone, known as " Ken the red " representative of the pure and hard socialist left and intimate enemy of Tony Blair, becomes the first mayor of London.
- France: A Commando of shadies attacks against an armor-plated van with Nanterre wounding three conveyers.
2001 : the Olympique Lyonese gains the Coupe of the League to the Stade de France, by beating finally the ACE Monaco 2-1 thanks to goals of Claudio Caçapa (35 ') and Patrick Müller (118 ') after prolongation.
- 2002 :
- France: Jacques Chirac gains a crushing victory (82,21%) over Jean-Marie Le Pen with the second turn of a presidential election, which was transformed into a Plébiscite for the Republic and against the extreme line.
- Maurice " Mom" To stop, chief of the Hells Angels Québécois is recognized guilty murder of two prison warders and is condemned to a custodial sentence with life with 25 years minimum recommended sentence.
- Bruno Peyron and its crew buckles the whole of the world (28 035 miles) to the veil, as a crew in 64 days, 8 hours, 37 minutes and 24 seconds. They pulverize the record of the Trophée Jules-Verne 7 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes and 44 seconds.
2003 : The attribution of the management of the three principal airports Iraq iens is an american company. The Skylink Air and Logical Support will initially receive 2,5 million dollars for the management of the airports of Baghdad, Al Basra and Mosul. This management will be done with American personnel.
- 1219 : Alphonse III of Portugal, king of Portugal. († February 16th 1279)
- 1716: Louis Jean-Marie Daubenton, French naturalist († January 1st 1800)
- 1800: Louis Hatchet, French editor. († July 31st 1864)
- 1813: Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher. († November 11th 1855)
- 1818: Karl Marx, philosopher, theorist, economist and German politician († 1883)
- 1819: Stanislaw Moniuszko, type-setter and theater director Polish († June 4th 1872)
- 1826: Eugenie de Montijo, empress of the French († 1920)
- 1830: John Batterson Stetson, American and creative manufacturer of the hats which bear its name. († February 18th 1906)
- 1833: Ferdinand von Richthofen, geographer and German geologist
- 1846: Henryk Sienkiewicz, Polish novelist, Nobel Prize of literature in 1905. († November 15th 1916).
- 1865 : George-Albert Aurier, writer, Critic art French poet and . († October 5th 1892).
- 1869 : Hans Pfitzner, German type-setter († 1949)
- 1889: Jack Pierce, American make-up man
- 1897: Malla (Agustín García Díaz), Spanish Matador († July 4th 1920).
- 1905 : Floyd Gottfredson, author of cartoon, father of Mickey Mouse († July 22nd 1986)
- 1906: Charles Exbrayat, French writer († 1989)
- 1908: Jacques Massu, general French, great figure of the free France and ordering the 10th division parachutist during the Battle of Algiers in 1957 († 2002)
- 1911: Gilles Grangier, realizer and scenario writer French († 1996)
- 1913: Tyrone Power, American actor († 1958)
- 1928: Jacques Doctor, French politician († 1998)
- 1930: Michael James Adams, astronaut of USAF († November 15th 1967)
- 1931: Michel Greg (Michel Régnier), draftsman, scenario writer, editor association and literary director of cartoons Belgian († 1999)
- 1934: Henri Konan Bédié, president of the Ivory Coast of 1993 with 1999.
- 1935 : Bernard Pivot, French journalist
- 1938: Jerzy Skolimowski, realizer, actor, poet, scenario writer and painter Polish
- 1941: Alexandre Ragulin, Russian hockeyor , triple Olympic champion (1964, 1968, 1972) († November 17th 2004)
- 1943: Michael Palin, actor, scenario writer and producing British, member of the troop of the Monty Python
- 1944: Jean-Pierre Léaud, French actor
- 1960: Douglas H. Wheelock, American astronaut
- 1964: Jean-François Cope, politician French member of the Union for a popular movement (UMP)
- 1965: Fei Junlong, taïkonaute Chinese
- 1975: Cédric Tiberghien, French pianist.
- 1977 : Virginia Efira, TV host and Belgian actress, born on May 5th 1977 with Brussels.
- 1981 : Craig David, British musician .
- 1983 : Serafín Marín, Spanish Matador .
- 200 : Sun This, warlike Chinese. (° towards 175)
- 1194: Casimir II the Juste, duke of Poland. (° towards 1138)
- 1789: Giuseppe Baretti, 70 years, writer, scholar, Playwright, Polemist, Critical arts person, Lexicographer and translator Italy N. (° April 24th 1719).
- 1802 : Antonio Romero, Spanish Matador . (° September 18th 1763)
- 1809: Berek Joselewicz, soldier Polish. (° September 17th 1764)
- 1821: Napoleon i, Emperor of the French, in exile in the island of Grey waxbill. (° August 15th 1769)
- 1897: Theodore Bent, British archeologist. (° March 30th 1852)
- 1966: Chit Phumisak inhabitant of Thailand author. (° September 25th 1930)
- 1981: Bobby Sands, republican Irish, member of the WILL GO. (° March 9th 1954)
- 1982: , German novelist. (° February 6th 1905)
- 1992: Jean-Claude Pascal, Actor and Singer French. (° October 24th 1927)
- 1993: Michael Gordon, American realizer. (° September 6th 1909)
- 1995: Mikhaïl Botvinnik, Russian player of failures. (° August 17th 1911)
- 2000: Gino Bartali, Italian racing cyclist of 1935 with 1954. (° July 18th 1914)
- 2001: Boozoo Chavis, Singer and Type-setter of American Zydeco . (° October 23rd 1930)
- 2002: Hugo Banzer, general and preserving politician Bolivia N. (° May 10th 1921)
- 2004: Clement " Coxsone" Dodd, producer of Jamaican Reggae , creator of the Studio One. (° January 26th 1932)
- Japan: Kodomo No Hi (Day of the children)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Hilaire of Arles, bishop of Arles († 449)
Catholic saints of the day
- Angel of Jerusalem († 1225).
- Judith, Bénédictine in Disibodenberg († 1260)
catholic Holy external Bonds:
- May 5th in sport
- May 5th in the railroads
Beats-smg: Gegožė 5 Be-X-old: 5 траўня Fiu-vro: 5. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 5 meie Simple: May 5 Zh-yue: 5 月 5 號
|Random links:||Tranquillo Barnetta | Extension (software) | Charles-Joseph-Eugene Ruch | Paint Box | Assessment season per season of the ACE Lorraine Nancy|