The May 4th is the 124e Jour of the Année (125e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
1097 : Godefroy de Bouillon, Tancrède de Hauteville, Robert of Flanders and Hugues de Vermandois leave Nicomédie and move on Nicée (current İznik ), capital of the sultanate seldjoukide of Roum, primary goal military of the crusaders, at the time of the First crusade.
- 1471 : in England, War of the Two-Pinks, Battle of Tewkesbury which sees the victory of York over the Lancaster.
- 1810 : The island of Margarita adopts the call to the independence of the Venezuela launched the previous month by the Province of Caracas.
- 1814 : Napoleon arrives at the isle of Elba to begin its exile.
- 1886 : Events of Haymarket Public garden. During the first days of May, a general strike was launched to Chicago by workers who asked for one day's work of eight hours. A demonstration of strikers on the Haymarket place is violently repressed by the local police. Eight anarchistic organizers are stopped and accused. Five of those were condemned to died for, supposedly, to have encouraged militants to launch a bomb on policemen during the riot. Four, of the latter, were hung publicly and the last removed the life before the execution. The riot of Haymarket historically is recognized as being the symbol of the May First and the fight of the workers for their emancipation.
1904 : Resumption of the construction of the Panama Canal by the American .
- 1907 : Foundation of the National union of the students of France to Lille
- 1919: The Mouvement of May 4th bursts in Beijing in China.
- 1945 :
- Release of the completely empty Concentration camp of Neuengamme by the British army .
- Rendering of the armies of Germany of North near the marshal Bernard Montgomery.
- 1949 : Tragedy of Superga, 31 football players of the Torina Calcio die following a crash landing of plane.
- 1972 : Election of Rene de Castries ( the duke of Castries ) (1908-1986) with the French Academy
- 1979: Margaret Thatcher is the first woman with becoming Prime Minister with the the United Kingdom
- 1988: Release of the three French hostages removed with the Lebanon, Marcel Carton, Marcel Fountain and Jean-Paul Kauffmann
- 1989: Jean-Marie Tjibaou, president of FLNKS, is assassinated in the island of Ouvéa in New Caledonia.
2002 : The Olympique Lyonese is champion of France of football for the first time of its history.
- 2006 :
1008 : Henri Ier, king de France
- 1469: Nicolas Machiavel, political adviser and Italian writer
- 1652: Kangxi 康熙 (name of reign) or Xuányè 玄晔 (personal name), Chinese Emperor of the Dynasty Qing, which had the longest reign of the history of China, of 1661 with 1722. († December 22nd 1722)
- 1655: Bartolomeo Cristofori, manufacturer of the first Piano
- 1821: Pafnouti Tchebychev, Russian mathematician († November 26th 1894)
- 1822: Charles-Eugene Butcher of Boucherville, Prime Minister for Quebec
- 1907: Maxence Van Der Meersch, French writer
- 1927: Jacques Lanzmann, French writer
- 1928: Hosni Mubarak, president of Egypt
- Sidney Mr. Lamb, linguist states-unien
- Audrey Hepburn, American actress deceased the January 20th 1993
- 1936: El Cordobés (Manual Benítez Pérez), Spanish Matador .
- 1944 : Dave, popular Dutch singer in France
- 1951: Gerard Jugnot, actor and realizer French
- 1952: Jean-Pierre Debarbat, saxophonist of jazz and type-setter French
- 1954: Pia Zadora, American singer
- 1956: Michael L. Gernhardt, American astronaut
- 1964: Rocco Siffredi, Italian Actor
- 1972: Mike Dirnt, bass player of the group Green Day
- 1979: Pauline Croze, French singer
- 1981: Alexandr Kolobnev, Russian racing cyclist born with Vyska (to the Danish formation CSC belongs).
- 1982 : Dewarick Spencer, player of American tennis shoe.
- 1566 : Luca Ghini, Italian botanist (° 1490)
- 1569: François d' Andelot, war leader huguenot
- 1713: Stefano Maria Legnani, known as Legnanino, painter Italy N (° April 16th 1661)
- 1858: Aime Bonpland, botanist and explorer French (° August 22nd 1773)
- 1916: Hector-Irenee Sevin, archbishop of Lyon (° March 22nd 1852)
- 1938: Jigoro Kano, founder of the Kodokan Judo. (° October 28th 1860)
- 1976: Henri Bosco, French writer (° November 16th 1888)
- 1978: Henri Curiel, Egyptian Communist militant, assassinated (° September 13rd 1914)
- 1980: Tito (Marshal) president of the socialist Federal republic of Yugoslavia (° May 7th 1892)
- 1989: Jean-Marie Tjibaou, French politician, independence leader kanak (° 1936)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Holy Florian
- Holy Sylvain
Beats-smg: Gegožė 4 Be-X-old: 4 траўня Fiu-vro: 4. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 4 meie Simple: May 4 Zh-yue: 5 月 4 號
|Random links:||Interzone (group) | Lucien Cadène | Kovačeva Bara | Sociologists without borders | Irmgaal|