The May 3rd is the 123e Jour of the Année (124e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
1324 : First contest of poetry organized by a founded institution the previous year with Toulouse, the College of the merry science , which will become at the 16th century the Compagnie of the floral Plays , then in 1694, after its reform by Louis XIV, the Académie of the floral Plays.
- 1491 : Baptism of the Manicongo (king of the Congo) Nzinga Nkouvou and of its court. Fore-mentioned king then Joao and becomes Joao Ier Nzinga Nkouvou.
- 1645 : Beginning of the Head office of Brno
- 1791: promulgation of a constitution in Poland.
- 1800 : Victoire of Claude Jacques Lecourbe with the battles of Stockach. Victoire of Moreau to the Battle of Engen.
- 1815 : official birth of the free City of Cracow.
- 1859 : The France declares the war with the Empire Austro-Hungarian.
- 1886 : Burden with the workmen of Mc Cormick, factory of Chicago; police repression makes two dead.
1936 : Victoire of the Popular front to the legislative Frenchwomen
- 1945: Shipwrecks of the Cape Garded, of the Thielbek and the Deutschland run by RAF in bay of Lübeck, in the Baltic.
- 1950 : Proclamation of the equality of the sexes in China.
- 1957 : Creation of the foundation Anne Frank.
- 1975 : The Nimitz, the largest man-of-war in the world, is brought into service at Norfolk, in Virginia.
- 1976 : Put in liquidation of the factory of clock industry Lip at Besancon
- 1979: Margaret Thatcher becomes the 1ère woman Prime Minister in England.
- 1984 : Julio Iglesias will receive more than 100 million dollars of the firm Coca-Cola to make its publicity during 3 years on a world level.
- 1982 : During the War Iran-Iraq, a plane of the Algerian government with 14 people on board whose one Ministre is cut down by hunting Iraq uienne.
- 1985 : Paris and London agrees for the construction of a Channel tunnel.
- 1987 : With Paris, the French singer Dalida gives herself death to her residence of the street of Orchamps.
- 1995 : The group of humor Québécois Rock'n'roll and Belles Ears separates.
2006 : Crash landing of the flight Armavia 967 at sea Black.
- 2006 : a seism of 8,1 degrees on the open scales of Richter to the Tonga
- 1469 : Nicolas Machiavel, politician, writer and philosopher Italy N († 1527)
- 1713: Alexis Claude Clairaut, French mathematician († May 17th 1765)
- 1741: Pierre-Paul Botta, French brigadier general († 1795)
- 1764: Johann Wilhelm Meigen, German entomologist († 1845)
- 1809: Laurent-Guillaume de Koninck, paleontologist and Belgian chemist († 1887)
- 1826: Charles XV of Sweden, king of Sweden and Norway († 1872)
- 1849: Bernhard von Bülow politician and German chancellor († October 28th 1929)
- 1860: Vito Volterra, Mathematician and Italian Physicist . († October 11th 1940).
- 1874 : François Coty, French, manufacturer of perfume († 1934)
- 1881: François Albert-Bush, magistrate, economist, politician, historian and academician French († 1961)
- 1898: Golda Meir, Prime Minister of Israel (1969-1974) († 1978)
- 1901: Gino Cervi, actor Italy N (Peppone in the Gift Camillo)
- 1902: Alfred Kastler, French physicist († 1984)
- 1916: Pierre Emmanuel, poet of Christian inspiration and academician French († 1984)
- 1920: John Lewis, pianist of American jazz
- 1921: Walker Smith Jr, known as Sugar Ray Robinson, Boxing ur American († 1989)
- 1928: Julien Guiomar, French actor
- 1933: James Brown, († December 25th 2006) American singer, one of the creators of the music drunk person ( I Got You )
- 1934: Georges Moustaki, interprets ( the wog - There was a garden )
- 1949: Albert Sacco, Jr., American astronaut
- 1951: Jan Krzysztof Bielecki, politician Polish
- 1955: Jean Lassalle, a Political man French
- 1970: Marie-Sun Tougas, Québécois Actress († 1997)
- 1982: Stéphanie Pasterkamp, French actress.
- 1481: Mehmet II the Conqueror, Othoman emperor
- 1707: Michel de Swaen, poet and Flemish playwright
- 1758: Pope Benoit XIV. Clément XIII succeeds
- 1932 to him: Charles Strong Hoy, American writer and researcher paranormal (° August 9th 1874)
- 1953: Raoul Dufy, French painter
- 1961: Maurice Merleau-Ponty, French philosopher
- 1971: Alexandre Vialatte, French writer
- 1987: Dalida, singer of Egyptian origin, commits suicide
- 1991: Jerzy Kosiński, American writer of Polish origin (° June 18th 1933)
- 1993: Robert De Niro, painter states-unien and father of the actor
- 1997: Narciso Yepes Spanish guitarist
- 2003: German Willard, French historian (° January 1st 1921)
- 2006: Karel Call, Dutch painter
- 2007 :
- international Day of freedom of the press.
- Japan: Kempô Kinen Bi (Commemoration of the constitution).
- Poland: Day of the Constitution (1791).
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Holy Philippe
- Holy Jacques
- “ When it rains on May 3rd, not of nut to the walnut tree ”
- “ When it rains in the saint-Philippe, not need for barrel nor of baric ”
- “ In May, it would be necessary that it never rained ”
Beats-smg: Gegožė 3 Be-X-old: 3 траўня Fiu-vro: 3. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 3 meie Simple: May 3 Zh-yue: 5 月 3 號
|Random links:||Two-seater Parapente | Andre Thevet | Neuville-Saint-Rémy | Giller price | List prefects of the Pas-de-Calais|