The May 31st is the 151e Jour of the Année (152e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1793 : The Girondins are reversed by the Montagnards.
- 1794 ( 12 meadow year II ): Execution of Eugenie Lochtenbergh, widow of Mr. of the Forging mill, mother of four children, condemned to died by the revolutionary Tribunal of Arras, to be itself shown treacherous with the fatherland by preserving letters.
- 1795 : Suppression of the revolutionary Tribunal.
- 1850 : France: the Parliament vote an electoral law which abolishes the Vote for all male by imposing a three year old residence for the voters. Reference
- 1859: Big Ben gives the hour to London (the United Kingdom).
- 1868 : It is with the Parc of Saint-Cloud to Paris that the first race of Vélo takes place.
1902 : The war which opposed the Britanniques to the States boers of the Transvaal and of Orange (Southern Africa) is completed with the signature of the Traité of Vereeniging (Transvaal). This document recognizes the annexation with the British Empire of the free Orange State and Transvaal.
- 1910 : Independence of the South Africa.
- 1916 : The Battle of Jutland, to broad of the Denmark, opposes 37 British ships to 21 German ships .
- 1945 : reception of Louis de Broglie (prince then duke of Broglie) (1892-1987) with the French Academy. The speech of welcome was made by his/her brother and fellow-member academician, the duke Maurice de Broglie, which had never arrived in three centuries of receptions under the Cupola.
- 1961 : the South Africa becomes a République.
- 1970 : A Seism of a magnitude 7,7 key the North of the Peru and causes the death of 66 000 people.
- 1991 :
- 2003 :
- annular Eclipse of visible sun in the north-eastern quarter of the France.
- Last commercial flight of the Harmony under the colors of Air France.
- 2005 :
- the identity of the adviser deep Gorge in the Scandale of Watergate is revealed. It was W. Mark Felt, which was at the time assistant editor of FBI.
- In France, Dominique de Villepin is appointed Prime Minister.
- 2006 :
- Installation of the law prohibiting the use of the tobacco in the public places at the Quebec and in Ontario.
- funerals of Edouard Michelin gathers 10.000 people with Clermont-Ferrand.
- 2007 :
- 1819 : Walt Whitman, Humanistic Poet and American, († 1892).
- 1857 : Ambrogio Damiano Achilles Ratti, future pope Black and white XI († February 10th 1939)
- 1865: István Chernel, ornithologist Hungarian († 1922).
- 1872 : Charles Greeley Abbot, Astrophysicist, American Astronomer, († 1973).
- 1887 : Persian Saint-John, Diplomatic Poet and French, († 1975).
- 1908 : Gift Ameche, American Actor, († 1993).
- 1911 : Maurice Went, economist and physicist French
- 1917: Jean Rouch, Scenario writer French, († February 18th 2004)
- 1919: Maurice Delauney, ambassador and French Politician
- 1921: Alida Valli, Italian actress
- 1923: Rainier III, prince of Monaco, († April 6th 2005).
- 1928 : Edouard Molinaro, French realizer
- 1930: Clint Eastwood, Actor, Scenario writer, producing Realizer and American.
- 1931 : Zvi Hecker, Israeli architect .
- 1939 : Magnus, Italian draftsman of Cartoon († February 5th 1996)
- 1943: Sharon Gless, Actress of television, American
- To groove Werner Fassbinder, German Scenario writer, († 1982).
- Laurent Gbagbo, president of the Ivory Coast.
- Henri Emmanuelli, politician.
- 1950 :
- 1951: Serge Brussolo, French writer of Science fiction, police and Fantastic
- 1953: François Rollin, French humorist.
- 1965 : Brooke Shields, American actress
- 1968: Stephan E. Roy, author, Actor, inhabitant of Quebec
- 1976: Colin Farrell, Irish actor
- 1977: Domenico Fioravanti, Italian swimmer
- 1980: Andy Hurley, beater of the American group Fall Out Boy.
- 1329: Albertino Mussato, statesman, writer, chronicler and Italian Poet of the beginning of the 14th century. (° Ca 1261)
- 1482: Jean de Malestroit, baron of Derval, great chamberlain of Brittany
- 1809: Jean Lannes, Marshal of Empire, prince of Sievers, Marquis de Montebello. (° April 10th 1769)
- 1832: Welsh Évariste, Mathematician French. (° October 25th 1811)
- 1847: François Saulnier de Saint-Jouan, corsair, ship-owner and mayor of Binic;
- 1875 : Alphonse-Louis Constant, known as Eliphas Lévi, Occultiste French. (° February 8th 1810)
- 1938: max (Marcel) Blecher, Rumanian writer.
- 1962 : Adolf Eichmann, civil servant of high ranking of the Nazi Germany and member of the S ( Schutzstaffel ). (° March 19th 1906)
- 1996: Timothy Leary, Psychological writer and American. (° October 22nd 1920)
- 1989: Father Tom, ecclesiastic, prince of Sievers, duke of Montebello.
- 2004 : Etienne Roda-Gil, author of Song and dialogist of Cinema. (° 1941)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
Beats-smg: Gegožė 31 Be-X-old: 31 траўня Fiu-vro: 31. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 31 meie Simple: May 31 Zh-yue: 5 月 31 號
|Random links:||Firbeix | Charles Boileau | Academy off St Martin in the Fields | Menpō | Sisygambis|