The May 2nd is the 122e Jour of the Année (123e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
73 : Catch of Massada by the Romans
- 1518: Madeleine of the Tower of Auvergne wife Laurent II of Médicis, Duke of Urbino; from this union Catherine de Médicis
- 1598 will be born : Peace of Vervins between France and Spain
- 1668: Peace of Aachen between France and Spain; end of the War of Devolution
- 1789: Publication, under the title General states , of the first number of the Mail of Provence , gazette founded by Mirabeau.
- 1808 : Revolt against the Napoleonean army with Madrid (see also Dos of Mayo and May 3rd)
- 1879: Clandestine creation of PSOE in Spain.
1918 : Second conference of Abbeville, Foch claims the authority on the Italian face but obtained only one to be able of coordination.
- 1940 : Canonization of Gemmated Galgani (1878 - 1903) by the Pape Pie XII.
- 1945 : The Red Army enters Berlin, while the German troops go in Italy
- 1952: Startup of the first commercial Air line between London and New York
- 1953: Crowning of the king Hussein of Jordan
- 1968: The movement of May 68 is launched by student's demonstrations
- 1989: Beginning of the dismantling of the Iron curtain between the Hungary and the Austria
- 1998: Creation of the European Central bank with Brussels to lay down and carry out the monetary policy of the European Union
- 1601 : Athanasius Kircher, German Jesuit
- 1729: Catherine II of Russia, tsarina of German origin
- 1860: Theodor Herzl, writer and journalist Hungarian († June 3rd 1904), theorist of the Zionism
- 1881: Alexandre Fedorovitch Kerensky, Russian politician
- 1891: Mikhaïl Boulgakov, Russian writer
- 1892: Manfred von Richthofen, “the Baron German Rouge”, controls First World War
- 1893: Ludwig Kasper, Austrian sculptor († August 28th, 1945)
- 1901: Bing Crosby, American singer
- 1904: Maurice Estève, French painter
- 1920: Jean-Marie Auberson, Violonist and Swiss Leader
- 1922: Serge Reggiani, actor French singer.
- 1925 : Roscoe Lee Browne, movie actor and director of American theater . († April 11th 2007).
- 1929 : Edouard Balladur, French politician
- 1938: Marc Blondel, general secretary of the trade union Working force of the February 4th 1989 with the February 7th 2004
- 1941: Willi Hoffsümmer, priest and German writer for youth, with Hürth.
- Wojciech Pszoniak, actor Polish
- Jacques Rogge, Belgian orthopedic surgeon and president of the International Olympic committee
- 1953: Domitien Ndayizeye, president of Burundi of the April 30th 2003 with the August 26th 2005
- 1957: Dominic L. Gorie, American astronaut.
- 1957 : Herve Laurent, skipper and maritime expert French.
- 1964 : Jan Kounen, realizer, producer and scenario writer French.
- 1972 : Dwayne Johnson, Wrestling or and American actor.
- 1975 : David Beckham, British footballer (England)
- 1980: Fabrice Pancrate, French footballer of Betis Seville.
- 1981 : Tiago, Portuguese footballer.
- 1982 : Lorie, French singer
- 1984: Thabo Sefolosha, Swiss basketball player
- 1990: Kay Panabaker, American actress
- 373 : Saint Athanase of Alexandria, évèque of Alexandria
- 1519: Léonard de Vinci, painter, sculptor, architect and Italian scientist
- 1736: Albertus Seba, Zoologist and Pharmacy N Dutch, celebrates for its Cabinet of curiosities (° 1665).
- 1784 : Gabriel Bexon, known under the name of Abbot Bexon, French naturalist (° 1748)
- 1813: Jacques Delille, man of the church, poet, French academician (elected in 1774) (° 1738)
- 1857: Alfred de Musset, French writer
- 1887: Bernhard Studer, Swiss geologist
- 1925: Johann Trained, astronomer Austrian (° December 6th 1848)
- 1965: Lucile Swan, 74 years, sculptrice and American artist . (° May 10th 1890).
- 1972 : John Edgar Hoover, lawyer states-unien, director of the FBI (° January 1st 1895)
- 1998: Hide alias Hideto Matsumoto, singer and guitarist Japanese
- 1999: Oliver Reed, British actor
- 2003: Mohamed Dib, Algerian writer
- 2005: Bob Hunter, first president of Greenpeace
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Athanase of Alexandria († 373), bishop.
- Boris of Bulgaria
- Boris and Gleb
- Zoe d' Attalia
- Melanie Old the
- May 2nd in sport
- May 2nd in the railroads
Beats-smg: Gegožė 2 Be-X-old: 2 траўня Fiu-vro: 2. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 2 meie Simple: May 2 Zh-yue: 5 月 2 號
|Random links:||John Mensah | Muzzle | Din (island) | The Virgin of the festival of the rosary | Bayona|