The May 28th is the 148e Jour of the Année (149e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
1258 : Alexandre IV addresses Viterbe three bubbles to the archbishops of Bourges and Rheims, on the one hand, of Bordeaux and Tours, on the other hand, like with those of Sens and Bourges again, prescribing to them to enact canonical sanctions against the disturbers and the laic or ecclesiastical despoilers of the goods of the Abbaye of Saint-Denis
- 1321: Guillaume Frédol, bishop of Béziers, promulgates at the request of the Pape Jean XXII of the Statuts of reformation aiming the monks as well as the abbot of the Abbaye of Joncels, to cure the disorders which had been introduced into the abbey.
- 1830 : Indian Removal Act : the president Andrew Jackson makes vote a law off-setting the Indians living in the East of the the Mississippi in the West of this river so that the colonists can occupy their grounds. The Belgium becomes independent following a revolution against the king of Holland.
- 1871 : end of the Common of Paris: catch of Paris by the troops of Versailles.
- 1937 : opening of the Golden Spoils Bridge with the motor vehicle traffic.
- 1940 : The Belgian army capitulates on order of its king.
- 1950 : Pie XII sanctifies Jeanne de France
- 1961: The London famous daily newspaper The Observer publishes “ the call for the amnesty 1961 ”. This initiative will lead to the foundation of the movement Amnesty International.
- 1962 : Recording of Takin' Off of Herbie Hancock.
- 1963 : A hurricane and a tidal wave make 30.000 victims with the Eastern Pakistan.
- 1974 : Jacques Chirac is named Prime Minister.
- 1977 : With alternate Nimes (France, department of the Gard), of Christian Montcouquiol known as “Nimeño II”, Matador French.
- 1980 : The Belgian State is federalized a little more and creates two areas having important competences: the Walloon region and the Flemish Area.
- 1982 : First visit of a Pope with the the United Kingdom by Jean-Paul II.
- 1988 : Birth of Hachimi Mohamed Amine to Blessed-Mellal.
- 1987 : Mathias Rust thwarts the Soviet air security and is posed on the Red Place in Moscow with a plane Cessna.
- 1990 : In Afghanistan, the president Najibullah defends the Multipartisme and proposes the organization of free elections.
- 1997 : End of the round the world tour of the aviatrice Linda Finch with Oakland, in California, after 72 days and some 44.240 kilometers, by the Brazil, the Africa, the India, the Australia and Hawaii, to return then to California.
- 1998 : The Pakistan carries out 5 nuclear tests and proclaims nuclear power.
- 1999 : With Cuba, Fidel Castro names Felipe Pérez Roque as Foreign Minister.
- 2003: The AC Milan finally gains its sixth League of the Champions in Manchester by beating the Juventus 3 shootings with the goal with 2, the score being of 0-0 at the end of the prolongations.
- 1588 : Pierre Séguier, politician, Magistrate and academician French, († 1672).
- 1676 : Jacopo Riccati, Italian Mathematician, († 1754).
- 1735 : François Christophe Kellermann, Marshal of France
- 1738: Joseph Ignace Guillotin, doctor which recommended in 1789 a means of setting with mechanical death, to which one gave later the name of Guillotine, with its defending body, († 1814).
- 1807 : Louis Agassiz, zoologist, ichtyologiste and American geologist of Swiss origin, († 1873).
- 1837 : Tony Pastor, Song or and Business manager. († August 26th 1908)
- 1878: Paul Pelliot, sinologist and adventurer French, († 1945)
- 1884: Johannes Meyer, Actor Danish. († November 4th 1972)
- 1897: Philip Tannura, director of the photography (cinema), († 1973).
- 1888 : Jim Thorpe, American Athlete, († 1953).
- 1904 : Russell F. Schoengarth, assembler chief with the cinema, American, († 1974).
- 1908 : Ian Fleming, Novelist, author of the James Bond, British, († 1964)
- 1912: Patrick White, Nobel Prize of literature in 1973.
- 1920: Gaston Lenôtre, French pastrycook.
- 1921 : Heinz G. Konsalik, German writer, († 1999).
- 1923 : György Ligeti, Hungarian type-setter.
- 1928 : Jean-Paul Rouland, French TV host.
- 1929 : Horst Frank, German Actor, († 1999).
- 1934 : The Sisters Dionne, quintupled first known, Canadian.
- 1938 : Jerry West, champion of Basketball, American.
- 1941 : Diego Puerta, Spanish Matador .
- Gladys Knight, Singer of Drunk, Rhythm and blues and Gospel American.
- Paul D. Scully-Power, astronaut of American dual nationality Australian
- 1947 : Sondra Locke, American actress.
- 1948 : Pierre Rapsat, Belgian Singer († April 20th 2002).
- Dominique Paillé, politician French, born with Sapwoods (Two-Sevres).
- Bernard Sotta, Mathematician French.
- 1965 : Catherine Tanvier, sporting Frenchwoman (tennis)
- 1966: Roger Kumble, American Realizer.
- 1968 : Kylie Minogue, Australian Singer.
- 1971 : Isabelle Carré, French actress.
- 1972 : Chiara Mastroianni, French actress.
- 1974 : Romain Duris, French actor.
- 1295 : Barnim II of Poméranie
- 1357: Alphonse IV from Portugal in Lisbon, (° 1291).
- 1787 : Leopold Mozart, Violonist and Type-setter, father of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, (° 1719).
- 1805 : Luigi Boccherini, Italian Type-setter, (° 1743).
- 1888 : Paul Emile de Puydt, Botanist, economist and Belgian writer, (° 1810).
- 1891 : Peter Martin Duncan, British paleontologist , (° 1824).
- 1893 : Felipe de Jesús Villanueva Gutiérrez, Mexican type-setter. (° February 5th 1862).
- 1913 : John Lubbock, prehistorian, Naturalist and British politician , (° 1834).
- 1917 : Raoul Warocqué, Capitalist Belgian (° February 4th 1870)
- Jean Vilar, Actor and Director of Theater French, (° 1912).
- Audie Murphy, Actor, producing American, (° 1924).
- 1972 : Duke of Windsor ex- Edouard VIII of the United Kingdom. (° June 23rd 1894)
- 1990: Wilhelm Wagenfeld, German designer (° April 15th, 1900).
- Oleg Makarov, Soviet cosmonaut (° 1933)
- Ilya Prigogine, Physicist and Belgian Chemist of Russian origin, (° 1917).
- 2005 : Jean Négroni, Actor and Director French (° 1920)
- 2007: John Macquarrie, 87 years, philosopher and Theology Scottish N , professor with the University of Oxford, (° June 27th 1919).
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- German of Paris († 576), bishop.
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Ignace de Rostov († 1288), bishop.
Beats-smg: Gegožė 28 Be-X-old: 28 траўня Fiu-vro: 28. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 28 meie Simple: May 28 Zh-yue: 5 月 28 號
|Random links:||Matthias Ettrich | Escuminac | World cup of Alpine skiing 1978 | Fountain-under-courtyards | Luxe.TV|