The May 26th is the 146e Jour of the Année (147e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1463 : Louis XI, coming from Guienne, where it had signed peace with the kings de Castille, of Aragon and Navarre, makes its entry with Toulouse.
- 1657 : Louis XIV, King de France, aspires to the crown of emperor of the Saint Germanic Roman Empire, by making application form officially, but it is the Germanic candidate - Léopold de Habsbourg - which will be elected, in 1658.
- 1896 : Crowning of the emperor Nicolas II of Russia.
- 1944 : Bombardment of Chambéry, Grenoble, Lyon, Nice and Saint-Etienne
- 1954: The funerary boat of the Pharaon Khéops is discovered in Egypt.
- 1964 : The China rejects a call of the the United Kingdom, requiring of him to intervene so that the engagements with the Laos cease.
- 1966 : Independence of the Guyana
- 1972: During a top with Moscow, Richard Nixon, president of the the United States and Leonid Brezhnev secretary of PCUS signed an agreement of limitation of the nuclear weapons.
- 1979 : Israel officially restores with the Egypt the town of El Arich, capital of the the Sinai, pursuant to the Camp David agreements.
- 1986 : The European Community adopts officially its flag.
- 1991 : the Boeing 767 ensuring the flight 004 of the company Lauda Air is crushed in Thailand making 223 victims.
- 1993 : The Olympique of Marseilles finally gains the “Ligue of the champions” while beating with Munich, the Milan AC 1 to 0, on a blow of head of Basile Boli, and becomes thus the first French club to gain a European competition.
- 1994 : The the United States and the Vietnam take again diplomatic relations.
- 1650 : British general John Churchill (Marlborough), ancestor of Winston Churchill
- 1669: Valiant Sebastien, French botanist († 1722).
- 1799 : Felipe Poey, zoologist Cuba in († 1891).
- 1799 : Alexandre Pouchkine, poet, playwright and Russian novelist († 1837).
- 1855 : Vittoria Aganoor, Italian poetess. († April 9th 1910).
- 1878 : Isadora Duncan, American dancer who revolutionized the contemporary dance by her improvisations († 1927).
- 1881 : Adolfo of Huerta, president of the Mexico in 1920 († 1925).
- 1883 : Granny Smith, dancer of review, singer of jazz and blues and American actress († 1946)
- 1885: Gaston Baty, man of Theater
- 1886: Al Jolson, type-setter and American actor († 1950).
- Jean Bernard, doctor and academician French († 2006).
- John Wayne, Actor, producing Realizer and American. († June 11th 1979)
- 1912: János Kádár, Hungarian politician († July 6th 1989)
- 1913: Peter Cushing, British actor († 1994).
- 1916 : Moondog, American musician († 1999).
- 1920: Peggy Lee, singer and American actress († 2002).
- 1925 : Marcel Bluwal, Realizer and Director of theater French.
- 1946 : Mick Ronson, guitarist († 1993).
- 1949 : WFP Grier, American actress.
- 1956: Mehdi El Glaoui, French actor having played in the series " Beautiful and Sebastien " in the Sixties '
- 1966: Helena Bonham Carter, British Actress .
- 1971 : Matt Stone, Producing American
- 1973: Clémentine Autain, political Woman French
- 946 : Edmond Ier of England, king d' Angleterre of 939 with 946. (° Ca 921)
- 1703: Samuel Pepys, civil servant and a writer English. (° February 23rd 1633)
- 1707: Madam de Montespan, favorite of Louis XIV. (° October 5th 1640)
- 1873: August Conradi, Type-setter, Organist and German Kapellmeister . (* June 27th 1821)
- 1905: Alphonse de Rothschild, banker and collector French. (° 1827)
- 1922: Ernest Solvay, Chemist and Belgian industrialist (° April 16th 1838)
- 1924: Victor Herbert American type-setter. (° 1859)
- 1976: Martin Heidegger, German Philosopher. (° September 26th 1899)
- 2005: max Cloupet, 75 years, priest, former general secretary of catholic teaching in France, craftsman of an agreement with the left with the capacity ensuring school peace in 1992.
- 2005 : Jean-Marc Varaut, lawyer French which had in particular defended Maurice Papon. (° February 18th 1933)
- 2005: Aboubacar Sangoulé Lamizana, former president of the the Upper Volta. (° January 31st 1916)
- 2006: Edouard Michelin, industrial French, joint manager of the group Michelin. (° August 13rd 1963)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Augustin de Canterbury (+ 604), bishop (old and Eastern date).
- Price of Auxerre or Priest (3rd century), martyr.
Catholic saints of the day
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Alexandre de Thessalonique (+ 1794), néo-martyr.
- Georges of Sofia (+ 1537), néo-martyr.
Beats-smg: Gegožė 26 Be-X-old: 26 траўня Fiu-vro: 26. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 26 meie Simple: May 26 Zh-yue: 5 月 26 號
|Random links:||Filiaşi | Quintenas | The Sydney Morning Herald | Anticompetitive practice | Temple of Surawana|