The May 22nd is the 142e Jour of the Année (143e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
Sign of the zodiac: 1st day of the Gemini
1 to 1900
- 1200 : Treated Narrow part where Jean-without-Ground yields the county of Évreux to Philippe Auguste and recognizes the suzerainty of king de France on the French grounds of Plantagenêts.
- 1358 : By letters given to Meaux, the Dolphin Charles Wise the, names the Marshal of France Jean Ier Meingre, said Boucicaut , lieutenant-general of the Poitou, Touraine, Saintonge jointly with Guillaume VII, lord de Parthenay.
- 1455 : War of the Two-Pinks: series of civil wars which took place in England between the royal house of Lancaster and the royal house of York.
- 1542 : Paul III convenes the Concile of Thirty.
- 1794 : Bataille of Turned.
- 1815 : With Cordoue (Spain), alternate of Francisco González Díaz known as “Panchón”, Spanish Matador.
- 1848 : Abolition of slavery in Martinique.
- 1890 : With Madrid (Spain), alternate of Juan Jiménez Ripoll known as “El Ecijano”, Spanish Matador.
- 1960 : Earthquake of 1960 in Chile, more extremely Seism ever recorded on the scale of Richter. Although the epicentre was located off the coasts of the Chile, this seism a magnitude of 9,5 caused a series of Tsunami S crossing the Pacific and reaching 48 hours later the coasts of the Japan.
- 1967 : With Brussels, the fire of the Innovation building makes 320 dead.
- 1990 : The Yemen of North and the Yemen of the south are reunified.
- 1995 : Jean Tiberi succeeds Jacques Chirac like Maire of Paris.
- 2007 : Nonce Paolini replaces Patrick Le Lay with the head office of the group TF1
- 2007: Ozzy Osbourne returns with its new album Black Rain.
- 1783: , physicist and British electrical engineer , inventor of the electromagnet († December 4th 1850)
- 1808: Gerard de Nerval, French writer († 1855)
- 1813: Richard Wagner, German type-setter († 1883)
- 1841: Catulle Mendès, French writer († 1909)
- 1859: Arthur Conan Doyle, British novelist , true inventor of the detective novel with his hero Sherlock Holmes. († July 7th 1930)
- 1900: Yvonne Vendroux, wife of Charles de Gaulle. († November 8th 1979)
- Hergé (Georges Remi), Belgian draftsman , creator of Tintin († 1983)
- Sir Laurence Olivier, British actor († 1989)
- 1924: Charles Aznavour, singer French
- 1925: Jean Tinguely, Swiss artist († 1991)
- 1937: Commercial Guy, singer and actor French
- 1938: Susan Strasberg, American actress († 1999)
- 1942: Theodore John Kaczynski, known as Unabomber , Terrorist American
- 1959: Morrissey, British singer , former member of the Smiths
- 1963: Nicolas Trautmann, Artistic Director French
- 1972 :
- Anna Belknap, actress, born with Damariscotta, Maine (the United States)
- Annabel Chong, actress Porn American, born in China (Singapore).
- 1982 : Ingenuous Thovex, skier French freestyle
- 1987: Novak Djokovic, Serb tennis player.
987 : Louis V, known as '' Lazy the '', king de France.
- 1849 : Maria Edgeworth, writer Irish (° January 1st 1767)
- 1885: Victor Hugo, writer, Poet, Politician, Intellectual academician and committed French of the 19th century. (° February 26th 1802)
- 1910: Jules Fox, French writer
- 1932: Lady Gregory, writer (° 1852)
- 1939: Ernst Toller, German author (° 1893)
- 1939: , novelist, Playwright and Czech essay writer. (° December 12th 1882)
- 1948: Claude McKay, Novelist and American poet jamaïcain naturalized. (° September 15th 1889)
- 1949: Klaus Mann, German writer (° 1906)
- 1966: , British player of Cricket (° October 1st 1900)
- 1967: Langston Hughes, American writer
- 1983: Albert Claude, Belgian biologist , Nobel Prize (° 1899)
- 1988: Giorgio Almirante, politicking Italian (° 1914)
- 1990: Rocky Graziano, American boxer (° 1922)
- 1992: Zellig Harris, American linguist
- 1993: Mieczysław Horszowski, pianist Polish naturalized American (° June 23rd 1892)
- Yemen: Day of the Unification (1990)
- international Day of the Biodiversity (UNO)
- marriage of the prince of Asturies with Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano (2004 Madrid)
- Commemoration of the abolition of the Slavery to the Martinique
- national Day of the Patriots (Quebec)
- Festival of the Queen ( Victoria Day )
- Emile, Miloud
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Ausone of Angouleme (IIIe century), bishop.
- Emile of Africa († 250), martyr.
- Jean Vladimir of Serbia († 1015), miracle-worker martyr.
- Julie of Corsica († Ve century), martyrdom.
Catholic saints of the day
- Rita de Cascia
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Paul of the Peloponnese († 1818), néo-martyr with Tripoli.
Beats-smg: Gegožė 22 Be-X-old: 22 траўня Fiu-vro: 22. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 22 meie Simple: May 22 Zh-yue: 5 月 22 號
|Random links:||Gift (title) | Francisco Mancebo | Petitcodiac | Carlos Santillana | College Stanislas (Wissembourg) | Al-Hamdani_Nidal|