⁶ The May 19th is the 139e Jour of the Année (140e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1328 : Crown Philippe VI: the Valois succeed the Capétiens. The Valois, the Anjou and the Maine are joined together with the Crown. The king gives up the Navarre with Jeanne, girl of Louis X Hutin, woman of Philippe d' Évreux.
1498 : The Portuguese navigator Vasco de Gama approaches with Calicut (India). He becomes thus the first Européen to gain India by the sea by circumventing the Africa by the Cape of Good Hope and opens the road of the Indies.
1802 : Napoleon Bonaparte, then 1st Consul with life, creates by Décret the order of the Légion of honor to reward the civil proceedings and military.
1902 : Creation of a cuban Republic.
1932 : The American aviatrice Amelia Earhart, 34 years, accomplishes only a transatlantic flight between Newfoundland (Canada) and the Ireland on board a Lockheed Véga. dual employment with the May 20th
1976 : Launching of the national Lotto in France.
1978 : The French parachutists of the foreign legion jump on Kolweizi, ex-Zaire.
1996 : Olivier Panis gains the Grand Prix of Monaco of Formule 1, last victory of a French pilot to date.
2002 : The Timor-Eastern obtains its independence.
2004, May 19th: The club of Valence (Spain) finally beats Marseilles (France) 2-0 of UEFA Cup in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Romania: Failure of the referendum on the dismissal of the president Traian Băsescu.
- StarCraft II: Exit of the second shutter of the play Starcraft
- Concert announces: Indo-China fills for the third Bercy time on its Alice & June Tour. The POPB is stuffed to crack of 17.000 boosted fans and in communion with the group.
- 1870 : Albert Fish, serial killer and American cannibal. († January 16th 1936).
- 1890 : Ho Chi Minh, president of the Democratic republic of Vietnam (1945 - 1969). († September 2nd 1969)
- 1898: Julius Evola, thinker Italy N of the 20th century pertaining to the school traditionalist. († June 11th 1974)
- 1921: Daniel Gélin, actor, realizer and scenario writer French. († November 29th 2002)
- 1922: Gilded Fraud, French actress, knight with the National order of the Merit.
- 1925 : Malcolm X, American politician. († February 21st 1965)
- 1925: Pol Pot, leader of the Khmer Rouge and Prime Minister for the Kampuchea between 1976 and 1979. († April 15th 1998)
- 1926: Fernand Raynaud, Humoriste and Actor French. († September 28th 1973)
- 1939: Francis R. Scobee, American astronaut. († January 28th 1986)
- 1941: Nora Ephron, director, scenario writer and producing American.
- 1944 : Peter Mayhew, British Actor , celebrates to have interpreted the role of Chewbacca in the Star Wars.
- 1945 : Pete Townshend, British guitarist of the group Rock'n'roll The Who.
- Jean-Pierre Haigneré, Spationaut French.
- Grace Jones, mannequin, singer and American actress.
- 1951 : Joey Cleans, singer of group Punk Ramones. († April 15th 2001)
- 1954: Phil Rudd, beater of the group Rock'n'roll AC/DC.
- 1955 : Pierre J. Thuot, American astronaut.
- 1969: Thomas Vinterberg, realizer and scenario writer Danish.
- 1976 : Kevin Garnett, American basketball player
- 1979: Andrea Pirlo, Italian footballer
- 1979: Tunisiano, rappor member of the group Sniper
- 1319: Louis de France, count d' Évreux, of Stamps and Beaumont-the-Roger, wire of the king Philippe III Bold the and of Marie of the Brabant. (° 1276).
- 1350 : Dimitri IV Donskoï, large prince of Moscow of 1363 at 1389. (° October 12th 1350).
- 1536 : Anne Boleyn, queen of France, then of England (° Ca 1501 ~ 1507)
- 1645: Miyamoto Musashi, fencer and Samurai Japan board. (° 1584) - (May 19th of the Japanese calendar but June 13rd of the Gregorian Calendar) .
- 1935 : Thomas Edward Lawrence ( Lawrence of Arabia ), officer and British writer . (° August 16th 1888)
- 1954: Charles Ives, American Type-setter. (° October 20th 1874)
- 1985: Herbert Ruff, Type-setter, Leader and Pianist Polish. (° September 16th 1918)
- 1994: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, succumbed to a cancer of the lymphatic Système. (° July 28th 1929)
- 1994: Jacques Ellul, Historian, Theologist, Sociologist and Thinker French. (° January 6th 1912)
- 2000: Yevgeny Khrunov, Soviet cosmonaut. (° September 10th 1933)
- 2005: Batya Gour, écrivaine Israeli, specialized in the Detective novel. (° January 20th 1947)
Good festival with
- Erwan, Erwin, Erwana, Erwanez, Erwanig, Erwannig, Wanig
- Eozen, Eozena, Eozenez, Eozenig, Eozenou
- Helouri, Hélori
- Yves, Yvon, Yvonne
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Dunstan († 988), Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Hadulphe of Arras († 728), bishop.
- Pudentienne of Rome (I er).
Catholic saints of the day
- Célestin : Canonized by Clement V, in 1313, under the name of saint Pierre Célestin. Owner of the bookbinders.
- Yves de Kermartin or Yves de Tréguier († 1303), priest.
Orthodoxe saints of the day
Beats-smg: Gegožė 19 Be-X-old: 19 траўня Fiu-vro: 19. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 19 meie Simple: May 19 Zh-yue: 5 月 19 號
|Random links:||ETMS | Ernesto Gómez Cruz | Director of the national information | Robert Moray | Boss' N Up|