The May 14th is the 134e Jour of the Année (135e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
841 : The Viking S, with at their head Oscherus (in Norrois Asgeirr ), which starts to make frequent incursions into the valley of the Seine, devastate first once Rouen. They plunder the Abbaye S of Saint-Ouen and Jumièges. The abbey of Fontenelle ( Saint-Wandrille ) is saved with the help of the payment of six money books.
1483 : Sacring of Charles VIII the Gracious one.
1610 : Assassination of Henri IV by Ravaillac.
1643 : Died of Louis XIII: Anne of Austria, become regent, called upon the cardinal Mazarin, godfather of the young king Louis XIV, five years old, to educate it.
1784 : On the insistence of Fayette, the French Minister for Finances, Calonne, publishes a making decree of the ports of Bayonne, Marseilles, Dunkirk and Lorient of the free ports for the trade free - American.
1796 : practical Edward Jenner the first Vaccination with young a 8 year old boy, by inoculating a drop of to him Vaccinates, “the variola of the cow”.
1811 : Independence of the Paraguay.
1871 : creation of the Territory of Belfort.
- 1900 : Opening to Paris of the IIème Olympic Games of summer.
1927 : Launching of the Cape Garded with Hamburg.
1933 : The Olympique Inhabitant of Lille is the first club professional champion of France of football.
1933 : Béatification of Gemmated Galgani (1878 - 1903) by the Pape Pie XI.
1941 : Raid of the Dollar, transfer of the men towards Beaune-the-Rolande
- 1948: Declaration of independence of the State of Israel.
1955 : Eight communist countries - including the Soviet Union signs the Warsaw Pact.
1962 : Marriage in Athens of Juan Carlos Ier of Spain, carrying at the time the title of Prince d' Espagne (title created by Free in the place of the title of Prince of Asturies) with Sofía of Greece (Sophía Margaríta Viktoría Frideríki tis Ellados, in Greek Σοφία Μαργαρίτα Βικτωρία Φρειδερίκη της Ελλάδ O).
1964 : Inauguration of the first section of the High stopping of Aswan.
1968 : The Sorbonne is proclaimed common free and Nanterre autonomous faculty.
1979 : The physician Yvonne Choquet-Bruhat is the first woman elected with the Academy of Science.
1990 : In France, more than 250.000 people express in the streets of Paris against the Antisémitisme and the Racisme (operation Touche not with my pal )
1998 : The State of Israel festival its fiftieth anniversary.
2002 : Election of Ahmad Tejan Kabbah, like chair Sierra Leone, with 70,6% of the voices.
2004 : With Copenhagen, marriage of the prince Frederik of Denmark with the Australia Mary Donaldson.
2006 : A wave of attacks touches the Brazilian police force of Sao Paulo.
- 1265 : Dante Alighieri, poet Italy N († 1321).
- 1316 : Charles IV, Germanic Roman Emperor († 1378).
- 1553 : Marguerite de France, queen of Navarre and France († 1615).
- 1724 : Jean-Baptiste Grenon, Canadian, Hercules of North.
- 1727 : Thomas Gainsborough, artist († 1788).
- 1752 : Albrecht Daniel Thaer, German agronomist († 1828).
- 1836 : Wilhelm Steinitz, first official world champion of failures.
- 1863 : John Charles Fields, Canadian Mathematician .
- 1867 : Pepete (Jose Rodríguez Davié), († September 13rd 1899).
- 1897 : Sidney Bechet, clarinettist and American type-setter († (1959).
- 1939 : Bertrand Blier, French realizer, wire of the actor Bernard Blier
- 1943: Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, Icelandic politician.
- 1944 : George Lucas, American scenario writer.
- 1945 : Yochanan Vollach, Israeli footballer.
- Donald R. McMonagle, American astronaut.
- Robert Zemeckis, realizer, scenario writer and American producer.
- 1953 : Norodom Sihamoni, elected king of the Kampuchea the October 14th 2004.
- 1954 : Amalia Galdón Delgado, woman painter and professor of physics and Spanish chemistry .
- 1957 : William G. Gregory, American astronaut
- 1959: Patrick Bruel, singer and actor French.
- 1961 : Tim Roth, British actor .
- 1964 : James Mr. Kelly, American astronaut
- 1966: Marianne Denicourt, French actress.
- 1969: Cate Blanchett, Australian actor.
- 1979 : Mickaël Landreau, football player and goalkeeper of the team of France.
- 1987 : François Steyn, player of South-African Rugby .
- 964 : Jean XII, pope, born Octavien (° v. 937)
- 1313: Bolko Ier d' Opole
- 1610: Henri IV of France (° December 13rd 1553)
- 1643: Louis XIII of France (° September 27th 1601), wire of the precedent.
- 1667 : Georges de Scudéry, writer and academician French (° 1598)
- 1887: Hippolyte Bayard, inventor of photography
- 1959: Sydney Bechet, clarinettist and American type-setter
- 1983: Miguel Alemán Valdés, president of the Mexico between 1946 and 1952
- 1993: William Randolph Hearst, American tycoon of the press
- 1998: Frank Sinatra, singer and American actor
- 2001: Mauro Bolognini, Italian realizer
- Israel: Day of Independence (1948)
- Paraguay: Day of Independence (1811)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Pascal Ier, 98e pope from January 25th, 817 to February 11th, 824.
- Aproncule de Clermont († 488), bishop
- Isidore de Chio († 251), martyr.
- Pons de Cimiez († 258), martyr in Nice.
- Isidore de Rostov († 1474), fol as a Christ.
- Leonce of Jerusalem († 1175), patriarch.
- Nicétas de Novgorod († 1108), bishop.
- May 14th in sport
- May 14th in the railroads
Beats-smg: Gegožė 14 Be-X-old: 14 траўня Fiu-vro: 14. lehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 14 meie Simple: May 14 Zh-yue: 5 月 14 號
|Random links:||Pressurized water reactor | 1957 as a cartoon | Bazargan | Daniel Bocandé | Giant puffball|