See also: Jacob (homonymy)
BiographyIt passes all its youth to Quimper, then settles with Paris, where it attends in particular in the district of Montmartre and is made many friends of which Picasso which it meets in 1901, Braque, Matisse, Apollinaire and Modigliani. Jewish of birth, it is made Baptiser at the 40 years age, in 1915 with Picasso like witness.
After having lived with the Saint-Benoit-on-Loire of 1921 with 1928 near the Benedictine abbey, it returns there in 1936 to withdraw itself there definitively and carries out to it a quasi-monastic life.
It is there that it is stopped by the Gestapo of Orleans on February 24th, 1944, before being off-set with the Camp of Drancy, where it dies of exhaustion two weeks later in spite of various interventions to make it release, of which those of Jean Cocteau and Sacha Guitry. Max Jacob counted among his many friends Jean Moulin who will take the pseudonym of max in his activities of resistant. Its body was buried in 1949 with the Saint-Benoit-on-Loire. Its tomb was decorated of one of its portraits realized in 1935 by his/her friend Rene Iché.
It is indexed like “Poet - Novelist - Essay writer - Painter” with the National library. It also translated texts of the Catalan into French.
- Christ with Montparnasse
- Saint-Matorel (1911)
- the Coast (1911)
- burlesques Works and mystics of Brother Matorel (1912)
- the Head office of Jerusalem ‚great celestial temptation of Brother Matorel (1914)
- the dice Cup (1916) which brings notoriety
- to him Phanérogame (1918)
- the Defense of Sanctimonious hypocrite (1919)
- Cinématoma (1920)
- the Laboratory exchange (1921)
- the King de Béotie (1921)
- the black Cabinet (1922)
- Poetic Art (1922)
- Filibuth or the gold Watch (1923)
- the Ground Bouchaballe (1923)
- infernal Visions (1924)
- the Man of flesh and the Man reflection (1924)
- the Penitent ones in pink shirts (1925)
- Fund of water (1927)
- It Table of the Middle-class (1929)
- Shore (1931)
- Middle-class of France and besides (1932)
- Ballades (1938)
PublicationsIn addition to its name of civil statue, max Jacob used the following pseudonyms, indexed by the National library of France:
- Leon David
- Morven Gaëlique
1986 : the Ground Bouchaballe max Jacob Theater Daniel Sorano, April 15th, 1986 followed by two news: Paris province and the Fashion magazine or resources of Florimond: joke in an act of max Jacob; and of red Tarentelle part in an act of Salvatore Cuffaro, the Apron, coll “Theater” n° 798, Paris, 80 p. (Without ISBN)
- 1953: Correspondence: 1: Quimper-Paris: 1876-1921 , ED. from Paris, Paris, 229 p.
- 1985: Letters in Michel Manoll max Jacob; préf. of Michel Manoll; text established and annotated by Maria Green, Rougerie, Mortemart, 1985,163p. (Without ISBN)
- 1964: the defense of Sanctimonious hypocrite: extases, remorse, visions, prayers, poems and meditations of a Jew converted , nouv.éd introd. and notes by Andre Blanchet, Gallimard, Paris, 299p.
- 1949 ! professional Beggars ; (follow-up of) Jealousies , préf. of Georges Auric; drawings of max Jacob and Jacques Audiberti, without indication of edition, 16p. Note BNF n°FRBNF39774384
- 1936: Holy Matorel, the head office of Jerusalem, burlesques and mystical works of brother Matorel , Gallimard, Paris, 300p.
- 1928: Visions of the sufferings and of died of Jesus Sons of God: forty drawings of max Jacob, with a portrait of the author by itself , ED. With the Four Ways, Paris.
- 1928 : article “Two letters and a comment”, in the weekly Re-examined of August 11th, 1928, p.213-218
- 1928: article “max Jacob or the poet of the Saint-Benoit-on-Loire. Texts and new drawings of max Jacob - homage of Saint Russet-red pol. - Towards and proses of Marcel Abraham, Jean Glass fragment, Jean Cocteau…”, in the review the Email , N ° April 5th, th and th 1928, p.221-272
- 1923: Filibuth, or the gold Watch, ED. NR. RF, Paris, 268 p. (4th ED.)
- 1922: article “Poems burlesques”, in the review of the free sheets n° August 28th - September 1922, p.245-249
|Random links:||Ram Mountains | The Community of communes Tarn and Agout | Peñacerrada-Urizaharra | Danthonia | Bread apple | Kangchenjunga|