He makes his studies with Strasbourg, city in which he meets Katia, its wife, with which it Marie in 1970. Together, they are devoted fully to the Volcanologie, deciding for example not to have children. They photograph and film more than 150 Volcan S in eruption: the Etna (Italy), the Ol Doinyo Lengaï (Tanzania) or the Heimaey (Iceland). Their images, like those of the eruption of the Holy Mount Helens (the United States, 1980), make the round the world tour.
Their fascination for the volcanos explosive, known as “gray volcanos”, will grow with the detriment of the remainder. They will find death the June 3rd 1991 on the Mont Unzen with the Japan, carried by a volcanic Cloud.
They largely contributed to the development of volcanology in France and its popularization, in particular bound for the children. Authors of a score of books, feature-length films, they also gathered the largest volcanologic library in the world (see section " Bonds externes").
- Guide of the volcanos of Europe: general information, France, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Germany… , Neuchâtel, Delachaux and Niestlé, 1974,412 p.
- Questions with a vulcanologist: Maurice Kraft answers , Paris, Hatchet-Youth, 1981,231 p.
- the Volcanos and their secrecies , Nathan, Paris, 1984,63 p.
- marvellous Le Monde of the volcanos , Paris, Hatchet-Youth, 1981,58 p.
- Fires of the Earth, Histoire of volcanos , Paris, Découvertes Gallimard, - 208 p.
With Katia Kraft:
- With the attack of the volcanos, Iceland, Indonesia , Paris, Presses of the City, 1975,112 p.
- Prefaced by Eugene Ionesco, the Volcanos , Paris, Draeger-Vilo, 1975,174 p.
- the Furnace, active volcano of the island of the Meeting , Saint-Denis, Editions Roland Benard, 1977,121 p.
- Volcanos, the alarm clock of the Earth , Paris, Hatchet-Realities, 1979,158 p.
- In the cave of the Devil: volcanos from Africa, the Canaries and Réunion , Paris, Presses of the City, 1981,124 p.
- Volcanos and earthquakes , Paris, the Two Cocks of Gold, 1982,78 p.
- Volcanos and continental drifts , Paris, Hatchet, 1984,157 p.
- most beautiful volcanos, of Alaska in the Antarctic and Hawaii , Paris, Solar, 1985,88 p.
- Volcanos and eruptions , Paris, Hatchet-Youth, 1985,90 p.
- Volcanos of the world , Vevey-Lausanne, Editions Mondo, 1986,152 p.
- Objective volcanos , Paris, Nathan Image, 1986,154 p.
- Führer zu den Virunga Vulkanen , Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1990,187.
With Roland Benard:
- In the middle of the Furnace, Orleans, Nourault-Bénard Editions, 1986,220 p.
With Katia Kraft and François-Dominique de Larouzière:
- Guide of the volcanos of Europe and the Canaries , Neuchâtel, Delachaux and Niestlé, 1991,455 p.
- Images of volcanos: The site of the visual and sound files of Katia and Maurice Kraft
|Random links:||Techniques of cinematographic laboratory | History of Tonga | Babylon Whores | Poecile carolinensis | The Scar of the memory | Banlieue_noire_de_Royalton,_Michigan|