Maurétanie Tingitane , which corresponds about to the North of current Morocco. The principal cities are Volubilis, Sala, Lixus, Banasa, Ceuta, Melilla and Tingis (current Tangier) which was the Chef-lieu. It was attached administratively to the province of Spain (the Bétique)
The name gave today Mauritania, which is a State of West Africa, located at the south of the Sahara, adhering to the Arab Ligue.
Since -111, until the annexation in the Roman Empire in 40:
- Bogud or Bogudes
- Bocchus II
- Juba I (Numidie Eastern)
- Juba II (52 av. J. - C. - 23 a. J. - C.)
- Ptolémée de Maurétanie (23 with 40)
reigning- Bagga Former king of Maurétanie approx. 206 av. J. - C. - Buccar Former king of Maurétanie approx. 180 av. J. - C. - Bocchus I the Former king of Maurétanie 111-80 av. J. - C. - X queen of Numidie. marry: Jugurtha king de Numidie. - Sosus Mastanesosus , Masta-Nazan inscription on parts with its effigy 62 av. J. - C. - Bocchus II Co-king de Maurétanie 70-50, then kings of Maurétanie Cesarean 49-33. - Bogud II Co-king de Maurétanie 49-45. - Bocchus IV Co-king de Maurétanie 45-33. - Bogud I Co-king de Maurétanie 70-50, then kings of Maurétanie Tingitane 49-38. - Bocchus III Co-king de Maurétanie 49-40. - Boggud III Co-king de Maurétanie 40-38 - Hiarbas Co-king de Maurétanie 106-80 av. J. - C. abdicates - Massinissa II Co-king de Maurétanie 80-46 av. J. - C. - Arabion king de Maurétanie 44-43. - Hiempsal II Co king de Numidie 88-84 and 80? front J. - C. - Juba I king de Maurétanie 43-42. - Juba II king de Maurétanie 25 av. J. - C. - 24 a. J. - C. marry: Glaphyra marry: Cléopâtre Séléné girl of Marc-Antoine. cf: Dynasty Lagide. - Drusilla. - Ptolémée de Maurétanie king de Maurétanie 24-40 a. J. - C. marry Junia Urania - Drusilla marry: Antonius Felix. marry: Caius Julius Sohæmus priest-king of Émèse (Homs) - Clutched - Caius Julius Alexio priest-king d' Émèse - Iotape - Aedemon king de Maurétanie 40-42 a. J. - C. Possible that it was adopted by Juba II - Tacfarinas Chief of the Musulames -24 a. J. - C.
Roman MaurétanieWith the increasing importance of the Roman Empire, the Maurétanie became a kingdom customer (Vassal) of Rome. The Romans placed Juba II there of Numidie like king-customer. When Juba II died in 23, his/her son, educated with the Roman way, Ptolémée de Maurétanie succeeded to him on the throne, but Caligula killed it in 40 and Claudius annexed Maurétanie directly like Roman province in 44, under an imperial governor (nonsenatorial). Not to deprive the Moors of their line of the kings would have contributed to preserve fidelity and order, seems it: " the Moors, indeed, adore the rois" obviously; observed Cyprien in 247, undoubtedly quoting a geographer, by deflating the gods in " On the vanity of the idoles". At the first century, the Claudius emperor divided the Roman province of Maurétanie into Maurétanie Césarienne and Maurétanie Tingitane according to the line of the river Mulucha (Moulouya), with approximately 60 kilometers in the west of the current town of Oran:
- Maurétanie Tingitane, of the name of its capital Tingis (today Tangier); it was connected a time with the Plazas of soberanía (" wedge souveraine") Spanish and in the north of Morocco
- Maurétanie Cesarean, including/understanding Western and central Algeria and the territories until the Kabylie. Maurétanie gave to the empire a sovereign, Macrin, which seized the capacity after the assassination of Caracalla in 217 and which with itself be demolishes and carried out by Élagabal the following year.
- a Dux and provinciae Mauritaniae and Caesariensis , i.e. a Roman governor of praeses of the rank of the spectabilis of Vir , which also holds the higher military rank of “duke”, like the superior of eight commanders of garrison of border, of each limitis called of Praepositus, called (of the forms of genitive) Columnatensis, Vidensis, inferioris of limitis of Praepositus (C. - with-D. lower border), Fortensis, Muticitani, Audiensis, Caputcellensis and Augustensis.
- Praeses (civil) in the province of Mauritania Sitifensis.
- a comes rei militaris of Tingitana , also lining up like Spectabilis to vir, person in charge of the following commanders of garrison of border (Limitanei): prefect of the wings of cavalry Herculeae, powerful orator of the troop secundae Hispanorum of cohortis of Tribunus with Douga, powerful orator of the troop primae Herculeae in Aulucos, powerful orator of the troop primae Ityraeorum in Castrabarensis, tibun of the troop with Salted, powerful orator of the Pacatianensis troop in Pacatiana, powerful orator of the troop tertiae Asturum to Tabernas and powerful orator of the troop Friglensis Friglas; and with which three extraordinary units of cavalry is assigned: Seniores of scutarii of Equities, seniores and Equites Cordueni of sagittarii of Equities,
- a praeses (civil governor) of the same province.
|Random links:||Championship of Europe of female basketball 2005 | William Wiser | List communes of the province of Ciudad Real | Dj Fred & Arnold T | Vimont (AMT) | Whipworm|