Martha Mödl (born with Nuremberg on March 22nd 1912 - died with Stuttgart on December 17th 2001) was a Soprano, later German Mezzo-soprano, specialist in large the dramatic roles, in particular Wagnerian ( Isolde , Kundry , Brünnhilde ).
It begins its studies at 28 years with the conservatory of its birthplace. Noticed by Wieland Wagner, it is of the team of the first years of the “Nouveau Bayreuth”. From the years 1960 and progressive degradation of its voice, it passes to the repertory of mezzo ( Clytemnestre in Elektra ). She occurs on scene until little before her death, in increasingly spoken roles, but with an intact dramatic intensity.
- Tristan and Isolde , 1952 (to dir. Herbert von Karajan)
- Parsifal , 1951 (to dir. Hans Knappertsbusch)
- Parsifal , 1953 (to dir. Clemens Krauss)
- Fidelio , 1953, (Wilhelm Furtwängler)
- the Ring of Nibelung 1953 (to dir. Wilhelm Furtwängler)
- the Valkyrie , 1954 (to dir. Wilhelm Furtwängler)
- Elektra , 1964 (to dir. Herbert von Karajan)
|Random links:||Prisoner of war | Peter Gallagher | Pot (container) | The Spooks (group) | Autrigons | GORGÉE|