BeginningsMarco Ferreri was born with Milan on May 11th, 1928 in a family originating in Pavia. After studies of veterinary surgeon, and having tried to impose an new approach of documentary, it carries out advertizing films for a liquor company, then he becomes producer. Carried by the cultural effervescence of the post-war period to Italy, it comes to settle with Rome and launches out in the production of a series of documentary while asking various scenario writers and scenario writers (of which Luchino Visconti, Vittorio De Sica, Federico Fellini, Alberto Moravia and Cesare Zavattini) to carry out films which “ would avoid any handling of the spectator ”).
In 1951, it founds with Riccardo Ghione “Documento mensile”, transitory movies newspaper in which some great names of the cinema and the literature collaborate. The following year, he is director of production on film of Alberto Lattuada “the Coat” (It Cappotto, 1952) then in 1953, he produces with Zavattini and Ghione “the love at the city” (the amore in città) an film-investigation realized in the form of sketches. He appears for the first time at the screen in the episode “the Italians are turned over”, carried out by his friend Alberto Lattuada, of which he will be the interpreter this same year for “the Boarder” (Spiaggia) where he is also director of production.
In 1954, it holds a role in “Women and Soldiers” (E Soldati Gives) the film of Luigi Malerba and Antonio Marchi. In 1956, it goes in Spain where it sells projectors. It becomes acquainted with the novelist Rafael Azcona, young person collaborator with the satirical newspaper “Codurniz”. Their many affinities is born a close cooperation which is a prelude to at the beginnings in the setting in scene of Marco Ferreri. This one makes 3 films to Spain before regaining its country of birth:
- El Pisito (the apartment), in 1958, a satire of the housing shortage drawn from a news of Azcona of which he initially thought of proposing the adaptation to Luis Berlanga,
- Los Chicos (Children), in 1959, bitter soft history of 4 young people who await the weekend to have fun a little,
- El Cochecito (the small car), in 1960, a tasty film in which Jose Isbert incarnates an old man who goes until poisoning his family to obtain the wheelchair of his dreams. The film triumphs with the Festival over Venice 1960, and obtains with Paris the Grand Prix of black humor.
MaturityIt also turns in 1960, a Franco-Spanish coproduction, to Africa, in collaboration with Edmond Agabra: “The secrecy of the blue men” (El secreto of los hombres azules).
In 1961, in Italy, Ferreri finds Zavattini for new an film-investigation “the women show”, in 9 episodes. It takes care of that entitled “adultery”.
In 1962, he collaborates in the scenario of “Mafioso”, a film which will be carried out by Alberto Lattuada, then turns a satire of the institution of the marriage to Italy, “the marital bed” (Una storia moderna: the ape Regina) which is worth her first contentions with the censure to him and definitively places it at the row of the scenario writers iconoclasts. He will be actor in “Sortilegio” of Nando Bonomi, in 1970, and in “Ciao GULLIVER” of Carlo Tuzii.
In the years 1970, the taste of the scenario writer for the sulfurous subjects intensifies. Its films will analyze the neuroses which the manufacturing productivity and the capitalist accumulation generate in the modern society. It made to Annie Girardot an animal of circus, equipped with an impressive hair in “the husband of the woman with barb” (scimmia gave It). He asked Ugo Tognazzi to incarnate a professor of sex education in “Controsesso”. He showed Marcello Mastroianni obsessed by balloons in “Station-wagon-up” (the uomo dei palloni) and he transformed Catherine Deneuve into woman-bitch in “Liza” (Cagna). The “hole” of the Markets inspired a western-derision to him “Does not touch with the white woman! ” (Not toccare gave it bianca) on the death of the Custer general. The presentation of “the Large one Puffs out” (Granda Abbuffata) made a scandal with the Cannes festival in 1973.
After “Dream of monkey” (Ciao Maschio) turned with New York, it more readily seems to be interested in the world of childhood, ultimate hope of a company of which it does not cease filming the decline “Pipicacadodo” (Chiedo asilo). Ferreri put all its hopes in youth, the only able one, in its eyes, to change the modern world. That which designated itself as a scenario writer of the bad taste, was one of the disturbing poets of the contemporary madness and cinematographic modernity. He dies of an heart attack in Paris, at the hospital of Pity-Salpêtrière, on Friday, May 9, 1997. He is buried on May 13rd in Rome, in the large communal cemetery. He was 69 years old.
Its films on the decline of the company, including in the scatologique one, generally end in the escape, the self-mutilation or the suicide of their main character.
Catalog of films
- 1960: the Wheelchair ( El Cochecito )
- 1963: marital Bed ( Una storia moderna: the ape Regina )
- 1964: the Husband of the woman with barb ( gave It scimmia )
- 1965: red Station-wagon-up, erotism and balloons
- 1967: the Harem
- 1969: Dillinger died ( Dillinger E morto , also scenario writer)
- 1971: the Audience ( Udienza] )
- 1972: Liza ( Cagna )
- 1973: the Large one Puffs out ( the granda abbuffata , also scenario writer)
- 1974: Key not with the white woman! ( Non toccare gave it bianca! , also scenario writer and actor)
- 1976: the Last Woman ( Ultima gave , also scenario writer)
- 1977: Dream of monkey ( Ciao maschio , also scenario writer)
- 1980: Pipicacadodo ( Chiedo Asilo , also scenario writer)
- 1981: Tales of the ordinary madness
- 1983: History of Piera (also scenario writer)
- 1984: the future is woman (also scenario writer)
- 1985: I Coils You (also scenario writer)
- 1987: Y' has good the White
- 1988: Los Negros también comen
- 1989 : the Banquet (telefilm, also scenario writer)
- 1991: the Flesh ( the Edge , also scenario writer)
- 1991: the House of the smile
- 1993: Newspaper of a defect
- 1994: Faictz what will vouldras , medium-length film in homage to Rabelais
- 1996: Silver nitrate
- 1954: Women and soldiers
- 1969: Pigsty ( Porcile ) of Pier Paolo Pasolini
- 1973: Key not with the white woman!
|Random links:||Swiss number plate | Rally of the Vineyards | Hogan-Navajo | Events of years 1910 related to the Students of the Bible | François-Jean Orceau de Fontette | Alex_Haley|