The March 7th is the 66e Jour of the Année (67e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1266 : Naples: Charles of Anjou enters the city after having overcome and having killed Manfred of Sicily to the Bataille of Bénévent, the February 26th. Charles of Anjou had been as a preliminary invested by the pope Clément IV of the crown of Sicily.
- 1657 : The king Louis XIV prohibits the alcohol sale to the Indiens.
1792 : The Doctor Louis, celebrates surgeon of the time, recommends, in a report submitted this day to legislative Assemblée, the development of an oblique blade machine (the Guillotine), only means of giving death to all condemned with speed and safety (the first use will take place the April 25th 1792).
- 1917 : The first disc of Jazz is put on the market. It is about a recording of the group Original Dixieland Jazz Band including a composition which will be a success at the time: Stable Livery Blues .
1936 : Germany: Hitler viol agreements of Locarno by occupying the the Rhineland. Remilitarization of the the Rhineland, Germany installs troops in violation of the Traité of Versailles and Pacte of Locarno.
- Crossing of the the Rhine by the allies on the bridge of Remagen and entered of the American troops in Germany.
- the British enter to Mandalay (Burma).
- Iwo Jima : American Victoire: 216 Japanese prisoners out of the 21.000 soldiers occupying the island. The Americans conquered before Manila and Corregidor, where only twenty-six Japanese were made prisoners.
1951 : The Prime Minister Ali Razmara is assassinated by a fanatic; Anglo-Iranian Oil Company and other foreign companies will be then nationalized.
1960 : First publication of the magazine of programs TV Tele 7 days .
1974 : Both Allemagnes are appropriate to establish permanent diplomatic missions in their respective capital.
- 1976 : A representation of Elton John is put in exposure in the wax museum of Mrs Tussaud, with London. The artist is the first artist of rock'n'roll since the Beatles in 1964 to receive this honor in the famous establishment.
1980 : The tanker Tanio (Malagasy house), in charge of 27.000 tons of heavy fuel, breaks into two with broad Portsall (northern of the island of Batz, France). Eight sailors are killed while 8000 tons are spread at sea and pollute the coasts of the Finistere and out of the Coast-with Armor. To consult the site of the CEDAR
- Jarmila Kratochvílová carries the female world records indoor of the 400 meters with 49 S 59.
- Michele Mouton gains the car rally of the Portugal.
- with the the United States, the American boxer Marvin Hagler becomes world champion of the average weights by beating its compatriot Caveman Lee in sixty-seven seconds.
1991 : The oil barge Vistabella , registered with Trinidad and Tobago, without insurance as regards pollution, runs by 600 m basic with 15 miles in the south-east of the Île Nevis, one of the two major islands of the small Caribbean State of Saint-Christophe-and-Niévès. Its 2.000 tons of heavy Fuel flow in five jurisdictions: Saint-Christophe-and-Niévès, islands of Sheba (Dutch West Indies), Saint Martin's day and St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre (French West Indies), the British Virgin Islands, of the United States Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico (the United States). To consult the site of the CEDAR
- Regina Jacobs carries the world records of the 3.000 m with 8 ' 39" 14. She is convinced of doping to the tétrahydrogestrinone (THG) in 2003.
- a fire destroys the straw hut Aria Marina built in the most total illegality in seaside, in the north of Ajaccio, Corsica, France. One does not speak yet about business of the straw huts but one will come there.
- 2001 :
- the the United States carry out the 700e condemned to dead since 1976, date of the decision da the supreme court to declare the capital punishment in conformity with the constitution.
- a supposed commando of the Basque nationalist organization ETA seizes 1,6 ton of explosives close to Grenoble, France. Gregorio Vicario Setien , historical member of the ETA, Required in Spain for many files and supposed member of the commando is stopped the following day with a road block with forged identity papers, weapons and tracs of the ETA in its car.
- the Association of the Ethiopian lawyers (EWLA) alarm the international opinion vis-a-vis the recrudescence of the acts of violence against the Ethiopian facilities by the leniency of the courts.
- the American pharmaceutical group Merck announces the fall of the price of its drugs anti-AIDS bound for the Africa with immediate effect. The price of the Crixivan is now fixed at 600 dollars per annum and by patient and the price of the Stocrin is of 500 dollars.
- UNO vote of the sanctions against the Liberia, for a support for the rebels of Sierra Leone.
- At the time of the presentation of the third report/ratio of stage of the persons in charge of the inspections, Hans Blix declares in front of the Safety advice of the United Nations that the Iraq proceeded to “ substantial measurements ” of disarmament and that Baghdad shows from now on co-operation with the experts in disarmament.
- the the United States, the Great Britain and the Spain propose despite everything a project of second resolution giving a Ultimatum until the March 17th to Saddam Hussein.
- the government of the Democratic republic of Congo (RDC-ex-Zaire) and the rebels find an agreement to remelt their troops within a new national army and to reunify the country torn by four years and half of Civil war.
- 1746 : Andre Michaux, botanist and explorer French, born with Versailles, († November 16th 1802).
- 1763 : Leger-Happiness Sonthonax, French politician († July 23rd 1813).
- 1765 : Joseph Nicéphore Niépce, physicist French, regarded as one of the inventors of the Photography, († July 5th 1833).
- 1770 : Gabriel Jean Joseph Molitor, born with Hayange (the Moselle), Marshal of France, governor, large chancellor of the Legion of honor. († July 28th 1849).
- 1785 : Alessandro Manzoni, writer Italy N, born with Milan in Italy († May 23rd 1873).
- 1792 : John Frederick William Herschel, scientist, astronomer and British photographer , († May 11th 1871), wire of Sir William Herschel.
- 1797 : Manual Parra, Spanish Matador († November 8th 1829).
- 1867 : Birth of the Commander raynal
- 1868: Giovanni Giacometti, Swiss painter .
- 1872 : Pieter Cornelis Mondriaan, known as Piet Mondrian, painter Dutch, born with Amersfoort with the Netherlands, († 1944).
- 1875 : Maurice Ravel, type-setter French born with Ciboure in the Yrénées-Atlantiques, († December 28th 1937).
- 1908 : Anna Magnani, actress Italy († September 26th 1973).
- 1909 : Léo Malet, writer French, born with Montpellier, († March 3rd 1996).
- 1915 : Jacques Chaban-Delmas, politician French born with Paris († November 10th 2000).
- 1930 : Lord Snowdon, British photographer
- 1934: Gordon Flemyng, British realizer
- 1937 : Chicuelo (Rafael Jiménez Castro), Spanish Matador .
- 1939 :
- Carolyn Carlson, dancer and American choreographer .
- David Spedding, British spy
- 1947: Walter Röhrl, pilot of German rally .
- 1952 : Corine Marienneau, bass player of the group Telephone, French
- 1952: William Boyd, British writer.
- 1960 : Ivan Lendl, Czechoslovakian tennis player .
- 1961 : Nicolas Dupont-Aignan, politician French born with Paris.
- 1963 : Taylor Dayne, American singer
- 1964: Bret Easton Ellis, American writer born with Los Angeles.
- 1966 : Jean-Claude Flory, politician French born with Valence in the Drome.
- 1977 : Ronan O' Gara, half of opening of the team of Ireland of Rugby to XV.
- 1984 : Mathieu Flamini, football player French born with Marseilles.
- 1987 : Hatem Ben Arfa, French footballer
322 av. J. - C.: Aristote, Greek philosopher (° 384 av. J. - C.)
- 161: Antonin the Piles, Roman Emperor (° 86)
- 308: Holy Eubulus, Christian martyr
- 851: Nominoë, duke of Brittany
- 1274: Holy Thomas d' Aquin, Theology N and Dominican philosopher (° towards 1225).
- 1352 : Jeanne de Valois, sister of Philippe VI of France (° 1294)
- 1393: Bogusław VI, duke of Poméranie.
- 1625 : Johann Bayer, German astronomer (° 1572)
- 1724: Innocent XIII ( Michelangelo dei Conti ), pope (° May 13rd 1655)
- 1767: Jean-Baptiste Moyne de Bienville, French colonist and governor of Louisiana (° February 23rd 1680)
- 1778: Charles de Geer, industrial Swedish entomologist (° 1720)
- 1875: John Edward Gray, British zoologist (° February 12th 1800)
- 1904: Ferdinand Andre Fouqué, French geologist (° June 21st 1828)
- 1931: Akseli Gallen-Kallela, painter and engraver Finnish (° May 26th 1865)
- 1932: Aristide Briand, politician French, diplomatic, Nobel Prize of peace 1926 (° March 28th 1862)
- 1942: Pierre Semard, trade unionist and Resistant French (° 1887)
- 1952: Paramahansa Yogananda, Indian guru (° January 5th 1893)
- 1954: Otto Paul Hermann Diels, German chemist , Nobel Prize of chemistry 1950 (° January 23rd 1876).
- 1959 : Ichirō Hatoyama, 52e, 53e and 54e Prime Minister for the Japan (° January 1st 1883)
- 1967: Alice B. Toklas, écrivaine states-unienne (° April 30th 1877)
- 1975: Mikhaïl Bakhtine, Russian philosopher (° November 17th 1895)
- 1981: Kirill Kondrashin, Russian leader. (° March 6th 1914)
- 1988: Divine ( Harris Glenn Milstead ), actor transsexual states-unien (° October 19th 1945)
- 1995: Paul-Emile Victor, Exploring French (° June 28th 1907).
- 1995 : Georges Köhler, German biologist, Nobel Prize of medicine 1984 (° 1946)
- 1997: Edward Millets Purcell, physicist states-unien, Nobel Prize of physics 1952 (° August 30th 1912)
- 1999: Stanley Kubrick, Realizer states-unien (° July 26th 1928)
- 2002: Franziska Rochat-Moser, Swiss athlete. (° August 17th 1966)
- 2004: Mimi of Estée, Québécois Comedy , of French origin (° 1908)
- 2006: Gordon Parks, photographer, realizer, journalist and militant states-unien (° November 30th 1912)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Martyrs of Chersonèse (4th century).
- Éphrem of Alexandria († 546), patriarch.
Catholic saints of the day
- Holy Gaetan (15th century-16th centuries)
- Holy Happiness
Beats-smg: Kuova 7 Be-X-old: 7 сакавіка Fiu-vro: 7. urbõkuu päiv Nds-nl: 7 meert Simple: March 7 Zh-yue: 3 月 7 號
|Random links:||Node in tail of pig | De Bellis Antiquitatis | Chatuzange-le-Goubet | List asteroids (28001-29000) | DocCheck|