The March 6th is the 65e Jour of the Année (66e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1204 : Catch of Castle-Strapping man by Philippe Auguste.
- 1429 : Jeanne '' the virgin '', meets Charles VII king de France.
1643 : Rome: Antoine Arnauld has just published frequent communion , where it defends the Augustinus , manuscript of Cornélius Jansen , fought by the Jesuits, who obtained from it the judgment by the Inquisition, in 1641, then by the bubble In Eminent of Urbain VIII, published this day.
1916 : Verdun: Beginning of the engagements of the Death-Men and Dimension 304.
- Beginning of the lawsuit of Julius Rosenberg and Ethel Rosenberg, in front of the federal court of Foley Public garden, in New York. The Rosenberg husbands will be carried out the June 19th 1953.
- USAF authorizes the production under license of the English Electric Canberra by the company Glenn L. Martin, under designation Martin B-57 Canberra
1975 : A terrorist commando makes fourteen dead in a hotel of Tel-Aviv.
1981 : Ricardo Hoffman arrives at Santa Elena at the stroke. Party 84. 37 earlier of Corientes , it traversed the 481,5 km of the Rio Parana without stopping.
1982 : The practical professor Cabrol the first operation heart + two lungs.
1994 : Colin Jackson carries the world records indoor of the 60 m hedges to 7 S 30.
1997 : The workmen of the shipyards of Gdansk, were informed of the nearest closing of the site involving the loss of 3.600 employment.
- Some 20.000 people express in the center of Tirana to ask the international community to put an end to the repression carried out by the Serb police force against the Albanians of the Kosovo.
- Matthew Beck , accountant of the lottery of the Connecticut to Newington, the United States, keep silent its president and three superiors, for a wage disagreement, before committing suicide.
2000 : Doped by the international community, Chilean judge Juan Guzmán Tapia asks for the lifting of the parliamentary privilege of the former dictator Pinochet.
- in China, forty-two people whose 35 children of eight and nine years, forced to manufacture parts pyrotechnics, perish in the fire of their school.
- Vis-a-vis the foot-and-mouth disease, the France interdict on its territory the transport of the significant animal species, towards the markets and exposures in particular.
- Publication in the Egyptian daily newspaper El Midan of an interview granted by the Egyptian écrivaine Nawal el Saadawi to the journalist Wahid Raafet, following the prohibition of several of its works to the international exhibition of the book of the Cairo, in which this one makes him say that the pilgrimage with Mecque and to embrace the black Pierre concerned paganism.
- With Shikin , Afghanistan, the American hunters bombard the Talibans with among them of the women and the children.
- a Israeli Hélicoptère fires a missile on the Moukataa (complex of the Palestinian Authority with Ramallah) at the time when Yasser Arafat receives the European emissary Miguel Angel Moratinos.
- Vivendi Universal announces a historical loss of 23,3 billion euros Nets for 2002, which makes some most important ever recorded by a French group.
- a Boeing 737-200 of Air Algérie is crushed shortly after the takeoff of Tamanrasset and keep silent 102 people including 6 French. It is the greatest air crash which the Algérie knew since its independence in 1962.
- the Swiss Guard, armed with the the Vatican, accommodates for the first time in its center a soldier of color of Indian origin, Dhani Bachmann .
- Gaspare Pipitone , captain of the Vraquier Panarea Primo is surprised in red-handed of rejections of substance in Mediterranean.
2006 : Jean-Marie Guéhenno, assistant general secretary of UNO in load of the operations of Maintenance of peace, pays its fifth visit in Democratic republic of Congo (of the 6 with the March 15th), to on the spot realize, whereas the period which opens is critical, of completed work since the beginning of the Transition , the challenges which remain to be raised and what remains to be made in the preparation of the elections, envisaged the June 18th.
- 1405 : Jean II, king de Castille († 1454)
- 1459: Jacob Fugger, German banker , († 1525)
- 1475: Michelangelo Buonarroti known as Michel-Angel, painter and Sculptor Italy N, († February 18th 1564).
- 1483 : Francesco Guicciardini, statesman and historian Italy N, († 1540)
- 1495: Luigi Alamanni, poet Italy N, († 1556)
- 1619: Cyrano of Bergerac, soldier, poet and free-thinker French, († July 28th 1655).
- 1706 : George Pocock, British admiral († 1792).
- 1716 : Pehr Kalm, explorer and botanist Swedish († November 16th 1779).
- 1779 : Antoine-Henri Jomini, general French († 1869).
- 1785 : Karol Kurpiński, Polish type-setter of late classicism († October 18th 1857).
- 1787 : Joseph von Fraunhofer, German physicist († 1826).
- 1806 : Elizabeth Barrett Browning, British poet († 1861).
- 1810 : Paul Emile de Puydt, botanist, economist and Belgian writer († May 28th 1888).
- 1841 :
- 1862 : Guerrita (Rafael Guerra Bejarano), Spanish Matador († February 21st 1941).
- 1900 : Henri Jeanson, French dialogist
- 1903: Nagako Kuniyoshi, Empress of the Japan († June 16th 2000).
- 1904 : Joseph Schmidt, Austrian tenor († 1942).
- 1905 : Bob Wills, American singer († 1975).
- 1906 : Lou Costello, actor and American actor († 1959).
- 1914 : Kiril Kondrashin, Russian leader († 1981).
- 1926 : Andrzej Wajda, scenario writer Polish
- 1927: Gordon Cooper, American astronaut († October 4th 2004).
- 1928 : Gabriel Garcia Marquez, writer Colombia N, Nobel Prize of literature
- 1930: Lorin Maazel, leader and Violin ist
- : Marie-France Garaud, ex-minister French.
- : John Noakes, British presenter of television .
- 1935 : Ron Delany, Irish athlete.
- 1936 : Marion Barry Jr., mayor of Washington DC.
- 1937 :
- Ivan Boesky, stock exchange American.
- Valentina Terechkova, Russian cosmonaut , first woman in Space.
- 1939 :
- Margarita of Spain, duchess of Soria.
- Adam Osborne, writer and British creator of computer , († 2003).
- 1940 : Philippe Amaury, chairman of the Group Amaury specialized in the press and sports events, († 2006).
- 1941 : Robert Guéï, military leader of the Ivory Coast of the December 24th 1999 with the October 26th 2000 († September 19th 2002).
- 1942 : Ben Murphy, American actor
- Kiri You Kanawa, soprano New Zealand.
- Mary Wilson, American singer of the Supreme .
- 1946 :
- Patrick Baudry, Spationaut French, born with Douala Cameroun.
- David Gilmour, guitarist and British singer (Pink Floyd).
- Murray Head, singer and British actor .
- 1947 :
- Kiki Dee, British singer .
- Dick Fosbury, American athlete.
- Martin Kove, American actor.
- Rob Reiner, actor, actor, producer of American film
- 1948: Guy Mountain, humorist and actor French, radio, TV, French
- 1951 : Gerrie Knetemann, Dutch cyclist († 2004).
- 1953 :
- 1959 : Tom Arnold, American actor .
- 1972 :
- Terry Murphy, player of snooker northern Irish.
- Shaquille O'Neal, player of American Basketball.
- 1976 :
- 1979 : Tim Howard, American player of foot.
- 1252 : Rose de Viterbe, holy catholic (° 1235).
- 1615 : Pieter Both, first Governor-General of the the Indies Dutchwomen (° 1568).
- 1796 : Abbot Raynal ( Guillaume-Thomas Raynal ), French writer (° April 12th 1713).
- 1836 : Davy Crockett, personality states-unienne (° August 17th 1786)
- 1888: Louisa May Alcott, novelist states-unienne (° November 29th 1832)
- 1895: Camilla Collett, écrivaine Norwegian, pionnière of feminism (° January 23rd 1813)
- 1900: Gottlieb Daimler, Automobile manufacturer German (° March 17th 1834).
- 1932 : John Philip Sousa, type-setter and leader states-unien (° November 6th 1854)
- 1941: Gutzon Borglum, sculptor states-unien (Mount Rushmore) (° March 25th 1867)
- 1950: Albert Lebrun, Statesman, 15th President of the French Republic (º August 29th 1871).
- 1961 : George Formby, actor and British singer (° May 26th 1904)
- 1964: Paul Ier of Greece, kings of Hellènes (° November 14th 1901)
- 1965: Margaret Dumont, actress states-unienne (° October 20th 1889)
- 1967: Zoltán Kodály, Type-setter Hungarian (º December 16th 1882)
- 1973: Pearl Buck, novelist states-unienne, Nobel Prize of literature 1938 (º June 26th 1892)
- 1982: Ayn Rand ( Alissa Zinovievna Rosenbaum ), philosopher states-unienne of Russian origin (° February 2nd 1905)
- 1986: Georgia O' Keeffe, painter states-unienne (° November 15th 1887)
- 1994: Melina Mercouri, singer and Greek political personality (° October 18th 1920)
- 1997: Cheddi Jagan, president de Guyana (° March 22nd 1918)
- 1997: Michael Manley, Prime Minister of Jamaica (° December 10th 1924)
- 2005: Hans Bethe, physicist states-unien of German origin, Nobel Prize of physics 1967 (° July 2nd 1906)
- 2005: Teresa Wright, American actress. (° October 27th 1918)
- 2006: Dana Reeve, actress and American, widowed singer of Christopher Reeve (° March 17th 1961)
- 2007 :
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
Holy catholic of the day
Beats-smg: Kuova 6 Be-X-old: 6 сакавіка Fiu-vro: 6. urbõkuu päiv Nds-nl: 6 meert Simple: March 6 Zh-yue: 3 月 6 號
|Random links:||Merry Pranksters | Pierre-Victor Leger | Approved association of fishing and protection of the aquatic environments | Bernhard Gruber | Gabriel-Narcisse Rupalley|