The March 23rd is the 82e Jour of the Année (83e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
- 789: The Capitulaire Admonito generalis of Charlemagne fixes the first direct broad outlines of the Carolingian reform, which intends to regulate all the compartments of the life of the kingdom, in particular issuing the creation of schools in each évêché and the Baptême of the children before the one year age.
1357 : Truce of Bordeaux, the fourth since the beginning of the War One hundred Year old. After the battles of Poitiers, where it was made prisoner, Jean II '' the Good '' sign truce a two years with the Prince Noir, before being sent in England, where it will remain in captivity during three years.
1568 : Signature, after the victory gained with Calais by the duke of Own way over the English, of the Peace of Longjumeau, which restores the Édit of Pacification of Amboise (of the March 19th 1563).
1613 : The admiral Dutch Pieter Willemsz Verhoeff ( Pierre-Guillaume Veruff ), of return of Java, made stopover with the Meeting and baptizes the still uninhabited island England' S forest .
1682 : Louis XIV confirms by edict the Déclaration of the Four Articles, which becomes thus law of State. The pope Innocent XII then refuses to give the canonical institution to the priests chosen by the king to occupy the évêchés vacant ones, under pretext which they had subscribed to the declaration.
1743 : with London, first representation of the Messiah , composed by Georg Friedrich Haendel, which receives an ovation upright ( standing ovation ) - the first of the history, seem-T-it - at the conclusion of the representation.
1919 : Foundation with Milan, of the Fasci Italiani di Combattimento ( Italian Beams of combat ), by Arditi , interventionists of left, nationalists and the futuristic ones, in the presence of Benito Mussolini. These paramilitary groups will form the embryo of the fascistic left.
1962 : Swiss adoption in of the Federal law on the procedure of the federal Parliament, like on the shape, the publication and the coming into effect of the legislative acts.
1963 : Elisabath " Betty" Cuthbert, sprinteuse, short the 440 yards in 53 seconds 3 and beats the world records of the discipline (16 world records in its career).
1966 : The Pape Paul VI receives with Rome Dr. Michael Ramsey, archbishop of Canterbury. Since nearly four centuries, the two Churches were not attended any more. This day, they created a commission anglicano - catholic.
1968 : The XV of France makes a success of its first large slam.
1971 : In agreement with the family of the general de Gaulle, a National committee , whose presidency is entrusted to Henri Duvillard, then Minister for the War veterans and War victims, is made up for erection with Colombey-the-Two-Churches, within the framework chosen for its meditations by the general himself, of a memorial “ with the memory of the liberator of the Fatherland and the renovating one of the Republic ”.
- 1973 :
- Gordon Liddy, found guilty of participation in the installation of tables of listenings to the seat of the Democratic party, located in the building of the Watergate at Washington, is condemned by judge John Sirica; it is the first condemned in the Scandale of Watergate.
- the cargo liner of 20.000 tons Anita disappears in the Bermuda Triangle.
1980 : the fire is extinct. The June 3rd 1979, in the Gulf of Mexico, an eruption of Pétrole blew the offshore oil rig drilling rig Ixtoc 1 . A fire burned between 470.000 tons and 1.500.000 tons of oil during 295 days. To consult the CEDAR
1986 : Nelson Piquet is essential, in residence, the Grand Prix of Formula 1 of Brazil.
- a Airbus A310 of the Russian Company Aeroflot is crushed in Siberia making 75 dead.
- Shine Donaldo Colosio, candidate with the presidency of Mexico is killed with Tijuana.
- naval Accident in Sea of Barents between two submarines with nuclear weapons on board, during a exercise. Fortunately, not too much damage and no incidence on the environment.
- the United States: Beginning of the lawsuit of O.J. Simpson for the assassination of its wife and one of her friends the June 12th 1994.
- England: Eric Confined, after his aggression with kicks on spectator during the match which opposed Crystal De luxe hotel and Manchester United (January 25th), takes two weeks of imprisonment.
- the Leader L , cargo liner leaf Panamanian house, announces that a plate of 15 meters is detached from the hull and runs in the Atlantique with 500 nautical miles in the south-east of the Nova Scotia. Fortunately what it is not a question of a tanker.
- Anthony Ervin carries the world records of the 50 m freestyle to 21 S 21.
- 2001 :
- the orbit station Mir, arrived at the end of the lifetime, is désorbitée and disintegrates in the atmosphere above the Pacifique South between the Australia and the Chile.
- Whereas the France thought of having succeeded in circumscribing the hearth of the epizooty of Foot-and-mouth disease, a second hearth is discovered in the surroundings of Mitry-Mory to 50 kilometers in the east of Paris (the sick animals came from the farm where the first hearth was discovered) while the course of the 500 hearths was crossed in England where more than 500.000 animals were cut down.
- Opening, with London, of an exposure of corpses. Gunther von Hagens, Anatomist, thus exposes his models in various postures after having them " plastinés ". The Plastination is a stage which aims at replacing the water and greases of fabrics by Silicone, epoxy or Polyester. Nail of the exposure, of bad taste, a player curved on a chess-board, its cranium open revealing its brain and a rider to horse holding a whip in a hand, its brain in the other.
- a Marseilles bus driver affirms to be attacked by young people who innondé it gasoline before wanting to put fire at it. He will acknowledge that they is false and will be condemned to 18 months of suspended sentence.
2005 : An explosion in a refinery BP, the more important third Refinery of the the United States, with Texas City close to Houston to the Texas, makes 15 dead and more than 100 wounded. (already a first accident March 30th 2004)
- 1291 : Boleslas III the Spendthrift.
- 1501 : Pierandrea Mattioli, Italian botanist († 1577, 76 years).
- 1699 : John Bartram, American botanist († 1777, 78 years).
- 1749 : Pierre-Simon Laplace, French mathematician.
- 1769 : William Smith British geologist .
- 1826 : Leon Minkus, Austrian Type-setter († December 7th 1917).
- 1837 : Countess of Castiglione, Italian courtesan († November 28th 1899).
- 1881 : Roger Martin of Gard, French writer, Nobel Prize of literature 1937 († August 22nd 1958).
- 1900 : Erich Fromm, psychoanalyst, philosopher and German writer then American.
- 1905 : Paul Grimault, film producer of French animation.
- 1910 : Akira Kurosawa (黒澤明), Japanese realizer, († 1998, 88 years).
- 1912 : Wernher von Braun, German engineer then American, († 1977, 65 years).
- 1918 : Pierre Sainderichin, French journalist.
- 1920: Marcel-Jacques Dubois, Dominican monk French, Philosopher and Theologist. Professor with the Hebraic University of Jerusalem. († June 14th 2007).
- 1922 : Ugo Tognazzi, movie actor and Italian realizer, († October 27th 1990).
- 1931 : Viktor Kortchnoï, Swiss player of failures Russian then.
- 1940 : Daniel Biga, French poet.
- 1942 : Michael Haneke, Austrian realizer.
- 1951 : Plantu, French satirical draftsman.
- 1952 : Kim Stanley Robinson, American writer of science fiction.
- 1956 : Nicole Cap, French writer.
- 1957 : Chantal Lauby, humorist and French actress.
- 1968 : Pierre Palmade, French humorist.
- 1968 : Damon Albarn, singer English type-setter.
- 1972 : Judith Godrèche, French actress.
- 1976 : Elisa Tovati, actress and French singer.
- 1237 : Jean de Brienne, king de Jérusalem (°C. 1148).
- 1369 : Pierre Ier de Castille, king de Castille (° August 30th 1334).
- 1548 : Nobutaka Itagaki, general Japanese, one of the 24 generals of Shingen Takeda (° 1489).
- 1555 : Jules III ( Giovan Maria de' Ciocchi LED Assembles )), pope (° September 10th 1487).
- 1559 : Gelawdewos, Négus of Ethiopia (° 1522).
- 1606 : Right Lipse, humanistic Belgian (° October 18th 1547).
- 1679 : François Combefis, Patrologue French (° 1605).
- 1689 : Catherine de Francheville, Breton nun; founder about the order of the “ Sisters of the Retirement ” to Valves. (° 1620).
- 1742 : Jean-Baptiste Dubos, French writer (° 1670).
- 1747 : Claude Alexandre de Bonneval says Humbaraci Ahmed Pasha, soldier French (° July 14th 1675).
- 1801 : Paul Ier of Russia, tsar of Russia (° October 1st 1754).
- 1842 : Stendhal ( Henri Beyle ), French writer (° January 23rd 1783).
- 1927 : Paul Helleu, French painter (° December 17th 1859).
- 1946 : Gilbert Newton Lewis, physicist and American chemist (° October 23rd 1875).
- 1953 : Raoul Dufy, French painter (° June 3rd 1877).
- Artur da Silva Bernardes, president of Brazil (° August 8th 1875).
- Lucien Lacaze ( Marie Lucien Lacaze ), admiral, senior official and French academician (° June 22nd 1860).
- 1961 : Valentine Bondarenko, Russian cosmonaut (° February 16th 1937).
- 1964 : Peter Lorre ( Laszlo Loewenstein ), actor and realizer states-unien of Hungarian origin (° June 26th 1904).
- 1972 : Cristóbal Balenciaga, Spanish designer (° January 21st 1895).
- 1984 : Jean Proven, architect and designer French (° April 8th 1901).
- 1992 : Friedrich August von Hayek, economist of the Austrian School, " Nobel Prize of économie" (° May 8th 1899).
- Giulietta Masina, Italian actress (° February 22nd 1921).
- Shine Donaldo Colosio, political personality Mexican (° February 10th 1950).
- 2001 : David McTaggart, founder of the international section of Greenpeace (° June 24th 1932).
- 2002 : Eileen Farrel, soprano states-unienne (° February 13rd 1920).
- 2006 : Pío Leiva, singer of the Buena Vista Social Club.
- 2006 : No5el Josèphe, former President of the Nord/Pas-de-Calais Area District council.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Eusèbe de Valence († towards 600), bishop.
- Victorien de Carthage (5th century), martyr with his companions.
Catholic saints of the day
- Turibe of Lima († 1606), archbishop.
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Basile de Mangazée († 1600).
- Luc de Mytilène († 1802), Greek néo-martyr.
- Nicon of the Caves of Kiev († 1088), higoumene.
|Random links:||Antena (biologÃa) | Country house-of-Bousignac | Flin | The Master of the elephants | Futebol Clube Eleven Cheers C Maqui | Lucien Coutaud|