Friday the 1st er March 2002
- In France, Le Figaro publishes the good sheets of the book of the judge Eric Halphen “Seven years of loneliness”. The 27, he announces in a maintenance with the Monde, his engagement in policy at the sides of Jean-Pierre Chevènement.
- In Germany, the the Bundestag vote, with a voice of majority, then the “Bundesrat”, the 22, with four votes of majority, a bill on “the orientation and the limitation of the migratory flux”. This project is actually intended to give up traditional “the right of blood” and to transform the country into ground of immigration. Fought by the line, it was supported by the trade unions, the churches, the left, and most of employers.
- With Rome (Italy), two hundreds to three hundred and thousand anti-Berlusconi demonstrators in the street.
- Attack-suicide with Jerusalem - Western: 9 dead. Tsahal intensifies its reprisals in the occupied territories. The 4, Israeli the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon assigns like objective with Tsahal to inflict “ much losses ” with the Palestinians.
- In Swiss, referendum on adhesion with UNO. “Yes” carries it with 54,6%, which makes it possible the country to become the 190e full member of the organization, near which, it had until now only one seat of observer.
- In India, in the state of the Gujerat, the calm cost after one week of massacres between Hindus and Moslems: 485 dead.
- In France, the president-candidate Jacques Chirac, in displacement with Mantes-the-Pretty for a roundtable on the delinquency in public transport, it is taken highly with part by “young people” and must be folded up under the insults and spittles.
- From March 4th to 18th, in Afghanistan, American offensive (operation Anaconda) against a pocket of resistance of talibans and Al-Qaïda in the area of Sahhikot in the south of Kabul. Facing a thousand of combatants (instead of a few tens envisaged), American loses 8 soldiers and 2 helicopters as of engagement, but the engagements show the death of more than 700 islamist combatants.
- With Madagascar, the new president Marc Ravalomanana takes little by little the direction of the country starting from its town hall of Tananarive, and this in spite of the full powerss that the outgoing president Didier Ratsiraka was granted.
- the 7, some two hundred officers, of which a score of generals, join with Marc Ravalomanana.
- the former Secretary of State Jean-Christmas Jeanneney is named by the Council of Ministers with the presidency of the National library of France, to succeed Jean-Pierre Angremy (Pierre-Jean Rémy).
- With the Netherlands, the municipal elections bring a spectacular opening of the identity populist movement Leefbaar Nederland (“Of the livable Netherlands”) of Pim Fortyun, which obtains 34% of the voices with Rotterdam.
- In the West Bank and with Gaza, true “black Friday” where at the time of the battles, 46 Palestinian and 6 Israelis find death.
- the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is said ready “to negotiate a cease-fire under fire”, renonçant with its one week requirement of calm before taking again the talks.
- In France, reopening of the Tunnel of Mont Blanc, after 3 years of closing and work, following the fire of the March 24th 1999 which had made forty died.
- “Los Angeles Times” gives a report on a report/ratio of the Pentagone, preaching the use of the new nuclear weapons against any country which would threaten safety of the the United States.
- Attack-suicide with Netanya, two Israelis killed of which an infant, and with Jerusalem - western, 11 dead.
- With the Zimbabwe, presidential election in a climate of very great confusion. The candidate of the opposition, Morgan will tsvangirai request prolongation the 24 hours of the poll, which accepted by the “High-Court of Justice”.
- the 13, the outgoing president Robert Mugabe officially is proclaimed re-elected with 52% of the voices, but the opposition and the international observers denounce massive frauds.
Sunday March 10th 2002
- On the aircraft, to the return of a visit to the Meeting, Lionel Jospin entrusts to journalists: “Jacques Chirac is tired, out-of-date, is gained by a certain wear of the capacity”.
Monday March 11th 2002
- With the the United States:
- Six months after the Attacks of September 11th, 2001, of the commemorative ceremonies are organized New York and with Washington.
- a provisional monument with the 2830 victims is inaugurated in New York, as well as the launching of the operation “Homage of light” which must be renewed every evening until April 13rd.
- the president George W. Bush, in her speech of Washington, pays homage to the allied coalition, and evokes the second phase, already begun, of the war “against terrorism”.
- March 11th and 12th, following the attacks of March 9th, Tsahal response by the destruction of the offices of Yasser Arafat to Gaza: 39 Palestinian of killed.
Tuesday March 12th 2002
- Death of the cardinal Louis-Marie Ball , archbishop of Lyon, primacy of Gaules and president of the Conference of the bishops of France, at the 64 years age.
- Of from March 12th to 21st, the American vice-president Dick Cheney starts a round in 11 states of the Middle East: Jordan, Egypt, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Qatar, Turkey and Israel. Its goal is to make sure of the supports in the possibility of a new American action against the Iraq. End not-to receive Arab countries.
- the Algerian president Abdelaziz Bouteflika announces, in the presence of deputy kabyle known as “dialogists”, but in the absence of the two parties best established in Kabylie (FFS and RCD), the constitutional recognition of the Tamazight, the language of the Berbère S.
- the Israeli Gouvernement raises the prohibition made since the 3 December 2001 to Yasser Arafat circulate, but Tsahal continues its offensive.
Wednesday March 13rd 2002
- the Safety advice of the United Nations adopts in urgency, the resolution 1397, deposited in the night by the Americans, on the creation of a Palestinian state.
Thursday March 14th 2002
- In Scotland, justice confirms in call, the judgment at the life imprisonment of Abdel-Basset hound Ali Al-Megrahi . This member of the Libyan secret services had been condemned, on January 31st, 2002, in first authority, for his implication in the explosion of the Boeing of PanAm, on December 21st, 1988, and which had made 270 died.
- the Libyan Gouvernement denounces a “political verdict” which is unaware of “the new evidence presented by defense”.
- the Yugoslav presidents and Montenegrins, Vojislav Koštunica and Milo Djukanovic, ratify in the presence of Javier Solana the creation of the new state of Serbia-and-Montenegro, which replaces from now on the Yugoslavia.
- With Belgrade, the military intelligence services, stops the Serb vice-president, Moncilo Perisic, shown to have transmitted to an American diplomat documents with load, intended for the lawsuit of Slobodan Milošević in front of the TPIY.
- Arrived at the Middle East of the American special emissary Anthony Zinni.
Friday March 15th 2002
- Death in Paris, of the journalist, historian and polemist Andre Figueras, at the 78 years age.
- Tsahal announces to be withdrawn of Ramallah, Kalkiliya, Turkarem, most of Bethlehem, and of the refugee camp of Al Bourej. The US government request a complete withdrawal.
Saturday March 16th 2002
- With Paris, three cases of arson destroy ticketting “broad outlines” and the PC of the Gare Saint-Lazare.
- With Barcelona (Spain), economic top of the European Union. Three hundred and thousand demonstrators antimondialisation, at the time of brawls of street: ten casualties, about fifty arrests and many broken windows.
- In Colombia, assassination of the archbishop of Cali, Isaias Duarte , which was on the point of testifying in front of justice, on the bonds between the drug trafficking and the policy.
Sunday March 17th 2002
- With the Portugal, of the anticipated legislative elections was organized, following the resignation of the first socialist minister António Guterres. This last had undergoes an electoral reverse at the time of the municipal elections of the 16 December 2001.
- the Socialist party, with the capacity since 1995, undergoes a new defeat, vis-a-vis the social democrat Party (center-right). Jose Manuel Durão Barroso is charged to form the new government.
- the PSD with 40,12% and 102 seats out of 230 will have to be however combined with the conservatives of the Popular party who obtained 8,75% of the voices and 14 seats, and whose program is of nationalist and sedentary inspiration. The left evokes the spectrum of a “haiderisation” of the Portuguese political life.
Monday March 18th 2002
- From March 18th to 22nd, with Monterrey with the Mexico, conference on the financing of the development.
- from March 18th to 21st, gathering of some three hundred Ministers for the whole world, to prepare the conference of the Heads of State.
- from March 21st to 22nd, summit conference of 58 Heads of States, with adoption of a final declaration minimalist, called “the consensus of Monterrey”.
Tuesday March 19th 2002
- With Bologna, the adviser of the Italian Minister for Labor, Marco Biagi is assassinated in front of its residence. The 20, this act is asserted by red news Brigades, whereas several thousands of people express against terrorism.
Wednesday March 20th 2002
- Attack-suicide in a bus, close the Israeli city of Umm El Fahem : 6 died and about thirty casualties. Tsahal carries out new incursions into the “autonomous territories” and the refugee camps.
Thursday March 21st 2002
- In France:
- With the Living room of the book of Paris, a few tens of anti-Berluscini demonstrators, disturbs the inauguration whose Italy is the guest of honor. They decry the Italian delegation led by the Secretaries of State to the Culture, Nicola Bono and Vittorio Sgarbi , which leaves the living room.
- the 22, they denounce the attitude of the French government and in particular that of the socialist minister for the culture Catherine Tasca like having taken an active part in the organization of this anti-Italian demonstration.
- On the radio station France Inter, Jean-Marie Le Pen denounces a “machination” intended to prevent it from obtaining the five hundred necessary signatures to enable him to be officially candidate with the presidential election.
- With Reduction, the king of the Morocco, Mohammed VI sign the marriage certificate which will link it with Salma Bennani, 24 years, computer engineer. The weddings will proceed from April 12th to 15th.
Friday March 22nd 2002
- In France, on the television channel LCI, Jean-Marie Le Pen threat Jacques Chirac of a political “apocalypse”, if it did not obtain the 500 signatures, whereas the outgoing president, in an interview with a homosexual monthly magazine, promises not to call in question PACS if it were re-elected.
- Attack-suicide close to the supposed “green line” to separate Israel from the the West Bank, and whose only victim is the Palestinian kamikaze.
Saturday March 23rd 2002
- In Italy, between 700.000 and 3 million demonstrators, in Rome, with the call of the CGIL, against the industrial relations policy of the government of Silvio Berlusconi, of which the project of abrogation of article 18 of the labor regulation, guaranteeing rehabilitation in the event of judgment for abusive layoff.
Sunday March 24th 2002
- In Corsica, a bomb is discovered in front of the door of the apartment of the mayor of Bastia, Emile Zuccarelli (radical left), former minister for the Public office and fervent supporter of the candidate Jean-Pierre Chevènement.
- 74e ceremony of the Oscars with Hollywood.
- Oscar of best film with a man of exception of Ron Howard.
- Oscar of the best actress with Halle Berry.
- Oscar of the best actor with Denzel Washington.
- Oscar of best foreign film with No Man's Land .
- Named 5 times, the French film the Fabulous destiny of Amélie Poulain obtained “Spirits Adwards”, price independent of best foreign film.
Monday March 25th 2002
- In France, Lionel Jospin is declared hostile with the de-penalization of the use of the Cannabis, while adding that “to smoke a joint at home is certainly less dangerous than to drink alcohol before leading”.
- From March 25th to 26th, in Afghanistan, a series of seisms of magnitude ranging between 5 and 6, centered on the province of Baghlan, makes more than one thousand of deaths.
Tuesday March 26th 2002
- Launching by the European Union, unanimously of the fifteen countries, the new European system of navigation by satellite Galileo, which will make it possible the Europe to free from the American system GPS until now in situation of monopoly. This highly strategic decision for the technological and political independence of the Europe was obtained in spite of a strong hostility of American.
Wednesday March 27th 2002
- With Nanterre (Hauts-de-Seine), at the conclusion of a meeting of the Municipal council, an individual rises benches of the public and car on the elected officials, in killing 8 people, by wounding 14 seriously, and more slightly 5 others. Decree, the exaggerated one, member of parties and socialist organizations and ecologists, coldly affirms “and to have knowingly killed”.
- the 28, it commits suicide by défenestrant 4th stage of a building of the police headquarter of Paris, quay of the Goldsmiths, with Paris, whereas it was questioned by two police officers.
- In front of the American threat to freeze a help of 40 million dollars, the Serb Gouvernement wants to give itself the legal means to transfer from new accused qu TPIY, in spite of the resistance of the “Constitutional court”.
- Death with Los Angeles of the scenario writer Billy Wilder at the 95 years age. He was the author in particular of Sunset Boulevard and of Some like it hot .
- Attack-suicide of the Hamas in a large host of Nétanya: 20 killed Israelis.
- From March 27th to 28th, with Beirut with the Lebanon, 25e Summit of the Arab League, at the time which the total peace proposal of the heir to the throne of Saudi Arabia is discussed, prince Abdallah of Saudi Arabia.
- Absence of Yasser Arafat not to authorize to leave Ramallah by Palestinian the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon which estimates that “the conditions are not met”, but also of the Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, the king Abdallah II of Jordan and of the president of Iraq Saddam Hussein.
- the plan of prince Abdallah of Saudi Arabia adopted east, but it is at once rejected by the Israeli Gouvernement which qualifies it the “unacceptable one”.
Thursday March 28th 2002
- In the business of the Attacks of September 11th, 2001, the American Minister for Justice, authorizes the prosecutors to require the capital punishment against the free-Morrocan Zacarias Moussaoui shown to have taken an active part in the preparation of the attacks.
Friday March 29th 2002
- In reprisals with the attack of March 27th, Israeli the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon makes give the attack against the HQ of Yasser Arafat to Ramallah.
Saturday March 30th 2002
the United Kingdom: The senior of Windsors, the queen-mother Elizabeth died with the castle of Windsor at the 101 years age. The Queen Mum was a British popular figure.
Sunday March 31st 2002
|Random links:||Guerra de Yom Kippur | Pleonasm | Echinococcus granulosus | Mitaka | Cerithium vulgatum | Piotr Ćwielong | Orientation_sexuelle|