The March 16th is the 75e Jour of the Année (76e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
sixth century BC
1517 : Rome: The council of Lateran declares null and not avenues the resolutions taken at the time of the council joined together with Pisa of 1511 with 1512 at the instigation of king de France and the Emperor.
- 1662 : Inauguration of the first Public transport between the Door St Martin and the Door of Luxembourg . It is about fit with body public. Blaise Pascal is the instigator.
1848 : Berlin: With the news of rising Viennese and fall of Metternich, this day, enthusiasm seizes the Berliners. Rosettes with the German colors (black, red and gold) appear. The streets cover soon barricades. The king Frederic-Guillaume IV is constrained to accept the need for a restoration and to announce the immediate meeting of a federal Parliament, the creation of an army and a national fleet, and the extension of the Zollverein. He grants some concessions to the liberals: abolition of the censure and nearest convocation of the Landtag. But it is already too late to stop the revolution.
1934 : The Italy, the Austria and the Hungary sign with Rome the protocols creating the Danubian block to make part with the Little Entente, consisted the Czechoslovakia, the Romania and the Yugoslavia.
1962 : First of 1521 launchings of satellites Cosmos .
1965 : 1.500 students express in front of the Consulate of the the United States of Montreal, Canada, to protest against the discrimination made with regard to the Americans of black race who cannot use their right to vote in the south of the the United States.
- the tanker Amoco Cadiz is failed broad of Portsall in the Finistere, releasing 228.000 tons of crude and causing the black spring tide of Brittany.
- Aldo Moro, former president of the Council and president of the Party Christian-Democrat in Italy, is removed with Rome following a violent shooting which leaves 5 dead. The red Brigades will assert the attack, and Aldo Moro will be found without life the May 9th according to.
- 1990 :
- Tonya Harding is condemned by a court of Portland to 100.000 dollars of fine and 3 years of setting to the test, after considered to be guilty of obstacle to justice. The judgment also means that the American skater loses her license and her right to represent the United States in any competition. Harding had pled guilty in the business of the aggression of its rival Nancy Kerrigan, the January 6th with Detroit, by its ex-husband and one of his old bodyguards.
- the gas ship Traquair is surprised in the western rail assembling from Ushant with in its wake a tablecloth of hydrocarbons extending on 8 miles and 10 to 15 meters broad. A statement is established for this wild degasification. The English commander is condemned to 30.000 F of fine by the TGI of Brest the January 27th 1995, this sorrow will be carried to 250.000 F by the Court of Appeal of Rennes the March 18th 1996. To consult the CEDAR
1998 : A document made public by the Commission of the relations with the Judaism of the the Vatican " deeply regrets the errors and the failures " catholics during the Holocaust, but defends the action of the pope of the time, Pie XII; large the Rabbin of Israel requires that the the Vatican present excuses on the silence observed by the Catholic church on the Jewish Génocide.
- Lionel Jospin raises the veil on the use of the " kitty " 2000, while announcing for forty billion francs of falls taxes (approximately six billion euros) and ten billion more (one billion and half of euros) for the public expenditure.
- Renault prepares its return in Formule 1 by repurchasing the Italian stable Benetton.
- One condemned to death cleared is discharged in Florida. Joseph Green had been recognized guilty of murder and had been condemned to died in 1993, on the basis of testimony which appeared later stripped of reliability. It spent almost seven years in prison including three years and half in the Couloir of dead the. Joseph Green is the 19th slackened prisoner of the corridor of died of Florida since 1973, and the 87e condemned to death cleared with the the United States since 1973.
- the Senegal sign a Cease-fire with the separatists of Casamance, in thirteen years an old conflict.
- the Saoudi special forces give the attack against the Tupolev 154 of the company Vnukovo (Istambul - Moscow) diverted on the airport of Médine, Saudi Arabia. 3 people (one of the terrorists, an airline hostess and a Turkish passenger) among the 162 passengers and 12 team members are killed during the attack. The terrorists were directed by a former minister tchetchene of the Interior, Arsaf Aslambik .
- has PAPEETE, of torture of child is condemned to 19 years of prison to have inflicted maltreatment with children of which it had the load as a " mère" of family of reception.
- Ben Chitrit Machloof is stopped with the return of Paris, with New York with more than 61.000 seals of Extasy in one of its bags (estimate made by the customs: 1,2 million dollars or 1,3 million euros or 8,5 million FF).
- Meike Mr. , allemande has a problem: she is treated since long months for a brain tumor. Amenorrhoea , its doctor, alerted by a high rate of Prolactine rejected the idea of a “bacterial infection” or “of a pregnancy” to prescribe to him a hormonal treatment and examinations radiographic in the search of a Tumeur. Today it waits in the waiting room of its doctor when the first contractions occur. Six hours later, it is mom of a baby of 3.100 grams and 49 centimetres.
- European Council with Barcelona, where the France obtains guarantees on the public service in the process of liberalization of gas and electricity; a demonstration at the conclusion of the Council gathers three hundred and thousand demonstrators anti-universalization.
- France, close to Besancon: Two teenagers (13 and 14 years) attract one their comrades in an unused house. They make it drink, strike it, break a bottle to him on the head, lacerate the face to him, open to him vein them and leave to seek gasoline to burn it sharp. Fortunately, the victim succeeds in fleeing. They are put in examination for " voluntary attempt at manslaughter accompanied by acts of torture and barbarie". They will be condemned to 6 and 7 years of prison firm.
- Opening to the general public of the park Walt Disney Studios, 2nd park with topics of the complex Disneyland Brings out Paris.
- the US president George W. Bush, British the Prime Minister Tony Blair and chair it Spanish government Jose Maria Aznar meet in the Portuguese archipelago of the the Azores in order to evoke the Iraqi crisis.
- François Bozize, former chief of Central African staff dismissed in October 2001 for an attempt at Putsch, autoproclame " Head of the State " , the shortly after a takeover by force flash to Bangui, and constrained the president Angel-Felix Patassé to be fled with the Cameroun.
- Xiao Yang (肖扬), which was Minister for the Justice of 1993 with 1998, is re-elected president of the supreme popular Cour of China, at the time of the 6th plenary session of the first session of the 10th National People's Assembly.
- Sandrine Bailly and Martina Glagow divides the gold medal of the continuation 10 km of the championships of the world of Biathlon, with Khanty-Mansiysk, fault of being decided between by the Photo finish.
- Swing-low of combat between Dusseldorf and Cologne (Germany) or the firemen (frogmen) are on mission of interception on the person of a stray Phoque.
- a civil servant of the Taxes recognizes being at the origin of the disappearance of tax files of six personalities, of which those of Herve Gaymard and Claude Chirac.
- Israel gives the control of the town of Jericho (the West Bank) to the Palestinian authorities; four other towns of the West Bank will be transferred to the Palestinians according to an agreement concluded the last February 8th.
- New historical date for the Iraq: the first freely elected Iraqi National Assembly opens her inaugural session.
- Second turn of the municipal elections in France
- 1581 : Pieter Corneliszoon Hooft, historian and writer Dutch († 1647)
- 1585: Gerbrand Adriaensz Bredero, Dutch writer († 1618)
- 1634: Marie-madeleine of Fayette or French Madam of Fayette, écrivaine.
- 1750 : Caroline Herschel, British astronomer of German origin († January 9th 1848).
- 1751 : James Madison, 4th president of the the United States. († June 28th 1836)
- 1756: Jean-Baptiste Carrier, politician French
- 1789: Georg Simon Ohm, German physicist († July 6th 1854)
- 1794: Friendly Mud, Austrian geologist († 1881).
- 1800 : Ninkō, 120e Emperor of Japan.
- 1805 : Peter Ernst von Lasaulx, philosopher and German writer († 1861)
- 1820: Enrico Tamberlick, singer of opera ( Tenor ) Italy N. († March 14th 1889).
- 1822 : Rosa Happiness, realistic painter and French sculptor († 1899)
- 1834: James Hector, British geologist († 1907)
- 1839: Sully Prudhomme, poet French, elected with the French Academy in 1881 with the armchair 24. († September 6th 1907)
- 1840: Shibusawa Eiichi, industrial Japanese († 1931)
- 1844: Anatole France, writer French.
- 1868 : Maxime Gorki, Russian writer . March 16th of the Calendar Julien or March 28th of the Gregorian Calendar) († June 14th 1936)
- 1878: Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran.
- 1889 : Reggie Walker, South-African athlete († 1951)
- 1892: César Vallejo, Peruvian poet († 1938)
- 1897: Conrad Nagel, American actor. († February 24th 1970)
- 1901: Edward Pawley, American actor († 1988)
- 1902: Leon Roppolo, clarinetist of American jazz († 1943)
- 1903: Mike Mansfield, politician and American diplomat († 2001)
- 1905: Elisabeth Flickenschildt, German actress († 1977)
- 1918: Frederick Queens, physicist, Nobel Prize of physics 1995.
- Wolf Rilla, American realizer of German origin. († 1995)
- Traudl Junge, secretary of Adolf Hitler († February 10th 2002)
- 1922: (or 1923?) Jacqueline Cross-belt, journalist TV French E.
- 1923 : Heinz Wallberg, German leader .
- 1926 : Jerry Lewis, of her true name Joseph Levitch , is an actor, actor, producer and American realizer.
- Georges Séguy, trade unionist French.
- Vladimir Komarov, Soviet cosmonaut, dead the April 24th 1967 on board Soyuz 1
- 1928: Christa Ludwig, opera singer German (mezzo-soprano, for the opera and the Lieder).
- 1929 : Jean-Claude Vajou, journalist radio operator French († October 24th 2003)
- 1930: Tommy Flanagan, pianist and American jazzman . († November 16th 2001).
- 1931 : Augusto Boal, writer, Playwright, Director, theorist, man of theater, and politician Brazil IEN.
- 1932 : Walter Cunningham, American astronaut
- Teresa Berganza mezzosoprano Spanish
- Pepe Cáceres (Jose Eslava Cáceres), Matador Colombia N († August 16th 1987).
- Hachmi Bibi, politician Tunisia N
- 1941: Bernardo Bertolucci, scenario writer Italy N.
- 1948 : Jean-Claude Dauphin, actor French.
- 1949 : Erik Estrada, American actor
- Isabelle Huppert, French actress
- Guesch Patti, French singer
- Richard Stallman, American initiator of the project GNU and creator of FSF.
- 1957 : Panagiotis Dimitriadis, painter and Belgian photographer
- 1959: Michael J. Bloomfield, American astronaut
- 1966: (or 1965?) Christiana Reali, actress and actress French E.
- 1971 : Alan Tudyk, American actor.
- 1973 : Andrey Mizourov, Kazakh racing cyclist (evolves/moves at Astana).
- 37 : Tibère, Roman Emperor (° -46)
- 455: Valentinien III, Roman Emperor (° July 2nd 419)
- 1037: Robert d' Évreux, archbishop of Rouen
- 1185: Baudouin IV of Jerusalem, King de Jérusalem, at the 24 years age of the Lèpre.
- 1649 : Jean de Brébeuf, missionary Jesuit French with the Canada, martyrized (° March 25th 1593)
- 1736: Giovanni Battista Pergolesi, Italian type-setter (° January 4th 1710)
- 1754: Charles-François d' Hallencourt de Dromesnil, count de Verdun, cardinal and prince of the Saint Worsens (° October 24th 1674)
- 1781: Gaspard of Clermont-Thunder, military French of the 18th century, Marquis of Cruzy and Vauvillers (known as of Clermont-Thunder), then duke of Clermont-Thunder, Even of France, Constable, hereditary Large-Master of Dauphine, Marshal of France. (° August 16th 1688).
- 1888 : Hippolyte Carnot, French statesman (° 1801)
- 1914: Charles Albert Gobat, Swiss political personality, Nobel Prize of peace 1902 (° May 21st 1843)
- 1930: Miguel Primo de Rivera, Spanish political personality (° January 8th 1870)
- 1935 :
- John James Richard Macleod, British physiologist , Nobel Prize of medicine 1923 (° September 6th 1876)
- Aron Nimzovitch, Latvian player of failures (° November 7th 1886)
- 1936: Marguerite Durand, journalist and French feminist (° January 24th 1864)
- 1940: Selma Lagerlöf, écrivaine Swedish, Nobel Prize of literature 1909 (° November 20th 1858)
- 1955: Nicolas de Staël, painter French (° January 5th 1914)
- 1957: Constantin Brancusi, sculptor French of Rumanian origin (° February 19th 1876)
- 1968: Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Italian type-setter (° April 3rd 1895)
- 1971: Thomas Dewey, political personality states-unienne (° March 24th 1902)
- 1977: Kamal Joumblatt, Lebanese political personality Druze (° December 6th 1917)
- 1979: Jean Monnet, political personality French (° November 9th 1888
- 1980: Tamara de Lempicka, painter Polish (° May 16th 1898)
- 1984: John Hoagland, photographer states-unien (° June 15th 1947)
- 1991 :
- Gianna Beretta Molla ( Santa Scorcese ) béatifiée with Rome, three years later, by the Pope Jean-Paul II (° February 6th 1968).
- Govindan Aravindan, Indian realizer
- 1992: Yves Rocard, French physicist (° May 22nd 1903)
- 1998: Derek Harold Richard Barton, British chemist , Nobel Prize of chemistry 1969 (° September 8th 1918)
- 2001: Bob Wollek, French racing driver (° November 4th 1943)
- 2002: Carmelo Bucket, actor Italy N. (° September 3rd 1937)
- 2003: Rachel Corrie, activist states-unienne (° April 10th 1979)
- 2006: Patrick Knaff, sports correspondent French
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Gregoire de Nicopolis († 1000), bishop in Arménie then hermit close to Pithiviers.
Catholic saints of the day
Beats-smg: Kuova 16 Be-X-old: 16 сакавіка Fiu-vro: 16. urbõkuu päiv Nds-nl: 16 meert Simple: March 16 Zh-yue: 3 月 16 號
|Random links:||Rifle of attack | Meliah Rage | Jim Boles | Mister Lonely | Operator (data-processing)|