The March 15th is the 74e Jour of the Année (75e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
first century BC
493 : Ravenne: After a difficult war (489 - 493) and the seat of Ravenne (491 - 493), Théodoric carries out the king Odoacre who had capitulated. The Ostrogoths are the Masters of the Italy and the Dalmatie.
1265 : Hugues de Puychagut, Grimard de Picon and Hélie de Saint-Michel yields their rights on the fortress of Puyguilhem and the grounds surrounding to the king d' Angleterre Henri III. In exchange, a Bastide was to be built outside the castle.
1556 : Soliman the Magnificent the, influenced by his wife Roxelane, who managed to convince it of the treason of her large Vizier Ibrahim Pasha, makes assassinate this one and names in its place his/her son-in-law (the husband of its daughter Mihrimah), Rüstem Pasha.
- the Conspiracy of Amboise, assembled by the Huguenots, fails and the prince de Condé is imprisoned by the duke of Own way.
- naval Battle of Jerba, along the Tunisian coasts, which opposed the Othoman fleet, ordered by Dragut with a European fleet mainly made up of Spanish ships. The battle was gained by the Othomans.
1714 : Hagopdjan de Deritchan, richer merchant Arménie N, leaves Erevan with the ambassador of Perse and takes the road of Europe to transport present of the Chah of Persia Hussein Ier to the King de France Louis XIV.
1776 : The American Congress decides in favor of the abrogation of the authority of the English crown.
- Dauphine: The municipality of Saint-Vallier convenes the “Vizille of the democrats” to protest against a decision of the states of the Dauphiné, taken the January 9th to compensate the noble owners of goods in the event of suppression for the privileges.
- Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord, new the bishop of Autun, is established in the cathedral of Autun.
1867 : Vienna: A bicephalous mode is founded. Two new equal States are create: the Cisleithanie or empire of Austria, includes/understands the Austria, the Bohemia, the Moravie, the Galicie, the Bucovine, the Trentin, the Dalmatie, the Slovakia and the Istrie; the Transleithanie (kingdom of Hungary) gathers the Hungary, the Transylvania and the Croatia. The two States will be equipped each one with a Parliament. They are bound by the person of the sovereign, emperor of Austria and king de Hongrie.
1850 : Vote Loi Falloux, French law on the state education.
- Disgrace of Bismarck.
- the International Conference of work, joined together with Berlin (of the 15 to the 26), envisages the creation of an international legislation of work.
- 1917 : Pskov: Under the pressure of the state major, the tsar Nicolas II abdicates after having named a liberal, the prince Lvov, with the head of the government. Not seeing any possibility of restoring the order, the Michel large-duke, chosen by the tsar to succeed to him, gives up the throne.
- Hungary (of the 15 to 19): Adolf Hitler invades the country, which wanted to approach the Allies.
- France the national council of resistance proclaims are program.
- 1945 : The review Billboard publishes the first Hit-parade albums. Nat King Cole is at the head.
- Accrochage enters of the American military advisers to the South Vietnam and of the irregular Communists.
- Donald Jackson makes a success of a triple Lutz, obtains 7 times the maximum note of 6 and becomes world champion of figure skating.
- Wilt Chamberlain is the first basketball player to exceed the 4000 lasting points one season NBA
- a plane Lockheed L-1049 of the company Flying Tiger Lines crashe in the Pacific Ocean and keep silent its 107 passengers and team members.
1969: Confrontations between Soviet and Chinese forces at the border of the two countries.
1973 : The fourth session of the soviéto-American negotiations SALT on the limitation of the armaments opens with Vienna.
1982 : Fuji lance the first disposable camera.
1989 : During the tests of the Grand Prix of Formula 1 of Brazil, Philippe Streiff leaves the track. He will leave paralyzed this accident.
1993 : On the east coast North-American, a storm makes two hundred thirty-eight dead of which thirty-three sailors of an ore tanker, with broad of the island of Sand.
- the president of the RPR, Michele Alliot-Marie, suspends Jean Tiberi, Maire of Paris, its functions of departmental secretary of the movement gaullist following the dispute on the file of the members.
- Failure of the purists of the Chocolate. The the European Parliament allows the addition of other fat contents that the Cocoa butter.
- with TV-Quebec, the chronicler Daniel Pinard denounces the vogue of the jokes homophobes and personal.
- a collision close to the course Sao Vicente, between a vessel fishing Portuguese and the chimiquier Cervin , involves the shipwreck of the fishing vessel. To consult the site of the CEDAR
- 2001 :
- the largest oil platform of the world undergoes a series of explosions. Ten people died while the platform threatens to sink and to cause an ecological catastrophe without precedent on the Brazilian coasts with 125 kilometers of the coasts of the State of Rio de Janeiro. Brought into service in 2000, the P-36 platform had a height 120 meters (either the equivalent of 40 stages) and 175 workmen worked there.
- Armed with knives, three terrorists tchetchenes force a plane left the Turkey to be posed with Médine; the Saoudi police force will give the attack where an employee, a passenger and a pirate will perish.
- Jose Bove, cofounder of the Peasant confederation, is condemned by the magistrates' court of Montpellier (Herault) to ten months of suspended sentence and two years of setting to the test for the pulling up of rice seedlings transgenic in June 1999.
- Fall in the prices of the drugs antisida in Africa.
- Three Séismes (5,7 - 3,9 and 3,8) shakes the El Salvador without making neither victim, nor damage.
- a Séisme magnitude of 6,1 on the open scales of Richter shakes the island indonésienne Sulawesi without making neither victims nor damage.
- Inauguration of the Subway of Rennes.
- Andrea Yates is condemned to Houston, Texas, the United States at the life imprisonment without possibility of release before 40 years to have successively drowned in the family bath-tub his/her children Noah, 7 years, John, 5 years, Paul, 3 years, Luke, 2 years and Mary, 6 months the June 20th 2001.
- Beginning of the marketing of the Renault Vel Satis, the car equipped with the systême of navigation GPS Carminat developed by Renault, and with which Louis Schweitzer, owner of the automobile group had been lost in Forêt of Rambouillet (France) the February 4th 2002 at the time of a presentation to the press.
- With alternative Valence (Spain), of Antón the Cortes, Spanish Matador.
- Hu Jintao succeeds Jiang Zemin with the head of the Popular republic of China within the framework of the establishment of a new generation of leaders to the head of the country more populated planet.
- the the World Health Organization publishes emergency councils concerning the voyages in Asia, where several cases of atypical Pneumonie were diagnosed, describing this fatal disease and highly contagious like a " threat of world health ".
- François Bozize, former chief of Central African staff makes a success of his Putsch.
- Adam Małysz carries the world records of ski jump, on the large springboard of Lahti, with 132 meters (289,6 points).
- with alternative Valence (Spain), of Matías Tejela, Spanish Matador.
2004 : The American astronomers announce the discovery of Sedna, the celestial body most distant known from the solar system.
- 1492 : Anne de Montmorency, constable of France († 1567).
- 1638 : Shunzhi, emperor of China (Dynasty of Qing).
- 1713 : Nicolas-Louis de Lacaille, astronomer French.
- 1776 : Aime Picquet of Boisguy, general chouan
- 1830: Paul Johann Ludwig Heyse, German writer , Nobel Prize of literature 1910 († 1914).
- 1854 : Emil Adolf von Behring, German doctor , Nobel Prize of physiology or medicine 1901.
- 1858 : Liberty Hyde Bailey, American botanist († 1954).
- 1892 : Charles Nungesser, Aviator French († May 8th 1927).
- 1913 : Raymond Eddé, Lebanese politician
- 1920: Francine de Selve, writer Frenchwoman, († December 20th 2002)
- 1927: Christian Marquand, actor and realizer French. († November 22nd 2000)
- 1928: Marcel Van, Vietnamese redemptorist
- 1933: Philippe de Broca, scenario writer French. [[November 26th] 2004)
- 1941: Mike Coils, singer of the group The Beach Boys.
- 1944 : Jacques Doillon, realizer and scenario writer French, father of Lou Doillon, actress and oldest daughter of Jane Birkin.
- 1943 :
- Michel Piron, politician French, born with Saumur (Maine-et-Loire).
- David Cronenberg, Canadian realizer, born with Toronto (Canada).
- 1951 : Michel Bez, born with Toulouse, painter official of the Navy since May 1st, 1987 and established on May 1st, 1999.
- 1953 : Christian Lopez, Footballer French.
- 1962 : Terence the Trent D' Arby, American singer.
- 1967 : Naoko Takeuchi, mangaka.
- 1968 : Sabrina Salerno, Italian singer.
- 1975 : Eva Longoria, American actress.
- 1972 : Mark Hoppus, singer and American bass player
- 220 : CAD CAD, Prime Minister Chinese.
- 493 : Odoacre, barbarian king of Italy (°C. 435).
- 1190 : Isabelle de Hainaut, queen of France, first wife of Philippe-Auguste (° April 23rd 1170).
- 1311 : Gautier V of Brienne, count de Brienne and duke of Athens.
- 1367 : Jean Ier Meingre, known as Boucicaut , Marshal of France.
- 1416 : Jean Ier de Berry, duke of Auvergne (° November 30th 1340).
- 1556 : Ibrahim Pasha, large Vizier of the Othoman sultan Soliman the Magnificent the.
- 1583 : the happy William Binder, Christian martyr (° 1558).
- 1701 : Jean Regnault de Segrais, French writer (° August 22nd 1624).
- 1842 : Luigi Cherubini Compositeur Italy N installed in France as from 1787 (° September 14th 1760).
- 1849 : Giuseppe Mezzofanti, Italian linguist and cadinal (° September 17th 1774).
- 1891 : Joseph Bazalgette, French engineer (° March 28th 1819).
- 1898 : Henry Bessemer, engineer British metallurgist (° January 19th 1813).
- 1914 : Albert Charles Lewis Günther herpetologist and British ichtyologist of German origin (° October 3rd 1830).
- 1918 : Lili Baker, French compositrice. (° August 21st 1893)
- 1937: H.P. Lovecraft, writer states-unien (° August 20th 1890).
- 1941 : Alexej von Jawlensky, painter Russian expresionnist (° 1864).
- 1942 : Alexander von Zemlinsky, Austrian type-setter. (° October 14th 1871)
- 1945: Pierre Drieu La Rochelle, writer French (° January 3rd 1893).
- 1955 : Ernest Seilliere, writer and academician French. (° January 1st 1866).
- 1959 : To ballast Young, musician of jazz states-unien (° August 27th 1909).
- 1962 : Mouloud Feraoun, writer Algeria N of French expression (° March 8th 1913).
- 1962 : Arthur Compton, physicist states-unien, Nobel Prize of physics 1927 (° September 10th 1892).
- 1975 : Aristote Onassis, Greek ship-owner (° January 15th 1906).
- 1981 : Clear Rene, scenario writer and writer French. (° November 11th 1898)
- 1983: Rebecca West, British writer (° December 21st 1892).
- 1996 : Gad Al-Haq Ali Gad Al-Haq, Egyptian monk , vice-chancellor of the Mosque Al-Azhar with the Cairo (° April 5th 1917).
- 1997 : Victor Vasarely ( Vásárhelyi Győző ), painter French of Hungarian origin (° April 9th 1906).
- 1998 : Benjamin Spock, American pediatrist. (° May 2nd 1903)
- 1999: Harry Callahan, American photographer
- 2004: Philippe Lemaire, actor French (° March 14th 1927).
- 2004 : John Pople, British chemist , Nobel Prize of chemistry 1998 (° October 31st 1925).
- on March 15th is the international Journée against the Police brutality.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Nicandre of Egypt (+ towards 302), martyr.
Holy catholic of the day
- Holy William Binder (+ 1583), English priest martyr.
- the Louise de Marillac (+ 1660), first higher of the Girls of charity.
Orthodoxe saint of the day
- Manual Crétois (+ 1792), Greek néo-martyr.
Beats-smg: Kuova 15 Be-X-old: 15 сакавіка Fiu-vro: 15. urbõkuu päiv Nds-nl: 15 meert Simple: March 15 Zh-yue: 3 月 15 號
|Random links:||Corrosion | Desastre de la melaza de Boston | Canton of Salbris | Apollonius de Perga | King Diamond | Saint-Boniface (Manitoba)|