GeographySaonnet is located at 13 kilometers in the west of Bayeux, in the Regional natural park of the marshes of the Cotentin and the Bessin. It is crossed by the river Tortonne.
HistoryThe commune was successively called Saunnet, Sanohetum, then Saonet in XVè century.
At the time of the Battle of Normandy, the allies arranged an aerodrome in a field
Places and monuments
- Castle of Bern and its dovecote (1776) classified historic building.
- Castle of Mazinière, 17th century.
- Church of the 12th century.
Personalities related to the commune
- Common of the Apple-brandy
- Saonnet on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Saonnet on the site of INSEE
- Saonnet on the site of Quid
- Localization of Saonnet on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Saonnet on Mapquest
|Random links:||Syndrome of Alagille | Villefranche (Gers) | Tucker Carlson | Fourthly (Italy) | List classes of aircraft carrier in service | Mao_Zedong|